Having a regular Spoitfy account still gives you access to tons of great music.
But if you want to enjoy extra features and unlimited music, upgrading to a premium account is the way to goYou can upgrade your Spotify account from a computer by following these simple instructions:
How to Upgrade Your Spotify Account
- Log on to the Spotify website.
- Whether you have an existing account, or you are creating a new premium account, you will have the option to enroll in a 30 day free trial.
- You will still need to enter your payment information even if you are enrolling in the free trial, as you will be charged to continue premium services once the 30 day period is up.
- Go to your subscription information once you have logged in. It should appear in the “menu” in the top left side of the screen.
- Find the button labeled “Get Premium” and click it.
- This will prompt you to enter your payment information and credit card details. Once you have finished this, click the button that says “start my Spotify premium”.
- You now have upgraded your Spotify account, and you should be able to enjoy your premium Spotify account from any device.
Things to Keep in Mind:
- Spotify recently got rid of the option to upgrade your account within the app.
- You will have to follow the above instructions by logging to the Spotify website.
- You can access the website on a mobile device, but you will need to do so in the device’s web browser and not within the app.
- The directions are the same whether you are accessing the website on a computer or on a smartphone or tablet.
Once you’ve upgraded to premium in a web browser, you will be able to access the premium benefits from the app on any device.