Google chrome is widely used internet browser for Windows, iOS, Android and Linux operating systems.
In this guide, you will learn how to update chrome.
How to update chrome on Windows, Mac and Linux
Usually, chrome updates automatically when new version is launched. But if you want to check for updates manually you can do it by following steps below.
- Open chrome on your pc.
- Click on menu (three dots on top left corner of the chrome screen).
- Click on help.
- Click on About google chrome.
By clicking on About Google Chrome menu, it will check for the updates at that time. If updated version of chrome will be available it will download it and wait for you to close the browser so that it can install them.
Now, if the updates are available and already downloaded and waiting for you to close the browser, the three menu dots on the top left will be changed to arrow icon having three different colors. Each color represents different meaning.
Red: Update available for 7 days.
Orange: Update available for 4 days.
Green: Update available for 2 days.
When you see any of these arrows, you must restart your browser in order to install the updates.
Note that when chrome updates, it does not recover the tabs opened before. So, keep yourself aware of this and take measures accordingly.
Chrome releases new major version of browser every six weeks. Security patches are released more often than that.
How to update Chrome on Android
You can download latest version of google chrome for android.
Follow the steps below to update chrome on android.
- Open play store.
- Tap on menu (three horizontal lines) on top left corner.
- Tap on My apps and games.
Here you will see all app installed in your device. If the new version of is available you will see update button in front of the app
- Similarly, find the chrome from the installed apps and see if update is there in front of it.
- Tap on Update.
- It will download new version and install it within few minutes.
- You have now latest version of google chrome. And note that update option will change to open after installing latest version.
How to update chrome on iPhone
- Open app store.
- Tap on Updates located on the top.
- If your chrome version is not latest, you will find it in this section. Tap on update and wait for install.
Cast screen from google chrome
You may use screen mirroring or Casting your device’s screen to your smart TV or Chromecast device, but Chrome Browser has also one click method to cast whatever is on screen.
- Open the website you want to cast. Opening website is not necessary.
- Right click anywhere on the chrome window, click on cast.
- From pop-up window, select the device to cast to.
This is useful when you are watching Netflix on your PC, and desire to share it with family members or to enjoy on big screen.
Tip: You can search on websites without actually visting them. For your better understanding, when you want to search something on Wikipedia search engine, you need to open its website and then search.
Follow the steps, and you will be able to search directly.
- Open chrome menu.
- Click on settings.
- Click on Manage Search Engines.
Type the URL of the search engine to add it. Like Wikipedia.org
Now whenever you will type Wikipedia.org in the address bar of the browser, it will prompt you to press TAB to search within the website.
Open two tabs at once in chrome Android
Latest android smartphones have been adding split screen features in their operating systems. Chrome has also stood up with the latest android versions and has added support for the split screen. Now, you can open two tabs and view them in the split screen. To do so;
- Open chrome app on your android.
- Split the screen of your mobile in usual way.
- Ta on chrome menu dots located at top right corner of the screen.
- You will have an option there saying “Move to other window”.
- Your tabs will be now work on split screens parallelly.
This is useful when you want to switch between two websites.
Disable chrome notifications
Chrome notifications are very useful for important emails and social media messages, but if you find them annoying, you can turn it off by going to Settings>Advanced Settings>Content Settings>Notifications.
If you are on chrome mobile app, you can enable or disable notifications by going to Settings>Site Settings>Notifications. Click on website you want to restrict from pushing notifications. Select block from notification section. Done!
How do I know if my version of Chrome is up to date?
Does my Chrome need to be updated?
Does Google Chrome update automatically?
If the Google Chrome icon is among the list of pending updates, tap the update button next to it. If it is not included in the list, the Chrome app is already up to date. Android also allows for automatic app updates; here are your options.
Why can’t I update my Google Chrome?
What is the latest version of Chrome?
|Chrome on macOS
|Chrome on Linux
|Chrome on Android
|Chrome on iOS
Why does Google Chrome keep asking me to update?
How do I update Chrome without reinstalling?
Do I have Google Chrome?
How do I stop Google Chrome from auto updating?
For latest versions, use following steps:
- Go to “msconfig” from Win+R.
- Go to Service tab.
- Uncheck both “Google Update Service” boxes.
- Click OK and Restart computer to save changes.
How do I roll back a Chrome update?
- Step 1: Uninstall Chrome.
- Step 2: Delete Chrome Data.
- Step 3: Download Older Chrome Version.
- Step 4: Disable Chrome Auto-Updates.
How do I turn on auto-updates in Chrome?
Can I downgrade chrome version?
Can I install two versions of Chrome?
How do I get my old Chrome tabs back?
How do I downgrade chrome to 88?
Ads by Google