If you want to clean Google Chrome to remove all your browsing history, cookies and cache, there are a few simple steps to follow. This article will give you detailed instructions on how to do this for any computer or device you may be used.
- PC or Mac Computer
If you are using a PC or Mac computer, you will need to follow these instructions to clean Google Chrome completely.
- Open up Google Chrome on your computer.
- Click the three vertical dots at the top right corner of the screen.
- Click More Tools and then Clear Browsing Data.
- Select a time range. You can clear your browsing data for the last hour, month, or All Time.
- Choose the types of information you wish to remove. This includes browser history, cookies, and cache.
- Click Clear Data to finish.
- Android Device
If you want to clean Google Chrome on your Android smartphone or tablet, you must follow these steps.
- Open up the Google Chrome app on your Android device.
- Tap the three vertical lines in the right corner of the screen and go to Settings.
- Under Advanced, tap Privacy and then Clear Browsing Data.
- Select the time range you want to delete your browser data for.
- Choose the information you want to delete.
- Tap Clear Data to finish.
- iPhone or iPad
If you want to clean up Google Chrome on your iPhone or iPad, you must follow these steps.
- Launch the Google Chrome app on your iOS device.
- Tap the three vertical dots icon and go to History.
- Tap Clear Browsing Data, which can be found at the bottom.
- Choose the kind of information you want to remove.
- Tap Clear Browsing Data and Clear Browsing Data button.
- Tap Done at the top right corner of the window.
- If you want to delete individual items, you can do so in the Privacy section of the Google Chrome settings. You can choose to delete a certain page you have visited, specific files, saved passwords, cookies from specific websites, or autofill entries.
If you want to delete browsing data from a single device, simply turn off sync on the device and delete data from the device. Keep in mind that this will data the data everywhere it is synced.