Like any app, or the operating system that your device or computer uses, the Safari browser needs to be updated.
Follow these simple steps for updating your Safari Browser on your iPhone, iPad or Mac computer or laptop.
How to Update your Safari Browser on an iPhone
- On your mobile device, Safari automatically updates when you update your iOS.
- You can tell when your iOS needs to be updated, because a red notification will appear on the Settings icon on your iPhone’s home screen.
- Open the Settings app, and tap General, then Software Update.
- You will need to follow a few on screen instructions to complete the update, but once the update has finished, your Safari Browser will also be updated.
How to Update your Safari Browser on an iPad
- When there is an iOS Update available for your iPad, you also have the chance to update your Safari Browser.
- You will know when an update is available, because a round red notification symbol will appear on the Settings icon.
- Tap on the Settings icon, and then select General. From there, tap the Software Update to begin the iOS and Safari update.
- Follow the on screen prompts to complete the update. Once the system update has been completed, your Safari Browser will also be updated.
How to Update your Safari Browser on a Mac
- Depending on whether you have a newer system or an older one, you can either enable Automatic Updates (newer OS) by selecting that option the first time you are prompted to update your system.
- If you have a slightly older OS, you will need to look for Available Updates in the App Store.
- Find these updates in the App Store by looking under the Software Updates in the Apple Menu.
- Once you update your OS, your Safari Browser will also be updated to the newest version.