In this age and era of social media, everyone needs to be in at least one social network. Twitter is a great option for your personal or professional use. Here is a guide on how to set up your Twitter account;
How to create a twitter account on your PC
- Visit twitter website in your computer’s browser.
- Tap Sign up option. Once you are on the twitter website, click the blue sign up option which is in the middle of the screen.
- Type your name. Once you are on the Twitter sign up page, you will type your name on the name field. It does not need to be your real name but your pseudo and company name.
- Type in your phone number. Once you scroll down your screen, you will get the phone box and you will type your phone number. If you opt to use your email, you can click the ‘use email instead’ option below this box. Make sure that the email you use will be associated with this twitter account. After this, you will scroll to the top right corner of your screen and tap Next.
- Agree with the terms and conditions of twitter by signing up with twitter.
- Verify your phone number. This step can be skipped if you used your email address to sign up. If you used your phone number, check your message inbox where you will receive a text message bearing the six-digit code which you will enter into your computer for verification. Click Next to move to the next step.
- Create your password. Once you have set a password with at least six characters, you will click Next to move to the next step.
- Select interests. There is a range of topics to choose from. If you are not interested, click Skip at the top right corner of your screen to skip. You might also want to follow some people right now. If you do not want to, you can simply click skip for now
- If you used your email, open your email and join twitter using the link provided.
How to create a twitter account on your phone
- Open the Twitter app on your iPhone or Android phone. Once there, you will see a Get started button in the middle of your screen which you will click.
- Once you click the button, a Name text box will appear. Type the name that you like to use whether it is your name, pseudo name or the name of your organization. Once you click Next you will move to the next step.
- Type your number or email on the box provided. Tap Next so as to move to the next step.
- After reading the terms and conditions provided, you will click on the Sign-up button at the near bottom part of your screen.
- If you used your number to sign up on Twitter, you will check your message for a six-digit code that Twitter will send you and enter it and verify your phone number.
- Set password. You will be needed to set a password for your Twitter account.
- Sync your contacts with Twitter if you want Twitter to access your contacts.
- Select interests from the different topics provided but if you do not want to you can click Skip for now. You can also follow people but if you also don’t want to you can also skip that part.
- Once you are done, a pop-up message will come up asking you to allow Twitter to show your location and allow notifications among other things. You can agree if want to or skip for now and you will have set up your Twitter account.
How do I start a twitter account for the first time?
- Step 1: Set Up Your Profile. Choose your profile name (aka handle).
- Step 2: Follow Some People. This is important for two reasons.
- Step 3: Understand the Twitter Lingo.
- Step 3: Decide What Content to Tweet About.
- Step 4: Join Trending Hashtags.
- Step 5: Maintain Your Channel.
How do I create a new twitter account?
- Step 1: Sign up on Twitter. Enter Twitter.com and click on the sign up option.
- Step 2: Optimize your new Twitter account. Twitter will ask you to add a profile picture, write a bio and follow people.
Is having a twitter account free?
Should I use my real name on twitter?
What are the disadvantages of twitter?
What is the benefit of having a twitter account?
What are pros and cons of twitter?
|messages are short and thus not as labor-intensive
|Twitter can be a time-suck despite the shortness of updates
|you can get the latest news based on importance quickly
|you can also get inundated with depressing bad news
Why we should not use twitter?
Like other social networks, checking Twitter can be addictive. It can become the activity you turn to habitually whenever you‘re not occupied with something else. A Twitter addiction might not be as damaging as a medicine addiction, but it’s a compulsion you don’t need in your life.
Is twitter safe to use?
Why is Twitter so addictive?
Does Twitter have a competitor?
Twitter’s top competitors include Pinterest, WeChat, TikTok, YouTube, Google, WhatsApp, LinkedIn, Snap and Instagram. Twitter is a company that provides a social networking platform.
What is the best Twitter app?
- Albatross for Twitter.
- Fenix 2.
- Friendly For Twitter.
- Owly for Twitter.
Is twitter free to use on your phone?
This will be the official Twitter application. Click on “Install.” The application is also free on Android devices.
Is Twitter a good app?
Is tweetbot better than twitter app?
What is the point of Tweetbot?
Ads by Google