If you have a Mac computer and want to use Google Chrome as your web browser, there are some steps that you will need to follow. Installing and using this browser is very easy. This article will take you through each of the steps required to get it up and running. Chrome has become one of the most used web browsers in the world, and for good reason.
- Download Google Chrome
The first step you need to follow is downloading Google Chrome. You can visit http://www.google.com/chrome. Simply click the “Download Chrome” button in blue. There is also an offline installer that you can download if you want to install it without an internet connection.
- Accept Licensing
There is a box that will appear after you click the Download button that shows you all of the legal and licensing information related to the program. You can read through it if you want. You will have to click Accept and Install to continue with the download.
- Wait for Download to Complete
Next you will need to wait for Chrome to download on your computer. If you are using Safari, you will be able to select the download icon located in the top right corner of the screen to monitor the download.
- Launch the Installer
When the download is complete, you will want to navigate to the Downloads folder in Finder. Look for the file named googlechrome.dmg and open it. When you see the window come up, drag the Chrome icon over to the Application folder icon. The installation process will begin. This should only take 20-30 seconds at the most. After it is done, you will have Google Chrome on your computer.
- Delete Installation Files
Before you begin using Chrome on your Mac computer, you should delete the installer files, as you no longer need them.
- Launch Chrome
Once the installation process is complete, you should see the Google Chrome icon on your desktop. Click the icon to launch the web browser.
- Change Chrome to Default Browser
If you want to use chrome as the default web browser on your computer, you just need to follow a few simple steps.
- Go to the Apple menu and choose “System Preferences”
- Navigate to the General tab
- You will see a menu next to “Default web browser”. Click on it and choose Chrome.
- Sync Chrome with Your Google Account
If you want to sync all of your bookmarks, passwords and other things in Chrome, you can do so very easily.
- First you will need a Google Account. If you don’t already have done, you can sign up for an account quickly and easily.
- Launch Chrome and click Profile at the top right corner of the screen. If you are already signed in, this will be your picture.
- Click “Turn on Sync”. You will have to be signed in to do this.
- Now all of your bookmarks, history, passwords, and other settings will be synced to Chrome on a regular basis.
- Using the Chrome Task Manager can make navigating this web browser a little bit easier. It will show you exactly how much memory and CPU power each tab is currently using. All you have to do is press the Shift and Esc buttons at the same time. You can also just click on the icon with three vertical dots in the top right corner of the screen. Select Tools and then Task Manager.
- There are a lot of useful Chrome commands that you can use with this browser. You can find a list of these commands by simply entering “chrome://chrome-urls” in the omnibox. These commands can come in handy for everyday use in a number of ways.
- If you want to install extensions for your Chrome web browser, you can go to the Google Chrome Webstore to browse through all of your options. These extensions can also make using this browser much easier and more convenient. It is definitely a good idea to at least use an extension for blocking pop up ads. Ad Block Pro is a good extension for doing this.
Should I use Safari or Chrome on Mac?
How do I connect my MacBook to Google Chrome?
How do I add extensions to Chrome on Mac?
- Open the Chrome Web Store.
- Find and select the extension you want.
- Click Add to Chrome.
- Some extensions will let you know if they need certain permissions or data. To approve, click Add extension. Important: Make sure you only approve extensions that you trust.
How do I get Google Chrome off my desktop Mac?
- At the bottom of your computer screen, in your Dock, right-click Chrome.
- Select Quit.
- Open Finder.
- Go to the folder containing the Google Chrome application on your computer.
- Drag Google Chrome to the Trash.
- Optional: Delete your profile information, like bookmarks and history:
How do I install Google Chrome on my computer?
- Download the installation file.
- If prompted, click Run or Save.
- If you chose Save, double-click the download to start installing.
- Start Chrome: Windows 7: A Chrome window opens once everything is done. Windows 8 & 8.1: A welcome dialog appears. Click Next to select your default browser.
How do I put Google Chrome on my desktop?
- Go to your desktop and click on the “Windows” icon in the bottom left corner of your screen.
- Scroll down and find Google Chrome.
- Click on the icon and drag it onto your desktop.
Do I need both Google and Google Chrome?
What are the disadvantages of Google Chrome?
- 2.1. Confusing with Chromium. Chrome is basically an open source browser based on Google’s Chromium project.
- 2.2. Privacy Concerns with Google Tracking.
- 2.3. High Memory and CPU Usage.
- 2.4. Changing Default Browser.
- 2.5. Limited Customization and Options.
Why is Chrome so bad?
Is Google Chrome Safe for Mac?
What is the safest browser for Mac?
- Brave. A relatively new browser with a radical new approach to the Internet, the Brave browser blocks all trackers by default so it moves incredibly fast while you’re browsing.
- Chrome. Chrome has long been known for its speed, although it’s an open question about how fast it actually is.
Does Safari use Google Chrome?
Can I have Safari and Google Chrome on my Mac?
What is better Google or Safari?
How do I use Safari instead of Google?
Ads by Google