Forget about the designer clothes that celebrities wear during special occasions. Have you developed interest on their hair design? Well, a good number of celebrities have lace front wig. You can’t resist their beauty when they pose for photos on the red carpet. In this world, you can do everything of you trust yourself.
For example, you don’t have to be a celebrity like Beyoncé to have a lace front wig. Just head to a hair store and buy lace front that fits your budget. There is nothing foreign when it comes to installing lace front wig. It is a perfect way of boosting your confidence in front of masses. After you read through this article, you appreciate how easy and quick the process is.
How to Install a Lace Front Wig with Glue
The beauty of every woman lies in her hair. They say that beauty lies on the eyes of the beholder. However, you must do something to uphold that beauty and fixing lace front wig is all you need. Using adhesives is a popular way method you can apply to fix you lace hair. This section outlines a step by step approach to follow.
- Gather All the Materials You Need
You can’t start of the process without all the necessary tools. Therefore, before anything else gather the following materials;
- Lace front wig
- Hair spray
- Wig cap
- Wig adhesive
These are some of the items that you must have to ensure you do things right. There is something we would like to stress about the lace front wig you choose. You should be extra cautious on the wig density you select.
Wig density is the thickness of the hair on the lace front wig. To be on a safer side, always go for a wig that matches the density of your natural hair. This gives you that beautiful look you that places you on the spotlight among crowds. Here is a wig density chart that you can refer to when making a decision;
- 50% – Extra Light Density
- 80% – Light Density
- 100% – Light To Medium Density
- 130% – Medium Density
- 150% – Medium To Heavy Density
- 180% – Heavy Density
With this information, it becomes easy for you to make a viable decision.
- Test your wig Adhesive
Your skin could be allergic to some kind of adhesives. As result, it is highly recommended that you take a small proportion of the adhesive and test it against your skin. This gives you an idea of whether to proceed with the process.
The suitable place to rub your skin with the adhesive is the back of your hand. If you feel an itching feeling or any other uncomfortable feeling don’t take chances use another adhesive. There are numerous wig adhesive in the market and you can check out customers’ reviews to choose the best. Go ahead and fix your wig if the adhesive is not irritated.
- Prepare your Hair
You should prepare your hair and make it ready before you install and the lace front wig. Fix your natural hair to ensure that your wig sits flawlessly on your head. It gives your wig a good foundation. Your lace wig should have a natural flowing. Flatten your natural against your head.
Braid your hair into low ponytails. Also, you can choose to braid your hair into corn rows. This makes it easy when you fixing the lace front hair. In case you use hair gel to mold your hair remember to wait until the gel dries.
As you prepare your hair, you must not forget the overall hygiene of your natural hair. Prior to installing the lace front wig ensure that your natural hair is dry. Otherwise, installing lace front wig on damp or wet hair may facilitate the growth of fungi and bacterial. If you are the type of people who sweat frequently, it is highly recommended that you wash your hair regularly with shampoo. This ensures you don’t produce odor which may not go well with people around you.
Tip: if you have long hair we recommend that you put it into two French braids. After that wrap it tightly against your head.
- Wear a Wig Cap
You should only consider this step if you have long hair if not you can skip it. A wig cap helps the lace front wig to seat on your head comfortably. The wig cap may slide and give you uncomfortable feeling. That’s why we recommend that you only use it on long hair. Gently put on the wig cap and make sure you don’t disturb the flattened hair. All of your hair should be tucked into this cap.
- Put On The Lace Front Wig
The process of installing the lace front wig on your head is quick and straight forward. It even becomes simpler when you keenly follow this guide. To ensure you get it right when it comes to installing the hair line here are things you should do.
- Test your lace front wig. You want to make sure that you get it right. The first thing you should do before you apply the adhesives is to ensure that the wig fits properly. Let the wig rest in your head and let it align with the hair line. In some cases the wig might have some straps inside the wig that you can adjust to ensure the wig fits perfectly. If that’s not the case you may need to head back to the hair store to get a wig that perfectly fits you.
- Cutting the lace edges. This should happen once you’re completely that the lace front wig perfectly fits on your head. A good number of fast timers always avoid do this procedure because they end up overdoing it.
When this happens they may end up ruining their wig. It is highly recommended that if you are a first timer avoid cutting too much lace. Use fluid scissors instead of the normal scissors. If need be you can us clips to pull the hair away from your face. It is important to note that not all wigs require to be trimmed. Therefore, this step is not a must.
- Remove the wig. Now that you are sure that the wig fits you perfectly you can remove it so that you apply adhesive. Apply the liquid adhesive along the hair line. There are numerous adhesives in the market. For that reason, always look out for the instructional guide to have all the information regarding the liquid adhesive.
Some adhesives may require you to wait for several minutes before you install the wig. But one thing you should know is that there are two types of liquid adhesives; soft bond adhesives that require to wait for some minutes and hard bond adhesives that allows you to install the front wig immediately after applying it.
- Fix the wig. After you have applied glue along the hair line you can now gently pull the wig on your head. Start off by gently fixing the edges of the wig so as they align with the hair line. Ensure you press the wig on the adhesive. You should know it is hard to remove the wig once you have press it on the adhesive. Therefore it is important to ensure that it fits perfectly and it is in good shape.
- Lastly, style your wig. Using a wig brush, you can style you wig to satisfy you the look you want. But as you do that, it is highly recommended that you take note of the type of wigs type. Generally, there are two type of wigs; human and synthetic wig. Human wig allows you to use regular brush while synthetic limits you on the use of regular brush. If you have a synthetic wig, use wide tooth comb to style you wig. After you are done, step out with confidence and let your friend appreciate your prowess in fixing lace front wig.
How to Install a Lace Front Wig without Glue
In some instances the liquid adhesive may not work well with your skin. However, that should not hinder you from installing lace front wig. You can still do it without the need to use any glue. Keep calm and read through this section and get to know how.
- Combs and clips. Look out for wigs that comes with clips or combs. These clips are positioned in strategic locations such as on the top of head, towards the neck’s nape, and above your ears.
- Flatten your hair against your head.
- Put a wig cap.
- Install the lace wig to your head
- Attach the combs to your natural hair to give your wig a snug fit. As you can see you don’t need to use glue to fix the lace front wig. This quite a good method to use when you don’t want to use glue.
What products do I need to install a lace front wig?
- Lace wig cap.
- Freeze spray.
- Hair mousse.
- Silk scarf.
- Foundation brush and concealer.