- Start by opening the iPhone’s phone app located on the Home screen. It features a green background with a white phone icon.
- After launching the app, click on the voicemail icon located on the lower right corner of the iPhone’s screen.
- By tapping the Voicemail starts a call, then you’ll have to properly follow the spoken words from this place to complete the Voicemail set up.
- Then click on Set up Now. This option appears at the center of the page.
- Incase this option doesn’t appear, then your Voicemail is readily set up; also, you can record a greeting through hitting on greeting in the upper left corner of your screen. Mostly, this happens anytime you transfer vital information from an old to a new phone.
- With that, type a password. Remember to add 4 to 6 digits.
- Click on Done, its found on the upper right corner of your iPhone screen.
- Retype your password once more to confirm the voicemail password.
- Again click on done to finish the voicemail change set up. Your device will direct you to the voicemail greeting page.
- Click on Custom when you need to record a greeting. It’s close to the upper part of the page.
- After that, on the option located at the bottom right screen corner, Tap Record, then record your message. Ensure you are making clear and audible voicemail recordings.
- Click on Stop located where the record button was initially located.
- Tap on Save. This button is found on top of the screen. Now your iPhone has a voicemail with a greeting and password attached to it.
- To play the recording, click on Play located on the bottom left of the screen. You can tap the cancel button on the screen’s left corner to cancel your record.
How to Change Voicemail on iPhone Att
- Begin by launching your iPhone’s phone app. It’s found on the Home screen and features a green background.
- Click on Voicemail found on the lower corner of your screen.
- Tapping the voicemail channels you to a page saying “Set up now” then shift to the next method. Also, you can click and hold 1 to call your iPhone’s Voicemail.
- Then key in your password when prompted. But you can do this immediately when the voicemail assistant says, “Please enter your password.”
- You can as well skip this step if no password request prompt. Also, if you have no idea about your password, use the last four digits of your phone number.
- Keep on following the set-up prompts. Don’t get stuck here as your voicemail assistant will explain to you precisely the requirements in each step. The steps include:
- Recording a greeting.
- Setting a password that ranges between 4-15 digits.
- Stating your name.
Changing Voicemail on iPhone Back to Default
- On the “Home” screen menu, tap on the phone then Voicemail to move to the iPhone’s voicemail settings.
- After that, tap on greeting then choose Default if you want to use default greeting in your voice mails. If you’re going to develop a personalized greeting, tap on Custom. From there, click on the record to speak your greeting. Then click on stop to end your recording.
- Having done that, click Play to listen to the greeting.
- Tap “Save” to save the settings.
- On the home screen, tap Settings then select sounds if you want to edit the voicemail alert settings. Click “On” or “Off” to choose if you wish to receive a new voice mail or want to listen to an alert sound.
- Finally, click on “Phone” and “Settings” to either reset or change the voicemail password. Click on “Change Voicemail Password,” then follow the steps that are displayed to change the password.
How do I change my voicemail message on my iPhone?
How do I change my voicemail message?
Record a new greeting
- On your Android device, open the Google Voice app .
- At the top left, tap Menu. Settings.
- In the Voicemail section, tap Voicemail greeting.
- Tap Record a greeting.
- Tap record .
- Record your greeting and then tap stop.
- Choose what you would like to do with the recording:
How do I set up voicemail on iPhone?
Apple iPhone – Set Up Voicemail
- From a Home screen, navigate: Phone app > Voicemail. (lower-right).
- Tap Set Up Now.
- Enter a password then tap Done.
- Re-enter the password then tap Done.
- Tap Custom to record a greeting.
- Tap Record to begin.
- When finished, tap Stop.
- To complete, tap ‘Done’ or ‘Save’.
What is the default iPhone voicemail greeting?
The default iPhone greeting message is just that – a default, generic placeholder to prompt callers to leave a message for you when you can’t come to the phone. Callers have no way of knowing if they have reached the correct person or if they are potentially leaving a personal message on the wrong phone.
How do you slow down voicemail on iPhone?
Go to Settings and tap Accessibility. Tap Spoken Content. Use the slider for Speaking Rate to adjust the speed.
How do I get rid of voicemail on my iPhone?
How to Delete Voicemail on iPhone
- Tap the Phone app to launch it.
- Tap Voicemail in the lower-right corner of the screen.
- Find the voicemail you want to delete.
- Tap Delete (or, on some versions of the iOS, the trash can icon) to remove the voicemail.
How do I disable voicemail?
Android: In Phone app, go to Menu > Settings > Call-forwarding. Disable all call-forwarding functions. Carrier codes: Contact your carrier, or dial 611 if you use AT&T, T-Mobile, or Verizon in the U.S. to request to shut off voicemail.
Why does my iPhone say the mailbox is full?
Why Is My Voicemail Full? Most of the time, your iPhone voicemail is full because the voicemails you deleted on your iPhone are still being stored somewhere else. Most of the time, those voicemails are still being stored with your carrier. Call into your voicemail on your iPhone and play your voicemails.
How do I fix my iPhone voicemail?
Voicemail Not Working On iPhone? Fix
- Restart the Phone app. You may be having this issue because the Phone app may not be working as expected.
- Reset your password. Try resetting your voicemail password.
- Update your iPhone. Make sure that the iOS software on your iPhone is up to date.
- Call voicemail directly.
Why do I not get voicemail on my iPhone?
Make sure that you have the latest version of iOS. Check for a carrier-bundle update: Go to Settings > General > About. If an update is available, a message will ask you to update. To check your cellular network connection, try to call someone.
Why is my voicemail not working?
In many cases, an update to your carrier’s voicemail app or settings can resolve the issue, but don’t forget to call your voicemail number to check if it is set up correctly. Once you’ve set up your voicemail, you’re free to switch off when you need to.
Why has my voicemail stopped working on my iPhone?
Call your iPhone from another phone and try to leave yourself a voicemail. Call the first number and try to leave a message. Go to Settings > General > Reset and tap Reset Network Settings. If you still need help, contact your network provider.
How do I get my voicemail back?
When you get a voicemail, you can check your message from the notification on your phone. Swipe down from the top of the screen. Tap Voicemail .
You can call your voicemail service to check your messages.
- Open the Phone app .
- At the bottom, tap Dialpad .
- Touch and hold 1.
Where is the voicemail on my iPhone?
Your iPhone organizes voicemails automatically, making them a snap to browse and play. To retrieve and listen to voicemail messages, touch the Phone icon on the home screen, then tap the Voicemail symbol at the bottom of the screen. Press the “Play” button next to any message to hear it.