Photoshop is a well-known photo-editing software for the Mac Operating system. This software is preferred by many graphics professionals when it comes to image editing. It has a refined user interface which makes it easier for even novice to use this program. With a guide and some practice, you will be able to learn the process to edit photos just like a pro.
Here is a step by step guide to using Photoshop on Mac.
- Open the Software
- Open the Photoshop software and go to the ‘menu’ option.
- Then take your cursor to preference, display, and ultimately cursors.
- You have to set the painting cursor to the ‘Brush Size’. However, the other cursor should be a standard size. By doing this, you will be able to see the actual size of the brush which you will be using.
- Now, click on the option, ‘ok’.
- Know the Tool Palette
You need to get to know the tool palette.
Move the cursor over every tool and this is going to bring up the tool names.
There will also be a letter key for typing. This way you will be able to use the tool.
- Open Photo
- Now, it is time to open the photo that you want to edit.
- Hold down the command key and press ‘o’ key.
- If you are using the Apple keyboard, this key will have the logo of Apple.
- This logo might not be present on keyboards from third-party.
- Choose the image and click on ‘open’.
- Zooming in
- Type ‘z’ for choosing the zooming tool.
- Now, click on the dotted marquee and drag it close to the area that you would like to zoom in.
- You can use it to remove the unwanted highlights from the photo.
- Choose Wand Tool
- Type ‘w’ for choosing the wand tool.
- Choose the area where you would like to change the color.
- Hold down the shift key for selecting over one area.
- Now, take the cursor to select the menu and select the option ‘feather’.
- Type 1 where it is mentioned pixels.
- Choose the Eyedropper Tool
Choose ‘I’ for selecting the eyedropper tool.
Then click on the portion of color that you would want to match.
For filling the area, press ‘delete’ by holding down the option key.
If you want to de-select, type command-d.
- Using the Clone Stamp Tool
- Sometimes, you might clone a certain portion of the image around the new fill for matching it to the original photo.
- Now, type ‘s’ for selecting the Clone Stamp Tool.
- For adjusting the brush size, use the right and left bracket key.
- For clicking on the area which you want to sample, hold the option key.
- Click and then hold on the painted area that you plan to clone.
- Undo Zoom
- For undoing the zoom, you will have to type command-0.
- For selecting the crop tool, you will have to type-c and then bring up all options.
- Type 7 in the height option and 5 in the width option.
- You have to set the drop-down menu of Resolution to an inch or pixels, type 300 in this field.
- Cutting the Photo
Click on the image and the area which you want to keep. In case you have to then click at the center of your dotted lines for moving the box. You will notice that the dark parts will be discarded and the lighter parts will stay. Now, press on the return key and get a good image for printing.
- Adjusting Image Brightness
You might have to adjust the brightness and contrast of the image. In such a case just go to the menu and then adjustment. Here, you will get the option Brightness and Contrast. Adjust it as per your liking. Now, adjust the slider till the image is pleasing to your eye. When you get the right image, click on ‘ok’.
- Save Photo
Click on the “save” option for saving the photo. You can also go to the file and save the photo. Do this if you want to save the image under a different location or different name. When you are done, you will have a professionally edited photo.
Is Photoshop free on Mac?
Can you use Photoshop on Apple Mac?
How do I use Adobe Photoshop on my MacBook Pro?
Can I use Adobe Photoshop on MacBook Air?
Does Photoshop come on MacBook Pro?
What editor comes with Mac?
Is Photoshop the same for Mac and PC?
Is PC or Mac better for photo editing?
Is Windows or Mac better for Photoshop?
Is PC or Mac better?
Should I buy a Mac or PC laptop 2020?
Do Macs last longer than PCs?
Why are Macs so expensive?
Can a Mac last 10 years?
Are any Macs touch screen?
Do Macs break easily?
Why shouldn’t I buy a Mac?
Users who know that they’ll get complacent about the security of their machines can do just as much damage to a Mac as to a PC — and should either avoid a computer that will make them complacent or download some security-guarding software from the get-go.