There are a number of websites that can’t be accessed via the school internet providers for security purposes. But sometimes these restrictions are extended to informational sites like National Geographic and Discovery just because of some their content seems violent or inappropriate. Moreover, the names of countries are often banned to search for they might be uncensored.
- Use HTTPS
One of the major tips any person who has experienced in accessing blocked sites will mention you is that you can access sites that have https, in them and not the HTTP. Most of the hacking sites only block the sites that have HTTP in their URL and leave out the https blocked websites. That’s the key.
- In order to use this method, simply type one ‘s’, in front of the HTTP in the URL and voila, you can now access the website.
- But do note that this method does not work for all websites, especially those which do not provide the security certificate.
- On the other hand though, the websites like YouTube and Gmail, this is the only method that is required to be followed.
- ‘Unblocking’ Website
If the above-mentioned trick is not workable for your school, you will need to take more advanced steps. And they include using websites that specifically help for unblocking. Consider these websites if you want to unblock some which your school might have blocked.
You can just type the URL of each of the websites mentioned above and click on the browse option. The website will then take you to a server that is proxy and from there on, it will not be able to detect you on which website your browsing is happening.
- Chrome UltraSurf
If the above step is not working even, probably, your school is making use of a light speed service in order to block the websites.
- If it has LightSpeed enabled, which is basically, a very powerful firewall, but UltraSurf extension for Chrome can be able to solve the problem easily.
- Once you have UltraSurf and the internet connection shows connected you’ll be able to browse the internet freely with its proxy network.
- Use VPNs
You can try gaining access through the most obvious method i.e. by using a VPN. VPN although they are very effective solutions, they may get slower than the actual speed of the Internet.
- This could be mainly because of the high number of devices which are connected across the world.
- VPN Book provides these VPN addresses any time you want with gaining access to almost 5 servers at the same time.
- Use Proxy Browsers
You can use proxy servers to overcome these restrictions as well. Some of the sites I’d suggest would be Hide.me, HideMyAss, and Proxynator.
- These websites support the HTTPS encryption which means your data remains safe and can get access to all HTTPS supporting sites.
- Extensions for Google Chrome
If the most widely used browser is also the one which you are using, then this could be for you! Google Chrome offers a wide variety of extensions that can be used for unblocking specific websites. You can read about them on the Internet for more information on how to use the same.
- Take the Help of Seniors
Also, take the help of any senior who would want to help you with the unblocking if you do not understand the highly technical terms of cyber security involved.
- Also, this becomes one of the good times to learn ethical hacking that is hacking in order to expose something wrong and it is usually done for peaceful purposes.
- At the end of the day, ensure that the process of unblocking the websites have been enjoyed and do not ever use it for causing any form of harm to others in any way possible, as the results of the same can be bad for you as a student.
- Take Permission from Authorities
Also, if caught in the act of unblocking the websites, ensure that you duly apologize to the higher authority because it is one’s responsibility to follow up the rules at school.
Taking permission from authorities can help lighten the matter to a large extent. Ensure that you do not argue or question as to why a particular website was blocked because schools do not block educated websites anyway.
- Also, do not engage other people and make them also join in the activity as if you are caught up with the other person, then he/she will also have to face the punishment.
- All in all, unblocking the school websites can be a fun thing to do, but at the same time, ensure that the activity is done in limits and does not harm any party in any way.
- Before setting to unblock a particular website, ensure that the website that you are about to access does not have bad content that can harm you in any way.
- If it is there, then do not fall to the peer pressure or the pressure to experiment, and go ahead with the unblocking. Understand that the measures have been taken up in the school only for the benefit of the children and nothing much can be wrong or any other motives are hidden behind it.
So here we have talked on how to get over these restrictions and get access to the information we need to. Here are some ways to have it done.
- Before you go on to unblock the websites on the school computers, ensure that these websites that have been blocked for the good of the student and for the security of the school.
- Ensure that the websites that you are trying to unblock do not harm you in any way, or disrupt the security of the school.
Ensure that the website you are operating by unblocking the same does not cause viruses to either disrupt the operating systems on your phone, or the data present in it.
How do you unblock websites on your computer?
How do you unblock websites at school without a proxy?
- Method 1: Use short link of sites. This is a very simple and most effective method used to unblock any sites.
- Method 2: Tether to your phone.
- Method 3: Use HTTPs.
- Method 4: Use translator.
Which browser is used to open blocked sites?
The access to a large library of extensions makes Chrome one of the best browser to open blocked sites. You can simply add an extension to the Chrome browser and access any restricted sites with ease.
How do you bypass blocked websites at school?
- Proxy Websites.
- Browser Extensions.
- Stolen Passwords.
- Firefox from USB.
- Changing Network Proxies.
How do you get past a blocked WIFI?
Who is using my internet?
Can someone see my Internet history if I use their WiFi?
Can someone see what your doing on their WiFi?
How do I kick people off my WiFi?
Can you kick someone off your internet?
How do I kick devices off my Google WiFi?
Ads by Google