Using LinkedIn to network and gain connections in your job field is an excellent way to further your career. Of course, it is always good to rise in the ranks for your current job, but keeping your options open to better opportunities by keeping an eye on postings on LinkedIn. The best way to make sure that your LinkedIn profile draws the most attention from potential employers or recruiters is to ensure that your resume is always up to date. Follow these simple steps for uploading your updated resume to your LinkedIn profile.
- Log into your LinkedIn profile from a computer. Updating parts of your profile and uploading resumes or portfolios should be done from the web version of LinkedIn versus the mobile app.
- Go to your profile and select “Edit”. You should see it in the top right hand corner of your screen.
- Once you open the “Edit” menu, look for the “Media” section. This option allows you to upload various different types of files to your LinkedIn profile such as audio samples, digital portfolios, and documents such as resumes.
- From the “Media” section, select the button that reads “Upload”. This will open up all of the folders on your computer. Select the file for your resume, and type that file name into the text box. Your Resume file will appear.
- Enter a short description that says what the file is. You can simply type in “Resume” or you can be more specific and add more descriptive terms such as “Accounting Resume” for example.
- Click the button that says “Apply” and your resume and description will be added to your profile page.
- Make any other changes to your page as necessary, or upload more files. Once you have finished editing and updating your profile page, select the button that reads “Save”. This will save all of the changes and files that you have just uploaded, and bring you back to your profile page. You should be able to see that your resume is uploaded when you get back to this screen.
How do I edit my resume on LinkedIn?
How do I update my resume on LinkedIn 2019?
- Click on the pencil edit icon in the top right corner of the “About” (summary) section.
- Scroll down to the “Media” section and click “Upload”
- Select your resume file.
- Add a title and description and click “Apply”
- Click “Save” to return to your profile.
How do I remove my old resume from LinkedIn?
Where do I find my resume on LinkedIn?
- Click the Me icon at the top of your LinkedIn homepage.
- Click View profile.
- Click the More… button in the introduction card.
- Select Build a resume from the dropdown.
How do I put my resume on LinkedIn 2020?
- Search for a job.
- Click or tap on a job title to view details.
- Click or tap the Easy Apply button.
- Complete the required fields.
- Under Resume (optional), select Upload resume to upload your resume.
- Click or tap Submit application when finished.
Does LinkedIn have resume templates?
Does LinkedIn review resumes?
Where can I get good resume templates for free?
- In-built MS Word templates.
- Google Drive.
Are there any really free resume templates?
What should a resume look like in 2021?
- Good font. Use an easy-to-read typeface.
- Evenly-set margins. Resume margins on all four sides should be 1-inch.
- Consistent line spacing. Go for single or 1.15 line spacing for all resume sections.
- Clear section headings.
- Enough white space.
- No graphics, no photos.
- Ideally one-page.
How can I make my resume stand out in 2021?
- Divide your resume into clear sections. You may have, far and away, the best resume for the position you are applying for.
- Choose the right font.
- Include the right skills.
- Write a two page resume.
- Simplify your resume.
- Know your audience.
How do I get my resume noticed?
- Outsmart the Robots. According to Sulaiman Rahman, CEO of DiverseForce, recruiters may not be the only ones you need to impress.
- Show Off Your Skills.
- Don’t Restrict Work Experience to “Work”
- Let the Numbers Do the Talking.
- Keep Your Cover Letter Personal.
How should resume look in 2020?
- Keep It Simple. Unless you’re applying for a design role, a clean, simple layout is best.
- Use a Summary Statement Instead of an Objective.
- Spotlight Key Skills.
- Put Your Latest Experience First.
- Break It Down.
- Consider Adding Volunteer or Other Experience.
- Quantify Your Bullets.