- Set Up Your Apple Wallet On iPhone/iPad and on Mac
- If you’re using iPhone or iPad, locate your wallet app on the home screen and tap to open it. Even though Apple Pay is not available in all countries, it accepts most debit and credit cards with MasterCard, Visa, Discover, or American Express. For convenience, find out first if your back’s credit card is accepted before going ahead to add it.
- At the top-right corner, tap on this symbol ➕ in a circle and then tap on the blue “Continue” button.
- Next, focus your camera on the front face of your Credit or Debit card and for your phone to scan the details and confirm with the bank simultaneously. Alternatively, you can tap on the “Enter Card Details Manually” option and on the lower side of your screen and begin to feed-in your card’s details manually following the on-screen instructions.
- Confirm whether the Card’s issuer supports Apple Pay. If confirmed, you get a prompt to enter some additional details, and your card will get added to Apple Pay ready for use.
- Make changes to your default payment method if you have multiple cards added. You can do that through the following steps:
- Tap and open the “Setting app” from your home screen.
- Then scroll and tap on the “Wallet and Apple Pay.”
- Navigate to the “Transaction Defaults” section and tap on the “Default Card” and then select your default card for Apple Pay. If you want to remove the selected card, you should tap on it, and scroll down the bottom. Then, tap on the “Remove this Card”.
Apart from setting the Apple Pay on iPhone and iPad, you can also set it on your Mac computer using the steps below.
- If your Mac computer has a built-in touch ID, you can add your car by clicking on the Apple icon on the top-left corner of your Mac’s screen.
Even though Apple Pay is not available in all countries, it accepts most debit and credit cards with MasterCard, Visa, Discover, or American Express. For convenience, find out first if your back’s credit card is accepted before going ahead to add it.
- From the menu that appears, click on the “System Preference.” Under this menu, click on the “Wallet & Apple Pay,” you may see some information about apple pay appearing under this window.
- Scroll to the bottom of the window and click on the “Add Card” button. After that, enter the required card details and then click on the “Next” button for the card issuer to verify your information. If you want to add your card associated with iTunes, you’ll get a prompt to enter the security code. You can always find the code in the signature section.
- Add your card by following on the on-screen instruction and the click on the “Next” button when prompted. The issuer requests more information before adding your card, note the details needed, and navigate to “System Preferences,” and the click on “Wallet & Apple Pay” and then add your card again.
- Make changes to your default card settings if necessary (Optional). To make the changes, go to “System Preferences” and click on “Wallet & Apple Pay.” Select on the card from the “Default Card” menu located on the lower part of the screen. Then, delete the debit card by clicking on the – button, and that’s it.
- Use Apple Pay to Make Payments In-Store or other Physical Location
- Look for the Apple logo next to the “Pay” option.
- Make payments on Apple Pay using a passcode or Face ID. This option is applicable if you use your face ID or Passcode to open your iPhone. To make payments, proceed as follows:
- Double-click on the side button on your iPhone and use ace Id or passcode to unlock.
- If you want to use an alternative card, you should tap on your card in use and select an alternative.
- Next, hold the top of your iPhone close to the contactless, and a checkmark accompanied by the word “Done” will appear when your payment processing is complete.
- Make Payments using Touch ID. This option applies to those who unlock the iPhone using fingerprints. Use the procedure below to make payment.
- Touch on the Touch ID and hold the top of your iPhone to the contactless reader. A checkmark will display with the word “Done” This works when you’re using your default debit or credit card. Use the next step to use a different card.
- Without using the contactless reader, hold on the top of your iPhone to the contactless reader until your default card displays.
- Tap on the card and then select a different card from the menu and then use a Touch ID to finish the process.
- Make payments using an Apple watch. Proceed as follows:
- Double-click the button located on the side of your watch face.
- If you would wish to use a different payment method, tap on your default payment method first and then select an alternative card.
- Hold your watch few centimeters close to the contactless reader.
- When you feel a tap on your wrist, tap the digital crown button to authenticate the payment.
- Make Payments Using Apple Pay on App or Web
- Locate the Apple Pay icon next to the item you want to purchase.
In most cases, you will always see a button that says “Buy with Apple Pay” if the app you’re using accepts Apple Pay as one of its means of payments. When you click on that, it will display your Apple Pay default payment method. If you’re using iPhone, iPad, or Mac computer with Touch ID enabled, this method can be pretty straightforward.
- Select an alternative payment card. If you’d wish to select the payment instead of your default card, you can tap on the blue button next to your card. And if you’re using a Mac computer, then click on the two arrows next to your card.
- Check and verify your billing details and edit if something isn’t correct.
- Confirm your payment using the appropriate method for your device.
- For iPhone X or iPad with Face ID enabled, double-click on the side button and verify the passcode or face.
- For iPhone 8 or earlier version and iPad with no Face ID, use Touch ID or passcode that you use to unlock your phone.
- For Mac with Touch Id enabled, touch on the Touch ID bar when prompted.
- How to Send and Receive Money using Apple Pay
- Confirm if you meet the following parameters.
- Be above 18 years old and a resident in the US.
- You should have an iPhone or iPad with 11.2 or later versions, or have an Apple watch running OS4.2 or later version.
- Have your Apple ID set with two-factor authentication for your Apple ID.
- Have an eligible Debit card enable on Apple Pay.
If you meet the above parameters, you can proceed to the next step:
- On your iPhone or iPad, open the “Settings” app from the home screen or a folder.
- Scroll downwards and tap on “Wallet and Apple Pay”.
- Toggle the “Apple Cash” switch towards the right to set it on. You will see a green background light on the button to confirm it is on.
- Under the “Payment Cards” section, tap on the “Apple Cash” option.
- Set up your “Apple Cash” by following the on-screen prompts. When done, you should be able to receive money and also send it. When you receive payment from other sources, it will add up to your account balance, and you can spend it usually.
If you’d wish to transfer your money from the wallet to your bank, tap in the Wallet App on iPhone or iPad and then tap on the “Transfer to Bank” and proceed with the on-screen instruction.
- Send money to contact.
- Send money using contact app– Tap on a contact and then tap on the blue and while-colored doll $ sign and proceed with the onscreen instruction to send the intended amount of money.
- Send money using Message app– Open a dialog with the intended recipient. Then, locate the “Apple Pay” logo on the lower side of the message. If you can’t see it there, tap on the “A” icon for App Store. After that, select the amount to pay and confirm by tapping on the arrow.
- Send money using Siri– with this fantastic option, and you should say the amount and the recipient for Siri to pay. For example, “Send 200 dollars to Daniel.”
- Send money using apple watch-Go to an existing conversation or open a new one and scroll down to the bottom and tap on the blue Apple Pay logo and then select the amount you want to pay in dollars and tap on “Pay.”
- Replying a payment request-if you receive a payment request from someone, respond by tapping on the “Pay “option on the message and then continue as directed by on-screen prompt to proceed with your payment.
- Request money from a contact– you can do this by using either message app or on Apple watch.
If you’d wish to request money from any of your contacts, open dialogue and then scroll down. Then, tap on the Apple logo at the bottom. If you can’t find it there, tap on the “A” icon. After that, enter the amount you want to request, tap on “Request” and finally tap on the arrow-like button to send.
If you’re using an Apple watch, tell Siri the much you want to request and from whom you wish to seek the money. Then, Siri will send the money.