How to Open Rar Files on Mac Using Unachiver App
- Begin by downloading the unarchiver app for Mac using the following steps:
- On Mac’s application store, click on the search bar found on the top-right side of the app’s store.
- On the search bar, type unarchiver then click ⏎ Return.
- Hit the Get below the “Unarchiver” title.
- Install the app beneath the “Unarchiver” then add your Apple pin when prompted.
- After installing the app, open the Launchpad by clicking its icon that looks like a rocket ship, and it’s located on the dock on the lower side of Mac’s screen.
- Hit the downloaded app that launches the Unarchive When asked, you can select if you want to save all your unarchived files on a single folder every time or whether you need to be asked.
- Having done that, on top of the window, click on the Archive Formats tab.
- Then look for the “RAR Archive”. Doing this triggers the Unarchiver program to open all RAR files in the coming days.
- Move to the location of the RAR file that you want to be opened then hit on the RAR file.
Note: If you aim to remove a multi-part RAR file, then begin with “part001.rar”. Make sure that all sections must be located on one folder.
- On the upper side of Mac’s screen, click File, and a drop-down menu appears.
- Sometimes you can double-click the RAR file then open it on the Unarchiver, although this may not apply in cases when you have numerous apps that can open all your Mac RAR files.
- On the file drop-down menu, select Open with then a pop-out appears.
- Again on the pop-out menu, click The Unarchiver. This opens the RAR file in the unarchiver that results in the extraction of RAR files in RAR’s folder.
- In case the RAR file is protected with a password, you’ll be asked to add a password before the file extraction begins.
- Finally, open all the files that have been extracted. Unarchiver extracts files from RAR, and you can easily trace the folder.
Opening RAR files on a Mac using Stuffit Expander
- Go to http://my.smithmicro.com/stuffit-expander-mac.html and open the Stuffit Expander website. It’s a free app that helps a range of archive files that includes RAR.
- After visiting the site, download the software using the following steps.
- On the “Email*” field, add your official email address.
- Hit on the FREE download then click download.
- Install the app by double-clicking the downloaded DMG. Sometimes when installing the software, you might be asked to verify it.
- Double –click the app’s icon to open it. When prompted, you can click
- After that, shift to Applications Folder to complete the app installation as well as opening it. From there, you should use the app to access your RAR files.
- On the menu item on top of the screen, click Stuffit Expander. Immediately a drop-down menu appears.
- Select Preferences. You’ll get this on the software’s drop-down menu.
- Hit the Advanced tab located on the upper side of the Preference window, then scroll down to RAR and click it.
- Click on Assign to Stuffit Expander, and the software will open all RAR files.
- Click a red button on top of the window to close it.
- Afterward, double-click one RAR file to make the software start extracting files on RAR.
- In case the RAR file is protected, you can be asked to add a password before files extraction.
What application can open .rar files on Mac?
How do you open a RAR file?
- Install the free RAR for Android app.
- Open the app and navigate to the folder that has your rar file. To find your SD card, tap the “three books” icon on the top-left.
- Once you’ve found the rar file, simply tap on it to open it.
How do I change a RAR file to a ZIP file on a Mac?
How do I combine RAR files on a Mac?
Is WinRAR available for Mac?
Is WinRAR for free?
Can I get WinRAR for free?
Is WinRAR Safe 2020?
How much is a WinRAR license?
How do I open a RAR file without WinRAR?
Double-click the RAR file to view its contents without extracting them. Otherwise, click the RAR file, select Extract in the top menu and fill in the options for the destination extraction location and any archive password. Then click OK to extract the files to the chosen folder.
What is the best app to open RAR files?
- B1 Archiver.
- MiXplorer Silver.