Update Instagram on Android
- Find the google play store app on your mobile’s home screen or in the app drawer. Use the “Search” bar on the home screen to find it.
- After that, tap on the Google Play Store app icon to get it launched.
- With that done, tap on the menu icon resembling this one here ≡. It’s located on the top-left corner inside the search bar. Doing so opens a list of options.
- From the options, tap on the “My apps & games.” All your installed apps are displayed alphabetically under this option.
- From the list of apps, locate the multicolored camera-like Instagram and tap on it. This takes you to the Instagram store page. When the store page opens, you’ll notice two conspicuous tabs below Instagram.
- Next, tap on the blue “Update” tab. By doing that, a new version of Instagram will start downloading to replace the outdated one.
Alternatively, you can enable auto-updates to ensure your apps are always up to date. If you’d wish to turn on auto-updates on your Android phone or tablet, the procedure below is handy.
- Tap on the Google Play Store app icon to proceed to the online app store. If you had already launched it, you are on a safer side.
- Next, tap on the ≡ menu icon located on the top-left corner of the screen. It’s inside the search bar. Doing so expands the menu.
- In the menu displayed, locate the “Settings” option and tap on it to view more options.
- Scroll down a little bit and tap on the “Auto-update apps” option. It’s the third under the settings menu. Under the “Auto-update apps” section, you’ll find the following options.
- Over any network
- Over Wi-Fi only
- Don’t auto-update any app
From this option, you can choose the option that best fits your data plan. However, if you’re using a mobile data plan, it would be better if you can set it to the “Don’t auto-update any app.” Alternatively, you can turn on the “Update” over Wi-Fi only if you have a reliable Wi-Fi connection at your home or work.
- Choose the best option for updating your apps from the three choices displayed. With that done, you’re good to go.
Update Instagram On iPhone Or iPad
- From the home screen of your iPhone or iPad, locate the Apple App Store app and tap to open it.
- At the bottom right corner, tap on the “Updates” icon. It’s a square box with an inward-pointing arrow. If there is any update, this icon will display a red number on top according to the number of updates
- Next, hit on the blue update button beside the Instagram icon. Doing so will prompt Instagram to start downloading the updates. You will see the Instagram app display a wheel icon indicating there is a download in progress.
Note: If you don’t find the Instagram app on the updates page, then your app is up to date.
Update Instagram On Windows 10
Windows 10 has built-in updater that will automatically update the elements of the operating system together with the apps.
Therefore, the app stays updated so long as you always connect your computer to stable internet connections regularly.
Why Should You Update Your Instagram App?
Having an old version of Instagram can cause you some delays and even malfunctions. Moreover, it could lock you out of the new intuitive features developed to improve user experience.
If you always update your applications regularly, you are likely to notice that each time there is an app update, there is an improvement in features.
To wrap it up, always keep checking for updates regularly if you haven’t enabled the automatic update. Sounds awesome? Well, that’s it.
How do I get the latest version of Instagram?
Why is my instagram not updating?
How do I update my Instagram 2021?
How do you update Instagram if it doesn’t update?
- First of all, go to your mobile device’s Settings.
- Scroll down to the “iTunes and App Store” section.
- There will be a section for automatic downloads, tap to toggle the “Updates” option to complete the process.
- Voila! Automatic updates are now available for your device.
What is IG new update?
Why can’t I zoom in on Instagram 2020?
How do I get the old Instagram Update 2020?
Are Instagram likes gone?
Why am I suddenly getting less likes on Instagram 2020?
Why did my likes disappear on Instagram?
Why did my likes go away on Instagram?
Are likes gone on Instagram 2021?
How many likes do you get on Instagram 2020?
How do I hide my likes on Instagram 2020?
Where is advanced setting on Instagram?
Why can’t I see how many likes a post has on Instagram?
How do you see peoples likes on Instagram 2020?
- Click on this person’s profile.
- Select “Following” to see all of the profiles they’re following.
- Click a profile they’re following.
- View that profile post’s likes to see if the person liked any of them.
Can I see what my boyfriend likes on Instagram?
Ads by Google