A stuffy nose can be pretty annoying and can hinder your daily routine. Your nose drips and also you sound quite funny while talking. Most of the people feel that stuffy nose is because of excessive mucus in nasal passages.
Nonetheless, you should know that clogged nose can be caused by inflammation of the blood vessels in sinuses. These vessels are triggered by flu, cold, allergies, or even a sinus infection. Irrespective of the reasons, here are some easy methods to relieve it.
- Use Humidifier
A humidifier is a quick and easy method to soothe your sinus pain and also relieve the stuffy nose. The humidifier can convert water into moisture which will fill the air slowly and will enhance the humidity in the room. If you breathe in moist air, it will give relief to the blood along with the swollen blood vessels inside the nose.
It can also thin mucus in sinus and empty the fluid in the nose, restoring your breathing to normal. Thus, you should put a humidifier in your room.
- Snack on Horseradish
Horseradish is a good option to clear your stuffy nose. It belongs to the family of wasabi and mustard. It is a home remedy for stuffy nose and helps with the extraction of mucus.
- Add some horseradish to your sandwich or
- spread it on a cracker along with lemon juice and olive oil.
Nibble till you start feeling that stuffy nose has started draining. In case the problem in a chronic one, you should have horseradish at the beginning of your symptom. This will help in getting rid of the stagnant mucus.
- Use Saline Spray
Stay hydrated with saline water. When you use a saline spray, it will help in enhancing moisture in the nostrils. The spray will also help in thinning the mucus in the nasal passages. It will decrease the inflammation caused in the blood vessels inside the nose and will empty the fluid from it. You will find several saline sprays in a pharmacy store.
- Make Hot Ginger Compress
- Slice 3 pieces of ginger for this and add it to 2 cups of boiling water in a pan.
- Cover the pan and simmer it for 20 minutes.
- Take a washcloth, soak it in the brew, and ensure that it isn’t extremely hot to burn the skin.
- Lie on the couch, keep the head elevated and allow your sinuses to drain.
Ginger has inflammatory properties and opens up nasal passages.
We always recommend in howto.org see a doctor if the pain persist.
How do you open a blocked nose?
- Use a humidifier or vaporizer.
- Take long showers or breathe in steam from a pot of warm (but not too hot) water.
- Drink lots of fluids.
- Use a nasal saline spray.
- Try a Neti pot, nasal irrigator, or bulb syringe.
- Place a warm, wet towel on your face.
- Prop yourself up.
- Avoid chlorinated pools.
How should I sleep with a stuffy nose?
- Prop your head up with extra pillows.
- Try bedding covers.
- Place a humidifier in your room.
- Use nasal saline rinse or spray.
- Run an air filter.
- Wear a nasal strip during sleep.
- Drink plenty of water, but avoid alcohol.
- Take your allergy medicine at night.
How do you Unstuff your nose in 5 minutes?
How can I unblock my nose naturally?
- Use a humidifier. A humidifier provides a quick, easy way to reduce sinus pain and relieve a stuffy nose.
- Take a shower.
- Stay hydrated.
- Use a saline spray.
- Drain your sinuses.
- Use a warm compress.
- Try decongestants.
- Take antihistamines or allergy medicine.
How can I unblock my nose in 3 minutes?
Does Vicks unblock your nose?
What are the pressure points to unclog your nose?
How do you massage a blocked nose?
Why does one nostril get blocked?
You can use your fingers to gently massage your sinuses to get nasal congestion relief. For example, place your index fingers on both sides of your nose where the nose and cheek meet (with one finger on each side), and apply moderate pressure for 2 to 3 minutes.
Is blowing your nose bad?
How long does a blocked nose last?
Can you suffocate from a stuffy nose?
Ads by Google