Previously, people would use Tumblr to create content freely.
It was one of the best free content search websitesHowever, a few years ago, the company removed these featuresWe think this is the primary reason for many people to delete their accountsThis is the reason they ask “how to delete the Tumblr account?”
There are many other reasons for which people want to delete their accounts. It is easy to delete the Tumblr account. In this article, we will tell you how to do it. There are two options. You can either temporarily or permanently delete your Tumblr account. Read on!
How to Temporarily Delete the Tumblr Account
Various websites allow users to temporarily delete their accounts. Tumblr, on the other hand, does not provide this feature. However, you can still close your account for some time.
Do you know that you can create multiple blogs on Tumblr? Yes, you can. You only have one main blog. This is the one that you created while signing up for Tumblr. All other blogs are your secondary accounts.
This means you can’t close your main blog or account temporarily. In contrast, you can temporarily close your secondary accounts or blog. Let us tell you how to do it!
If you are using a web browser, you can easily navigate to your dashboard.
- Go to the settings. Now, choose the Tumblr account or blog for deletion.
- Once done, you need to click the “Delete Blog” button.
- If you are using the Tumblr mobile app, then first, you need to login to the account.
- Go to the settings from your dashboard.
- Now, select the blog that you want to close temporarily.
Note: On your iOS app, you will swipe left on the account or blog to choose the option of “Delete.” Also, on Android, app, you need to go to settings. Here, you will select the “Delete This Tumblr.”
How to Permanently Delete Tumblr Account
- You can delete the Tumblr account or blog permanently by going to the account, which is located on the header.
- Next, you will choose “settings” from the Tumblr menu. This will lead you to the account settings.
- Now, scroll the down the page and there you will see the “Delete account” button. Click on the button. Tumblr will ask you to enter your email address. This is for the confirmation of your choice. This will permanently delete your Tumblr account.
Note: Remember, you can’t reactivate your Tumblr account once you have deleted it.
- After you have deleted your account, Tumblr will include your ID and blog URL for reuse. This is the reason you can’t retrieve back your deleted account.
It is even easier to delete your account on Android devices.
- Open the app and then tap the “Account” button.
- Next, go to the settings page, and here you will see the “Delete this Tumblr” button.
- Tap on it.
- Tumblr will ask you to enter your password. This is for confirmation purposes.
- After you enter the password, Tumblr will delete your account. Remember, you can’t revert changes that have been made.
Wrapping up, deleting your Tumblr account is not rocket science. Compare to other apps or sites that have more complicated processes, Tumblr has made it easy for people to delete their accounts.
We have given you two methods. Obviously, you can’t delete your main account temporarily. Since Tumblr allows users to create multiple blogs, you can temporarily close them for some time. Lastly, you can either delete the account on a web browser or Android and iOS app. Both are easy ways.