- How to turn off subtitles on Netflix on Android, iPhone and iPad
- How to turn off subtitles on Netflix on Chromecast
- How to turn off subtitles on Netflix on Roku
- How to turn of subtitles on Mac and PC
- How to turn off Netflix subtitles on Apple TV
- How to watch Netflix offline
- Watch downloaded videos On Netflix
Netflix shows subtitles with its video content which you can enable or disable.
In this guide, you will learn how to turn off subtitles on Netflix on almost every device.
How to turn off subtitles on Netflix on Android, iPhone and iPad
- When you are watching any video on Netflix with subtitles, tap on your screen.
- A dialogue icon will appear, tap it.
- You will see Subtitles, audio etc. settings for your video.
- Turn off subtitles.
How to turn off subtitles on Netflix on Chromecast
If you are watching Netflix video by mirroring your screen to your TV using Chromecast device, actually, you have to follow the Android/iPhone/iPad guide to turn of Netflix subtitles, because your TV has nothing to do with these options.
How to turn off subtitles on Netflix on Roku
- Select your video to watch.
- On description page of the selected video, you will see subtitles and other settings.
- Turn off subtitles by selecting OFF for subtitles option.
- Close the description page to continue playing video.
If you have a new version of Roku, there may be some change in method to turn off subtitles on Netflix.
- When you are watching your video, press up or down button from your remote control.
- Select Audio/Subtitles.
- Select off for subtitles option.
How to turn of subtitles on Mac and PC
- On your Mac or PC, open Netflix website.
- Play your desired movie or video.
- When your video is playing, move your mouse so that a dialogue icon appears on the playing screen.
- When the icon appears, your subtitles on/off option will be there. You can change it as desires.
How to turn off Netflix subtitles on Apple TV
- While you are watching video or movie, swipe down from your Apple TV remote. If you have Apple TV 2 or 3, then you have to hold down center button of remote.
- Subtitle option will come up for the video, you can on or off it from here.
Netflix can also be played on Blu-Ray, Xbox and play stations, subtitles can be switched on/off, on these devices too.
If you want to turn off subtitles on play station 4, hit the down button from your controller, dialogue icon appears, select it and you will have the option for subtitles. Similarly, down buttons for Xbox and Blu-Ray players will help you out to set sub titles.
How to watch Netflix offline
Netflix does not allow all videos to watch offline, but it provides some contents to download and watch it without internet. Note, this is not available in all countries.
- Open Netflix app and sign in to your account if you are not already signed in.
- Tap on profile icon on the top left corner of app screen.
- Tap on Available for download. This will show you the only contents which are available to download and watch offline.
- Tap the item to download.
- Tap on download button (it is downward arrow).
- Wait for download to complete.
Watch downloaded videos On Netflix
- Tap on your profile icon on top.left screen.
- Tap on My downloads.
In this section, you will see all of your downloaded videos and you can watch them offline.