Barely all social media tend to record bits of information that is useful when it comes to finding your favorites. The search information is handy for the convenience and speed of doing things. Unlike other crucial data, you can safely delete search history without causing a problem. If you’d wish to delete search history on Instagram, you’re on the right page. Below are the steps.
Clear Search History on the Instagram app
Whether you’re looking for how to clear search history on Instagram for Android or just want how to clear search history on Instagram for iOS, these steps are essential.
- Launch your Instagram app on your android phone or iPhone. To do that, find the multicolored camera-like icon for Instagram located on your home screen or in the app drawer. After that, tap on it to get it open. This loads your home Feed.
- Next, tap on your profile icon located at the bottom right corner of the screen. It’s a black humanoid icon. Doing so opens your profile menu.
- Head to the upper right corner of the screen and tap on the three-dotted icon.
- With that done, tap on the “Settings” icon located at the bottom of the screen. Doing so prompts the “Settings” menu to open.
- From the Settings menu, tap on the “Security” option. This opens the security menu.
- From the security menu, tap on the “Clear Search History” if you’re using an iPhone or “Search History” if using an Android phone.
- Having done that, tap the “Clear All” and then confirm by tapping on the “Clear All” again to confirm your action. With that done, all your search history will be no more.
After deleting the search history on your mobile phone, you should restart your smartphone to effect the changes.
Clear Search History On Instagram On Your Computer Or Mobile Browser
Looking for how to clear search history on your desktop computer or your mobile browser in desktop version? Well, we’ve made it easy for you in the following steps.
- Launch your favorite computer browser.
- After that, navigate to https://www.instagram.com/. This will load your Instagram home if already signed in to your Instagram account using the browser. If not yet signed in, doing so will land you on the login page. Here is how to log in to your account.
- Fill in your username, email, or phone in the first field.
- Follow it with a correct password in the appropriate field.
- Click on the blue “Login” button to gain access to your account. This will take you to the home page.
Tip: You can click on the option for signing in with your Facebook account and get the process done pretty quickly.
- With that done, click on your profile picture located on the upper right corner. Doing so opens your profile page.
- After that, click on the geared “Settings” icon located on the found on the upper part of the profile page, next to the “Edit Profile” tab.
- Having done that, go ahead and click on the “Privacy and Security” in the pop-up menu that appears. Doing so opens more settings options.
- Scroll down the options and click on the blue “View Account Data” link found below the “Account Data.”
- Scroll down the list of options displayed to locate the “Search history” under the “Account Activity.”
- Click on the blue “View All” link located below the “Search history.” Doing so takes you to the “Search history” screen.
- Click on the blue “Clear Search History” link. This prompts a pop-up confirmation menu to appear with a faint question, “Are you sure?”
- Click on the blue “Yes, I’m sure” to clear all the search history. If not sure whether to clear the search history or not, click on the “Cancel” option located at the bottom of the pop-up. Voila! You’ve just cleared your Instagram search history.
If you opted to use a mobile browser, you would change your phone browser view to the desktop version. After that, you can use the procedure above. Just tapping all through.
Note: Clearing search history on your Instagram account is temporary. As soon as you start searching for things on your Instagram account. Also, you can always clear your search history at any time you’d wish to do so. And that’s much about it.
How do you reset your search feed on Instagram?
From the drop-down menu select “Settings”; Select “Security” and then “Search history”; Click on “Clear search history”. This will delete all of your search history and Instagram explore page will be reset consequently.
How do I clear my Instagram cache?
- Tap ‘Settings’ on your Instagram’s profile.
- Tap ‘Security’
- Tap ‘Clear Search History (for iPhone) or ‘Search History’ (for Android)
- Tap ‘Clear All’.
- That’s it!
How do you delete viewing history on Instagram?
How do you delete top searches on Instagram 2020?
- Start by opening the app on either your iOS device or Android device.
- Tap your Settings profile, and then tap Security.
- Tap Clear Search History for iPhone users or Search History for Android users.
- Tap Clear All to delete your history.
- Tap it again to confirm.
Does Instagram search history clear itself?
Why does my Instagram keep deleting my search history?
Why did my search history disappear on Instagram?
Every few days, the app deletes those 10 account-searches, which doesn’t make a lot of sense because they’re the accounts you want to see most often. Instagram doesn’t treat hashtags the same way; the app stores more recently searched hashtags than usernames.
How do you see hidden activity on Instagram?
Does Instagram have a view history?
How do I see my Instagram link history?
Ads by Google