- Locate and launch the mint application on your mobile phone. For this particular purpose, you can login to your account through the phone browser to delete your account and key in the following web address mint.com. Strictly follow the steps we have outlined here for successful deletion of your mint account.
- You cannot download mint account from the mobile app. For that reason you will have to follow these guidelines from your favorite browser. This is because Intuit handles mint account. Therefore, deleting your account will require you to delete intuit account
- Select settings options located on top of the screen on the black bar.
- Select intuit account located on the left side bar.
- Scroll down and select data and privacy. Under this header, locate delete your intuit data and click continue.
- On the new page, you make a request to have your personal data that you have shared with mint deleted. It is important to note that once you delete the data you can’t retrieve it. You can as well delete your intuit data that is not connected to this account.
- Tap on make a delete request option located below the screen. On the next screen, confirm that you are logged in to your account and select
- Tick the products you want to delete and select
- Before hitting the continue button, ensure you include everything you want to delete in your request. This is because the organization processes one request at a time and can take up to 45 days. During this time period it is a challenge to send download or delete request.
- Deleting mint account can hold up your taxes. When you choose to delete your data it can limit or otherwise be a challenge for the company to file your taxes and get the best outcome.
- On the next screen, you will see more information regarding your request. Select I understand what’ll happen after my data is deleted and I want to send this request.
- Under this page, you will review some of the consequences of deleting your mint account. All the data attached to the account will be permanently deleted.
- You will lose access to budgets, categorized spending history, and goal tracking.
- Tap on continue
- Input your mint password and tap on delete this data. This confirms your decision and also helps to keep your account safe. In case you feel the need to reconsider your decision, you can always cancel the deletion request within 72 hours after making the request.
- You will receive an email from intuit confirming your request to delete your account. Intuit will also send another email after successful deletion of your account.
- Done! In the next 2-3 days all your account details will be unavailable.
NB: If you don’t see the settings option, probably is because you have not added any bank accounts or you have already deleted them. To finish the deletion process, scroll down to the bottom of the main page immediately after logging in to your account and tap on YES, delete your mint account link. If you recently deleted the bank accounts you may need to log out your account and login afresh to delete your account to view the YES, delete your mint account link.
The mint account only supports banks in Canada and USA. If you permanently want to leave these two countries the best option is to delete your account.
Tips: No one wants to lose data. For that reason, mint.com gives you an opportunity to download data before your permanently delete your data.
Well before you delete your account, you should try some other options before sending your account to the dustbin. Firstly, you can choose to get fewer emails and notifications by updating your communication settings. Secondly, you can cancel any subscriptions with a product like QuickBooks and QuickBooks payroll that you want to stop. You can do this on product settings. These options are there to help you make an informed decision that you won’t regret going forward. However, these tips should not skew your decision.