Having a regular Spoitfy account still gives you access to tons of great music. But if you want to enjoy extra features and unlimited music, upgrading to a premium account is the way to go. You can upgrade your Spotify account from a computer by following these simple instructions:
How to Upgrade Your Spotify Account
- Whether you have an existing account, or you are creating a new premium account, you will have the option to enroll in a 30 day free trial.
- You will still need to enter your payment information even if you are enrolling in the free trial, as you will be charged to continue premium services once the 30 day period is up.
- Go to your subscription information once you have logged in. It should appear in the “menu” in the top left side of the screen.
- Find the button labeled “Get Premium” and click it.
- This will prompt you to enter your payment information and credit card details. Once you have finished this, click the button that says “start my Spotify premium”.
- You now have upgraded your Spotify account, and you should be able to enjoy your premium Spotify account from any device.
Things to Keep in Mind:
- Spotify recently got rid of the option to upgrade your account within the app.
- You will have to follow the above instructions by logging to the Spotify website.
- You can access the website on a mobile device, but you will need to do so in the device’s web browser and not within the app.
- The directions are the same whether you are accessing the website on a computer or on a smartphone or tablet.
Once you’ve upgraded to premium in a web browser, you will be able to access the premium benefits from the app on any device.
How do I change from Spotify free to premium?
About This Article
- Sign in to Spotify.com.
- Click Profile.
- Click Account.
- Click Subscription.
- Click TRY PREMIUM FREE or GET PREMIUM.
Can I upgrade my Spotify?
You can upgrade to a Premium or Unlimited account by following these steps: Click Log In at the top-right of Spotify’s website. Alternatively, go directly to Spotify Premium to upgrade to either a Premium or Unlimited account. Your subscription choice is highlighted.
Can you upgrade Spotify Premium to family?
You can upgrade to Family with your existing Premium account and keep all your saved music, playlists and recommendations. It’s a playlist of music that everyone in your family loves, available exclusively to Premium Family members.
How much does it cost to upgrade to Spotify Premium?
How Much Does Spotify Premium Cost? A Spotify Premium membership costs $9.99 per month in 2019; student memberships cost $4.99.
What’s the difference between Spotify Premium and free?
Spotify Free lets you listen at normal (96 kilobits per second) or high quality (160 Kbps). Spotify Premium adds Extreme quality streaming at 320 Kbps, which can make for better, more detailed audio output if you use high-end headphones or speakers.
Who offers Spotify Premium for free?
Get your first 3 months of Spotify Premium free when you sign up with PayPal. It’s ad-free music, plus a simple way to manage your subscription payments.
In which country is Spotify cheapest?
Spotify Premium is cheapest in India (about $1.58 a month) and most expensive in Denmark ($18.39/month). The country with the best valued Spotify subscription compared to the national average salary is Qatar. A Spotify subscription in Qatar costs around 0.1% of average monthly income.
How much is a year of Spotify Premium?
Spotify – $99 Annual Card.
How much is Spotify premium a month?
Spotify Premium costs $9.99 per month for ad-free service and access to its music library.
Why is Spotify Premium worth it?
If you use Spotify with any frequency during the month, Spotify Premium is a great investment. For the price of one digital album per month, you get high-quality music, the ability to save music to your phone (which could pay for itself in data charges), and no ads to interrupt.
Which Spotify plan is best?
For between three to six people in the same household (students or not), the Spotify Premium Family account is by far the most cost-effective option. If you’re in a couple, then you should only go for Spotify Duo if you’re not students – as otherwise two individual student accounts still costs marginally less.
Is Spotify free with Amazon Prime?
How does Amazon Prime Music compare to Spotify and Apple Music? Amazon Music Unlimited offers a library of 50 million songs, the same number as Spotify and Apple Music. Aside from their similar Amazon Prime Music and Spotify’s free plan are both free, provided that you’re a Prime member.
Which is better Spotify or Amazon?
Spotify Premium users can stream music at a data rate of up to 320kbps (CD quality). Amazon Music Unlimited is a little more cagey when it comes to streaming quality, claiming to support ‘multiple bitrates’ (we’d chance it’s not dissimilar from Spotify’s 320kbps streams).
Is Spotify really free?
Getting started with listening to music on Spotify is easy: Download and install the free Spotify application. There are versions for desktop and iPhone/iPad and Android phones.
Is Spotify connected to Amazon?
Here’s how to connect Amazon Alexa to Spotify: First, download the Amazon Alexa app from the Google Play or App store, and follow the prompts to set up your new Amazon Echo or Echo Dot. Select “Default Services” to set Spotify as your default music service—et voilà.
Why is Alexa not working with Spotify?
There is no definitive fix for the errors, but a good start to troubleshooting the problem is to reboot the speaker. Then unlink your Spotify account and sign in again. If you’re having trouble streaming Spotify through your Echo, try unlinking the Skill in the Alexa app.
Which is better Apple Music or Spotify?
Apple Music has more tracks, Spotify has podcasts
Spotify says it has a catalog of over 70 million songs while Apple Music is over 75 million. Both offer early access to certain albums from time to time and Apple Music sometimes offers exclusives for certain music videos.