Like any app, or the operating system that your device or computer uses, the Safari browser needs to be updated. Follow these simple steps for updating your Safari Browser on your iPhone, iPad or Mac computer or laptop.
How to Update your Safari Browser on an iPhone
- On your mobile device, Safari automatically updates when you update your iOS.
- You can tell when your iOS needs to be updated, because a red notification will appear on the Settings icon on your iPhone’s home screen.
- Open the Settings app, and tap General, then Software Update.
- You will need to follow a few on screen instructions to complete the update, but once the update has finished, your Safari Browser will also be updated.
How to Update your Safari Browser on an iPad
- When there is an iOS Update available for your iPad, you also have the chance to update your Safari Browser.
- You will know when an update is available, because a round red notification symbol will appear on the Settings icon.
- Tap on the Settings icon, and then select General. From there, tap the Software Update to begin the iOS and Safari update.
- Follow the on screen prompts to complete the update. Once the system update has been completed, your Safari Browser will also be updated.
How to Update your Safari Browser on a Mac
- Depending on whether you have a newer system or an older one, you can either enable Automatic Updates (newer OS) by selecting that option the first time you are prompted to update your system.
- If you have a slightly older OS, you will need to look for Available Updates in the App Store.
- Find these updates in the App Store by looking under the Software Updates in the Apple Menu.
- Once you update your OS, your Safari Browser will also be updated to the newest version.
What is the latest version of Safari?
|Safari on macOS (Laptops and Desktops)||14.1||2021-04-30|
|Safari on iOS (iPhone, iPad and iPod)||14.0||2020-10-12|
Why can’t I update my Safari browser?
How do I upgrade to Safari 11?
What happened to my Safari browser?
How do I update Safari 11 on my iPad?
- Plug your device into power and connect to the Internet with Wi-Fi.
- Go to Settings > General, then tap Software Update.
- Tap Download and Install.
- To update now, tap Install.
- If asked, enter your passcode.
How do I update my browser on my old iPad?
- On your iPhone or iPad, open the App Store.
- At the top right, tap Profile .
- Scroll down to “Available Updates,” and search for Chrome .
- If Chrome is listed, tap Update to install.
- If asked, enter your Apple ID password. The updates will download and install.
Is there an update for Safari on iPad?
How do I reset Safari on iPad?
How do I reset Safari settings?
- Open the iOS device’s Settings app.
- Scroll down and select Safari.
- Under Privacy & Security, select Clear History and Website Data.
- Select Clear History and Data to confirm.
Why is Safari not working on iPad?
How can I reset Safari?
Click on “Safari” located in the menu bar in the top left hand corner of the screen. Click on “Reset Safari” Place a checkmark beside all available options. Press the “Reset” button.
What to do if Safari keeps crashing?
- Restart your iPhone.
- Update to the latest iOS.
- Clear Safari History and Website Data.
- Disable iCloud and Safari syncing.
How do I uninstall and reinstall Safari?
How do I fix Safari not loading Web pages?
How do I fix Safari not loading Web pages on IPAD?
If you still need help, follow these steps: Go to Settings > Safari. Tap Clear History and Website data. Tap Clear History and Data to confirm.