You can find aloe warm mainly in areas that are warm enough.
Coming from the genus Aloe, it is an evergreen perennial that traces back its origins to the Arabian peninsula in ancient Egypt, although it is now grown in different parts of the world including Southern Europe, North Africa and the Canary IslandsThe aloe vera plant doesn’t have any stems but it can grow up to 100 centimeters and it is characterized by its green, thick and often fleshy leaves.
It is a semi-tropical plant that people use at large because of its healing properties. Often, it is referred to as the first-aid plant. Many people across the world grow aloe vera indoors.
Aloe vera has a lot of benefits and uses. For one, aloe vera gel is effective in relieving sunburn and healing wounds. A 2010 review also revealed that consuming 1-3 ounces of aloe vera gel could help reduce the severity of gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD). Aloe vera juice has also been proven to help lower blood sugar levels in people with type 2 diabetes.
Aloe vera can even help fruits and vegetables stay fresh longer, according to a study. Of course, it is a popular ingredient in skincare products because it helps the skin stay healthy and hydrated.
You can grow aloe vera from an existing plant leaf. This is an easy method and you will surely be successful. Get a healthy aloe vera plant and you will be able to get many aloe vera plants from this. Now it is time to prepare the plant. Here are the easy steps to grow aloe vera plants indoors.
- Soil Prep
Many people will consider using outdoor soil for this purpose. However, it is better not to use it. It might be difficult to have control over the variables which helps with the germination and development of the plant. The soil texture and quality will differ from one yard to another. Hence, using this kind of soil might be a problem. You will be able to easily be able to control the variables when using potting soil. It is a stable and reliable medium. Potting soil can be mixed with fungi and microbes for feeding the root system of the plant.
- Fill the Plant Pot
Usually, you can use a pot of 6 inches in diameter for your aloe vera planting process, and check if the pots have proper drainage holes at the bottom. This will drain out the excess water in the pot. Ceramic, terracotta, and plastic pots are the best. Place some large stones at the bottom, just over the hole. It will keep in the soil draining out the excessive water.
- Plant the Aloe Vera
- Take one leaf from the aloe vera plant you have secured earlier.
- Tear it from the plant till the center.
- Now, place it over the soil mix that you have made.
- Place the leaf at the pot’s center and lie it down in the prone of the soil.
- Use your finger to push the soil a bit. However, do not submerge the plant completely.
- Around half of the leaf should be exposed to light. If the pot doesn’t proper sunlight, the plant is not going to grow.
- Keep in light for 10-12 hours in a day. Take a tray and put it at the bottom of the pot. This will help in holding the excess of water that is drained out by the holes in the pot.
Planting aloe vera is easy but it needs a lot of light.
- Place it under direct sunlight.
- In case that is not possible, put it under a glowing light. In case you want to put it under direct sunlight and place it on a window stand, make sure that it is facing east or west. This will maximize the exposure time. However, excessive light might not be good for the plant as it might cause the plant to develop brown spots.
- Keep a regular check on the plant because the amount the light might vary differs from one plant to another. Albeit, it responds to excess light, every plant responds in its own manner.
- Direct sunlight might not always be available in winter or cloudy days. In such times, use artificial lights.
- You can also use LED lights. Orange, yellow, red, blue, white, and green lights. It can be really good for the development of the plant. The products of LED light can promote photosynthesis in the plant throughout the growth process of the plant.
Water your aloe vera plant which you have planted in the soil.
Make sure that you water it properly but the excess water should be drained out. When you finish the initial stages of watering, the quantity of water for watering will largely depend on the conditions. This differs from one grower to another such as the soil mixture and the temperature. It has been noted that this plant tends to grow well in a soil which drains out properly. As mentioned previously, the soil and plant are going to require intermittent watering when you find the soil dry. To check this, place your finger in the soil and press about a quarter inch. In case the depth is dry, water it.
Aloe vera is good for your skin and hair. This is the reason it is included in several personal care regimen. It is a cooling and soothing effect. Thus, you can use it for the treatment of severe burns, dry skin, minor cuts, and wounds. Another great benefit of this plant is that it plays a significant role in your weight loss program. If you suffering from dental plaque. To reduce the buildup of plaque, use aloe vera for rinsing your mouth after brushing or at night.