Repost Instagram Post Using A Screenshot
Taking screenshots of Instagram content that you’d wish to share is one of the most common and effortless ways to repost on Instagram. With the straightforward steps below, it can only take you a few minutes to get it done. Let’s jump to the steps.
- Start by tapping on the Instagram icon on your home screen or app drawer to get it launched. If you cannot find the Instagram app on your phone, you can try using the search function on the home screen to find it. If you’re already signed in, you should get to Instagram Feed by tapping on the app.
- When you get to the Instagram homepage Feed, scroll down the posts to get to the post that you’d wish to repost. Only scroll down if the post you’re looking for doesn’t appear at the top. If the content was posted sometimes earlier and you know the name of the account that posted it, you can search for the account instead. And then tap on the name from the search result to get to the profile.
- When you get to the post, adjust it so that it appears balanced on your screen. This allows you to take a screenshot capturing all the details of the post.
- Take a screenshot. The method that you’ll use to take a screenshot will depend on the type of smartphone that you’re using.
- On Android: Press and hold on the power and volume button at once for a second. If this fails to work on your smartphone, you can swipe down from the top of the screen and tap on the “Screenshot” icon from the options.
- On iPhone & iPad: Press and hold on the single button on the right side of the iPhone and the Home button at once for iPhone 8 and the earlier versions. Or Press and hold on the only button on the right side of the iPhone and the volume-up button simultaneously until a flash appears on the screen.
- Having done that, tap on this + icon located on the lower center of the screen. This opens a new screen for creating a new Instagram post.
- Next, tap on the “Gallery” or “Library” tab located on the lower-left corner of the screen. Depending on the type of smartphone you’re using, you can find one of the two options. By doing so, the stored photos will appear on the screen.
- Select your screenshot by tapping on it. It’s marked with a bit whitish shade. Alternatively, you can tap on the “Gallery” drop-down and select “Screenshots” from the list of options displayed.
- Crop the screenshot. To do that, you can use two fingers to expand it or reduce the size of the screenshot. When impressed with the final look of your screenshot, tap on the “Next” button located on the top-right corner of the screen.
- After that, add filters to your newly crafted image. To do that, tap on the “Filter” button on the bottom-left of the screen. If you’re not interested in using the filter, tap on the “Next” button located on the upper right corner of the screen.
- When done with that, it’s now time to add a caption to your post. To do that, tap in the “Write a caption…” box located on the upper part of the screen. In your caption, remember to mention the creator of the content and mention that you’re reposting their work. This can save you from the imminent copyright infringement law. With that done, you’re just a click away from getting your post online.
- Lastly, tap on the “Share” button on the upper right corner to get the content you’ve created posted to Feed. And that’s it. Even though the process seems lengthy, it’s pretty easy to follow after the first trial.
Note: The above method only works when you’re reposting a photo or still image. If you’d wish to repost a video, you can use the next options discussed in this article.
Repost Instagram Post To Story
- Launch Instagram for Android or iOS. To do so, tap on the Instagram icon on your home screen or app drawer. That loads your Instagram home page Feed if you’re automatically signed in to your account. If not yet, enter your login credentials when prompted.
- After that, scroll down the Feed and tap on the paper plane-like icon on the bottom left of the post you’d wish to repost. Doing so takes you to a new screen with the blue “Add post to your story” below the search bar. Below the “Add post to your story,” you will see a list of people who you can share the post with.
- Tap on the blue “Add post to your story.” Doing so takes you to a new screen where you can edit the post by adding text, drawing, and stickers.
- You can also crop the post by moving your two fingers apart on the photo to enlarge it and pinching to reduce its size.
- Tap on the white “Send to” button located on the bottom right corner. By tapping on that button, you should get to a new screen with a list of the possible recipients. Also, you should note that the first option on the list is “Your Story.” And this is what’s of interest to you at this point.
- Tap on the blue “Share” button on the right side of the “Your story” option having your profile picture. Doing so loads the post to be shared, and the “Share” button turns to “Shared” when done.
- What next? Hit on the blue “Done” button that stretches across the bottom of the screen. By doing that, the post will be reposted to your story.
Note: The method above provides the easiest way of how to repost Instagram posts even if you’re not tagged. The major caveat of this method is that you’ll not be able to repost content posted on private profiles and when the resharing of the post is turned off.
