- Launch your favorite browser and enter the PayPal address https://www.paypal.com.
- Click sign up option on the top right hand corner of your screen.
- You will be prompted to choose whether to sign up for a Personal account or Business account.
- If you want a personal PayPal account click personal account and click continue option just below the business account
- On the new window, you will be required to fill the following information; Country/region, First Name, Last Name, Email address, create your password (your password must include at least 8 characters and least 1 symbol or number), confirm your password.
- After filling all the information, click Next option located below your screen.
- On the new page, you are required to fill more information to help Paypal set your account.
- Under Nationality click the drop down icon ˅ and scroll through to choose your Nationality.
- Under the Identification type, click the drop down icon ˅, choose the identification type that works from the list of options provided (Driver’s license, National ID, passport Number).
- Next to the identification type, enter your ID number. Make sure you enter the right ID number.
- Next enter address line 1, and then address line 2 (optional).
- Just below address line 2, fill in your city/town/village.
- Next to city/town/village enter your state/province/ region.
- Enter your postal code.
- Fill in your date of birth in the following format DD/MM/YYYY.
- Choose the phone type by clicking the drop down icon ˅ and choose either mobile or
- Next is a box to enter your phone number, you will notice your country code is the one that begins. You do not have to repeat the country ust go ahead and fill in your mobile number.
- After you enter your phone number, there is a box for you to tick next to stay logged in for faster check out. This ensures you don’t type your password when accessing paypal services from your device. the decision to tick or not lies on you.
- Below this option you will find another box for you to tick. This confirms that you hav read and agreed to abide by terms and conditions set aside by paypal.
- Click Agree and Create Account option below your screen.
- On the next page, you are required to link your paypal account with your card. However, you can skip this step as you can always click not sure? Add card to use later to skip this process.
- If you click not sure? add card to use later then Your account is ready to use! Shop, send payments, and more with PayPal.
- On the top left side, just below the summary tab, click Link a card option to link your card. This helps you send payments in minutes.
- You will get to options, click link a credit card. You are required to fill the following information to link your card; Card number, card type (visa, MasterCard, American express, Discover), MM/YY, and security code.
- Click link card option just below your screen.
- Also under the link card option is link a bank account option that is below link a credit card.
- Under link a bank account, choose your account type either checking or savings account you are required to fill the following in either account type; Routing Number and account Number.
- Click link bank option below your screen.
- Back to the summary tab located on the top left of your screen. Click confirm your mobile option to confirm your number. You will see the first two digits and the last three digits of your mobile number to confirm that it is yours. Click
- Enter the six digit code sent your phone and click
- To confirm your email address, Click confirm your email option found slightly below the summary tab.
- A new pop up will appear. Click send email. Check your email inbox for the confirmation email.
- Click to activate your account option on your confirmation email address.
- You will be prompted to enter your password and your email will be successfully confirmed.
NB: choose a strong password that you can easily remember. Do not share password details with anyone. Also, use your legal first and second names avoid nicknames to avoid issues with verification
What is needed to open a PayPal account?
Do you need a bank account for PayPal?
Is a PayPal account free?
Can a Nigerian have a PayPal account?
What are the disadvantages of using PayPal?
- You lose your Section 75 rights.
- PayPal charges you to receive money.
- PayPal often freezes a user’s account.
- PayPal may hold on to your money.
Can you get scammed by using PayPal?
Is it safe to link bank account to PayPal?
When someone pays you through PayPal How do you get the money?
Is PayPal safe to use?
Is PayPal safer than debit card?
Paying with your debit card through PayPal is safer than just using your debit card. Merchants (as well as hackers, thieves, and employees) only see your email address—your PayPal username—and some personal information when you use PayPal.
Is PayPal safer than cash App?
Should I use PayPal or credit card?
Is PayPal cheaper than credit card?
How do I pay someone on PayPal without an account?
- Step 1: Click on ‘Pay now’ in the email or invoice you’ve received. Assuming you’ve received the email detailing the payment, simply click on the ‘Pay now’ button.
- Step 2: Enter your credit or debit card details.
- Step 3: Confirm the payment.
What’s the advantage of using PayPal?
Why you should never use PayPal?
Why is PayPal not safe?
What are the pros and cons of using PayPal?
PayPal is easy to use – it’s very a straightforward way to send money to friends and family. Paying with PayPal gives you an extra level of security and fraud prevention. If you pay for a purchase using PayPal that ends up being fraudulent, PayPal can help get your money back.