Facebook Messenger can be a great way to connect with friends and family. It is a convenient means of carrying on conversations via your computer or mobile device. In this article you will learn about some of the different ways to set up this messenger service.
- Messenger for iOS Devices
If you have an iOS device that you want to use Facebook Messenger on, there are a few simple steps to setting it up.
- First open up the Apple Store on your iOS phone or tablet.
- Select the Search button, which is located at the bottom of the screen.
- Enter “Messenger” into the empty search bar. You will see the official Messenger app by Facebook Inc. Select the “Get” button. This will take you to the next page.
- Tap the “Install” open. The app will begin downloading. This could take a few minutes.
- After the app has installed on your device, select the “Open” option to open up Facebook Messenger.
- When the app launches, you will have to sign in with your Facebook credentials.
- Messenger for Android
If you want to install Facebook Messenger on an Android device, you will need to follow a few simple steps.
- Start by launching the Google Play Store on your smartphone or tablet.
- Enter “Messenger” into the empty search bar.
- Select “Messenger” by Facebook Inc.
- Tap the “Install” button. Your device may request permission to access contacts and other things through your device. Just select the “Accept” option.
- After the app has downloaded on your device, tap “Open”.
- You will need to log into the app with your Facebook username or email and password.
- Messenger on PC or Windows Phone
It is also possible to get Facebook Messenger for your PC. This is a good option for those who spend a lot of time at home on their computer.
- Go into the Windows Store on your device.
- Enter “Messenger” into the empty search field.
- Select the Messenger app by Facebook Inc.
- Tap the “Get the app” option.
- After the app has downloaded, you will need to go to the Start menu and click the Facebook Messenger app.
- Log in with your Facebook credentials. If you do not have a Facebook account, you can choose the “Not on Face?” option.
- You will most likely be asked if you want to import all of your phone contacts into Messenger. You can choose to deny this request if you want.
If you want to use Facebook Messenger on your computer, the easiest way to do so is to simply sign into Facebook in your web browser. On the right side of the screen you will see a list of all your contacts that are online. Simply click the name of the person you want to start a conversation with. You will have a number of options in Messenger, such as sending emojis, files and other even video chat.