Netflix users are welcomed in this guide.
Here, you will learn some important features of NetflixSo, let’s start with using VPN with Netflix.
How to use Netflix with VPN
VPN (virtual point network) is a software that creates a virtual point for your network. All of your internet traffic is sent to this virtual point created by VPN, then it is redirected to you. This helps you to hide your original location, which is identified by your actual server, provided by internet service provider. Your original location changes to location of VPN server.
So, one thing is clear that the purpose of using VPN with Netflix is mainly to change region. Netflix suggest you according to your region, and also Netflix is not supported world wide. In case, you are in a country where it is not supported, or you want to get content based on other region, you will need VPN. Follow the instructions below, to use Netflix with VPN. We will also mention best VPN software for Netflix.
How to use VPN with Netflix
- Download VPN app. Not all the VPN can work with Netflix, but for your convenience, we will mention the VPNs that work with Netflix.
- Connect to the corresponding server against the country, which you want to set as your region. For example, if you want to change your location to USA, connect to USA server in the VPN.
- Open Netflix website and browse the video you want to watch. If the video plays, that means your VPN is working all right. If does not, clearing cache and cookies may work for you.
Best VPN for Netflix
The best VPN for Netflix worldwide. The reasons for being at first place are 24/7 customer support. Money back guarantee within 30 days and more than 3000 servers in up to 94 countries. All the servers are very efficient in respect of speed. You can get it from the link below
It is somehow cheaper choice as compared to Express VPN but provides good quality servers and full-time customer support. Six connections are allowed with one account. Its link is provided below.
PrivateVPN is very fast known VPN in terms of streaming and torrent downloading. In one account, you get six connections. You can get this VPN from the link below.
Note: Keep in mind that Netflix regularly update VPN detection and Blocking. So, keeping all the aspects in view, we have selected Express VPN as best, because it is so good so far. You can try it for free. Don’t worry about advance payment for 30 days. You can cancel subscription before days expiry period and can get refund easily, without any questions asked to you.
How to use Netflix with Chromecast
Chromecast is a USB sized gadget used to view your mobile, PC or laptop screen in TV without any physical connection, that is wire.
Before starting you need to mark following.
- Make sure that your TV has a HDMI port available, which allows the Chromecast to fit easily. Because, some TV manufacturers place the port behind the body and that is not able to use because of wall behind it. But this happens only when you hand you TV with a wall. But if you use your TV stand to place it on a table, HDMI port won’t hide.
- Buy Chromecast device. There are multiple versions of Chromecast device available in the market, as well as online. Try to get the latest version, because it is improved from its predecessors and provides enhanced experience. You can get its latest 3rd generation version from amazon easily. Link is provided below.
Get Chromecast 3rd Generation from Amazon
Once you have qualified to above requirements, follow the instructions below to connect Chromecast device to your TV and stream Netflix on it.
- Plug your Chromecast device in your TV’s HDMI port.
- Download Google home app for your android, iPhone or iPad device. Download link is given below.
Google Home app for iOS
Google Home app for Android
- It is good practice to reset Chromecast before using it. So, to reset it, connect your device to TV and make sure it is powered on. Plugging the power cable of Chromecast is necessary, so you can plug it in USB port of your TV. Otherwise, you can plug it in any usb adapter. Open google home app on your device.
- Tap on devices icon located at top right corner. It will show you all the google devices connected.
- Find you Chromecast from this list and tap on it.
- Tap on settings.
- Then tap on three dots located at top right corner of the window. You will see option saying Factory Reset.
- You will be prompted to confirm your action. Allow it, and you are done with resetting Chromecast. Now, you are good to move forward.
- Some generations of Chromecast device support connection over Bluetooth connection. So, you can connect using Bluetooth, if does not, then Chromecast also creates ad hoc network allowing you to connect using WIFI. Open WIFI and search for your device’s signals. Connect to it.
- Open google app, tap on devices.
- Tap on Set up.
- Select your device.
- Tap Continue.
The steps may change according to the generation of device you have, but basics remains same. You can do it without any trouble.
- It shows a code both on your mobile’s screen and on your TV. This is for verification purposes that the correct device is connected.
- Open Netflix app on your Android or iOS device. Tap on Cast icon to cast your screen on your TV through Chromecast.
Note: You can also reset Chromecast through button. If your device has one and only button, it means you can reset it by long press, approximately for 8 to 10 seconds. The light starts blinking and your device will reset now.
How to use Netflix offline
Using Netflix offline means to save or download the movies, shows or episodes and watch them later from downloaded section. Not all items are available to save offline. So, lets learn, how to use Netflix without internet.
