Even though Samsung tablets have an excellent performance capacity, they can slow down or become unresponsive owing to several reasons. Generally, this occurs when you are working with apps that are either too heavy or incompatible with your device.
- Try Closing Unresponsive Apps
Whenever your Samsung tablet becomes unresponsive, you should try to close all the apps that are open. If you have been working on an app or software that has suddenly become unresponsive, you should try to exit the app or close the app.
- You can try to exit the app by pressing the Home button of your tablet. You may have to tap the Home button more than once to exit the frozen screen.
- Once you are back to your Home screen, you can open the settings and check if the app is still working in the background.
- If the Home button is not responding after multiple attempts you can try to minimize or close the app by selecting the app view button. Wait for a few seconds after each attempt.
- Open the Settings
After trying the above steps, if your tablet is still in frozen condition, you need to try and access the settings.
- There are various ways to open the settings menu of your Samsung device. If you are able to check your Home screen, try to open the Apps Drawer from the bottom menu.
- In the Apps drawer, you will find the Settings icon. Tap over it and wait for the device to open the settings.
- Open the Quick Settings
If your tablet is too frozen and you cannot access the Apps drawer, then you can try opening the settings from the notification drawer.
- You can open the Quick settings bar from the top of the screen by swiping down with your finger.
- You will find a small gear icon on the top right corner. This is your quick settings icon. Tap over it to open the settings menu.
- Open the App Settings
After opening the settings of your tablet, you need to access the Apps section to close the application that has caused your tablet to hang or slow down.
- Inside the settings search for the option “Apps”. Scroll down until you find the option and tap over it to open the Apps settings.
- Next, you have to search for the name of the frozen application. Once you locate it tap over it and your screen would display options to “Force Stop” or uninstall the application.
- You can select the “Force Stop” option if you don’t wish to uninstall it. This would shut down the app but you will be losing your unsaved app data.
- Reinstall the App
Sometimes certain apps can slow down your tablet or freeze it repeatedly. In such a case, it is best to uninstall or reinstall the app.
- For uninstalling the application you need to open the Apps section from the Settings and select the concerned app. If it is a system app, you will only find the option “Disable”. You can uninstall or disable the app to stop it from functioning.
- If you still want the app, download and install a different version of the app from authorized sources like Play Store.
- Restart the Tablet
If all the above steps have not improved the performance of your tablet or if your tablet is fully frozen and you cannot perform the above steps then you need to restart your device.
- For resetting your tablet, simultaneously press the “power” button and the “Volume down” button for 10 seconds.
- If it is not working, try again but this time hold down the buttons for around 25 to 30 seconds. This should restart your tablet within a minute.
- Forcibly Turn Off Your Tablet
If the above method doesn’t restart your tablet, you can try to turn it off by pressing just the power button.
- Keep the power button pressed for around 1 minute and look for changes on the screen. Repeat the process a couple of times until the screen turns black.
- Wait for a few minutes and then press the power button to turn on the device.
- If you are unable to forcibly power off the device, you can leave it frozen until the battery drains out. Once the screen goes dark, you can charge it and turn it on.
- If the tablet frequently becomes unresponsive, you may have to try doing a factory reset. You can find help on factory reset at Samsung Official Website.