Repost Instagram Post To Facebook—Using Post’s Share URL
- Open the Instagram app on your smartphone by tapping on the multicolored camera icon found on your home screen or app drawer. That takes you to the Instagram Feed if already logged in to the account. Use your logging details on the “Log In” screen to get to your account’s homepage, if not yet.
- Having done that, find the post you’d wish to share to Facebook by browsing through the Feed.
- When you find a post you’d wish to share on your Facebook account, tap on the three-dotted icons on the upper right corner of the post. That opens a pop-up menu.
- From the menu, tap on the “Copy link.” It’s the third on the list from the top. By doing that, the post’s share link will be copied, and then you’ll see the “Link copied” notification appear on the screen.
- Now launch your Facebook app or head to facebook.com. Doing so takes you to your Facebook wall if already logged in. If not yet, type in your login details in the fields provided on the “Log In” page.
- Next, tap and hold on the “What’s on your mind?” text field on the right side of your profile picture. Doing so will prompt a single-menu pop-up (Paste).
- Tap on the “Paste” pop-up. That loads a preview of the post with the link embedded in it. Unlike using Instagram’s post sharing option, reposting on Facebook using a link doesn’t need mentioning the source as the post is already linked to the source.
- Add comments, tags, or captioning to the shared post. Also, you can add emoji and stickers by tapping on the options located at the bottom of the screen. If you wish to change your post from the public to private, you can do so by taping on the left tab below your Facebook name.
- When done working on the post, tap on the “POST” located on the top-right corner of the screen. And you’re done.
Repost Instagram Post on Computer—Using Post’s Embedded Code
Looking for how to repost Instagram posts to your website or blog? If so, then this is one of the best ways to get it done. Below are the steps to get you through.
- Launch you’re your favorite computer web browser and head to instagram.com. Doing so opens Instagram Feed if already logged in and a “Log In” page if not yet logged in. Log in using your details.
- Scroll down the Feed to find a post that you’d like to repost to your website.
- When you get to the post that you’d like to share, click on the three-dotted icon on the upper right corner of the post. Doing so open a pop-up menu.
- From the pop-up menu, click on the “Embed” option. Doing so opens a new screen with a small box with a choice of including the caption or removing by unchecking the little box for “Include caption.”
- Next, click on the blue “Copy Embed Code” button located at the bottom of the small box. This copies the embedded code.
- Navigate to your website or blog on which you’d like to repost the Instagram post and then paste the link where HTML is permitted.
- If your platform allows for a preview, view how the post would look like. If impressed you’re impressed by the post preview, go ahead and publish the post. And that’s it.
How To Repost Instagram Post On Android And iPhone—Using Repost For Instagram
- Download and install the Repost app for Android or iOS. This app integrates well with Instagram and allows you to share content directly from your mobile phone. In addition to that, this app has more of the features available on the native Instagram app.
- Launch the repost app by tapping on the app icon. When the app opens, it will show a few guidelines on how to use it.
- Tap on the blue “Open Instagram” link to sign in to your Instagram account using the Repost app. If you don’t see the link, tap on the camera icon on the top-right corner to get to Instagram.
- After that, browse through the Feed to locate the Instagram post that you’d want to repost.
- Tap on the post you’d wish to repost to open it in full view. Having done that, you can read the comments left by other Instagram users and even click on the heart icon to like the post.
- After that, tap on the three-dotted icon located on the upper left corner of the post. This opens a pop-up menu.
- From the menu, tap on the “Copy link “or “Copy Share URL.” When done copying the link, you’ll get a notification that you’ve copied the link from. If it’s the first time, you’re using the Repot app. Next, Repost will direct you to proceed to repost the content. For subsequent times, you’ll copy the link and opening the Repost app. By doing so, you’ll find a preview of the copied content waiting for you in on the Repost app.
- After that, tap on the “Repost” button. It’s a big blue button located in the right corner below the post. Doing so takes you to a new screen with some texts.
- Tap on the “Open Instagram” option at the bottom right of the screen. This takes you to the content you’ve copied on Instagram.
- With that done, tap on the right-pointing arrow located on the upper part of the screen to edit the photo or video you want to repost on your Instagram Feed or Story. Tap on the “Next” button if through with your edits.
- Add your caption in the white “Write a caption” field. Also, you can add the location or tag people.
- When done, tap on the blue “Share” button located on the top-right corner of the screen. Voila! You have successfully reposted and Instagram post to Feed.