Use Netflix offline on PC and Mac
Netflix is the right choice to watch favorite TV shows and movies. It allows you to watch movies online, but you may face some troubles. You can download movies on your PC and watch them any time.
You might be thinking, what kind of troubles we talked about, while watching Netflix online. Well, all of your internet speed will be captured by the online streaming and you and other members connected to the same Network will face slow connection. Or this situation can be reversed, if multiple people are using same connection, your movie will play in low quality or it will buffer frequently. However, this all depends on the reliability and speed of your internet connection.
Follow the instructions below to download movies from Netflix to PC quiet easily.
- These steps revolve around a screen recording software called OBS. You need to download and install it. Download link is given below. It is a free software to record your Desktop Screen.
- Click on Download on OBS website
- Choose your operating system. Your file will start downloading.
- Double click on the downloaded file and follow the instructions to install it on your device.
- Once you have installed OBS software, launch it.
- Click on settings. You will find this option on bottom right corner of the screen.
- Now, click on Hotkeys tab. It is located at the left side. Its position may change according to the versions of the software. But most likely you will not face any difficulty in navigating to these options.
- Hotkeys option is to set shortcut keys so that these shortcut keys will be used to start/stop recording without opening OBS software.
- Let’s set up Start recording shortcut key. For this click on the field asking for Start Recording Option.
- Press keys or combination of keys from your keyboard to set it up for starting screen recording.
Note: While setting up shortcut keys, make sure to set such keys which are not used to perform any operation in browser.
- Now, you need to specify shortcut keys to stop recording. For this, click on the field asking for stop recording shortcut.
- Press suitable key or combination of keys which you want to specify for stopping screen recording.
Tip: To remember start/stop keys combination easily, try to assign keys in a sequence. For example, to start recording screen you can use CTRL + SHIFT + F11 and to stop recording the screen you can use CTRL + SHIFT + F12. This will help you to learn quickly.
- Click Output tab. In this tab, you have to specify the video output quality. It will also allows you to specify location on your PC to save the recorded video.
- Try to set output format to MP4. Because, it can be played by most of the devices. But, if you need any other format, you can choose it from the available list.
- Click on Apply and then Ok. These are located at the bottom of the software window.
- At the bottom of the sources list, click on +.
- Click on Display Capture.
- Click on Ok.
- Uncheck Capture Cursor box. Doing so will not record cursor in recording.
- Click on Ok.
- If you have any microphone installed, you need to disable it. You can mute it in the mixer section of the OBS software.
Now, close any program that may pop up notifications during video play or plays notification sound. Leave the OBS software opened.
- Open Chrome browser or Firefox. This method will not work for Internet Explorer.
- Open Netflix website.
- Login to your Netflix Account.
- Play the video which you want to save to your PC.
- Pause video at very beginning. And enter full screen mode.
- Now, press shortcut key which you specified for starting the screen recording.
Congratulations! You have successfully set up downloading. Make sure your video plays without any interruption to the end. After your video is completely played, press shortcut key to stop recording. Your file will be saved to the destination you set before.
How to use Netflix offline on Android, iPhone and iPad
- Make sure you are connected to WIFI, you can use Cellular data but be aware of large data used by Netflix streaming.
- It is good practice to update Netflix app before using it. You can do so in Play Store for android, and in App store for iPhone or iPad.
- Once you have downloaded or updated Netflix app, you need to open the app.
- Sign in to your Netflix account. If you don’t have Netflix account, you can signup for free trial account from the link below.
- Click on menu icon. It is three horizontal lines located at the corner of the screen.
- Tap on Available for download. This will open all the items which are available to save offline. If you don’t see anything here, you may be running an older version of Netflix app or your country does not supported by Netflix to save videos and watch them offline.
- Browse the movie which you want to download. And Tap it.
- Tap on download button next to the item you want to download. The download button looks like a downward arrow. Your download will start after tapping it. If you don’t see the download button, that’s means this item is not available to save.
- Once your item is downloaded, you can access it from My Downloads section of the app. To navigate to this section, tap on menu icon, tap on My Downloads. Here you will see all the downloaded stuff. Tap on desired item to watch it offline.
How to use Gift card with Netflix
Netflix gift cards are available on amazon and retail stores. To use them:
- Go to https://www.netflix.com/redeem and enter the gift card code.
- You can also redeem your gift card, in Your Account page which can be opened from drop down menu explored upon clicking on profile icon.
After using gift card, your subscription fees will be reduced according to gift card worth.