There are many skin care and beauty products that include aloe vera as its component. The green color pulp that is extracted from the plant is being used as a beauty remedy for more than 200 years.
The gel of this plant has 99% water content. However, it is the remaining one percent that makes the difference. It has all important vitamins like A, B12, C, and E.
The plant also has folic acid which will work against the free radicals in your body as an anti-oxidant. Bradykinesia can be found in aloe vera plants that cause a reduction in inflammation.
Here are the ways to prepare aloe vera gel.
Use a Blender
- One of the best ways to prepare a good quantity of fresh and pure aloe vera gel is to just scrape off the pulp from the leaf that you cut. Thereafter, you will have to blend it in your blender for making a smooth paste.
- You will need a high-speed blender for this purpose. For this, you will need aloe vera leaves, spoon, sharp knife, high-speed blender, chopping board.
- Rinse the aloe leaf thoroughly. Now, take the chopping board and the knife to cut off the leaf’s serrated edges. In case the leaf that you have taken us too long, cut it in 8 inches for handling it easily.
- Peel off the leaf’s skin by making a long incision just the middle section. Place the knife under the rind.
- Gently slide it along the leaf for taking off the skin. Make sure that you peel from close to the skin as you will be able to get an optimum amount of gel. Do the same with the other half of the skin.
- Use a spoon for scooping the pulp out of the leaf. Make sure that you do not scrap the yellow gel. This is because it has toxins.
- Take a blender jar and place the gel. Blend it on high speed for 30 seconds take out the gel and store it in an airtight container. You will have fresh aloe vera gel ready to be used.
In case you would like to have the thick gel of the aloe vera then avoid blending it. All you will have to do is scrape out the pulp and use it. This is the simplest way of making your own fresh and pure aloe gel. You will need an aloe vera leaf, chopping board, and a knife.
- Clean the aloe leaf using water and then chop the serrated edges using a sharp knife. Use the knife for the leaf’s upper skin.
- Put the leaf in a bowl and stroke multiple times and scoop out the gel. The stroking process is going to break the pulp and will enable the gel to come out easily. Keep extracting until you have taken out all the gel.
- Pour the aloe vera gel in an airtight container. Keep it in the refrigerator until you use it.
In case you want to store the gel for a longer period of time, you will have to add preservatives to it. For every ¼ cup of gel, you will have to add 500 mg of Vitamin C powder. Put this in a blender and blend it well. This is going to last for months at large.
Hence, whenever you have to apply it on your skin, take it out of your refrigerator and use it with other natural ingredients or apply it directly. The best way to get the most out of it is to use a mask. In case you have to create a toner using your aloe vera gel, you can take 2/3 cup of distilled water and add it with 1/3 cups o aloe vera gel.
Pour it in an airtight container and refrigerate. Take it out and apply it as toner whenever you want. However, make sure that you shake the bottle before using.
Why Aloe Vera is so Popular?
The long list of minerals that it contains is important for the functioning of the body. The fatty acid that it contains has analgesic and antiseptic properties. You can also use it for the treatment of burnt areas.
Aloe vera is primarily used for its beauty benefits. The fibroblast cell which it contains can produce elastin fibers and collagen. It will make the skin less wrinkled and increase its elasticity.
Zinc can serve as stringent for tightening the pores in the skin. The amino acids present in it can make the skin cells hard enough. People having too much acne are always advised to use aloe gel. This is because it helps you to have clear and smooth skin.
Due to its many natural and health benefits, the gel has become really popular and needs to be a significant part your beauty and health regimes. You can get aloe vera gel in the market but there is nothing better than the one that is made at home. It is very easy to make. However, prior to proceeding with the gel extractions process, there are some key points to keep in mind.
- Taking out the gel from the outer leaves which grow towards the bottom and are healthy. If the plant is too immature then it will not have leaves close to the soil.
- Cut a leaf at an angle for removing it from the base of the plant.
- Place the leaf that you have cut in an upright position in a glass. This is done for draining the resin sap from it. The resin has latex which causes irritation on your skin.
- Make sure that you wash your hand when you extract the gel from the plant. This is because any kind of impurities might spoil the gel.
It is generally considered to be safe to apply aloe to any skin type. However, you should never apply this gel to an open wound. Aloe gel exfoliates your skin and will keep younger looking for a longer period of time.
Can you put aloe vera straight from the plant on your face?
How do you cut an aloe vera plant without killing it?
- Avoid Using a Blunt Blade. Always use a clean and sharp serrated blade for cutting your aloe plant. Rub alcohol on the blade as it will reduce the chance of disease and fungal infections.
- Trim it When Required. You don’t have to prune the plant frequently.
How do you cut aloe vera on your face?
How do you cut aloe vera skin?
How long should I keep aloe vera on my face?
What happens if we apply aloe vera on face overnight?
When applied overnight, the Aloe Vera gel can help exfoliate deceased skin cells from your face. It also helps boost the regeneration process. In the long run, this should give you a healthy and younger-looking face.
Can I use aloe vera on my face everyday?
Is it OK to use aloe vera on your face everyday?
Does aloe vera whiten skin?
What can I mix with aloe vera for glowing skin?
Can aloe vera remove scars?
Does aloe vera lighten skin permanently?
Does aloe vera make your face glow?
What are the side effects of aloe vera?
- blood sugar (hypoglycemia)
- Burning and itching of the skin (infrequent)
- Stomach pain and cramps (high doses)
- Diarrhea, kidney problems, blood in the urine, low potassium, muscle weakness, weight loss, and heart disturbances (long-term use at high doses)
- Liver problems (rare)
What is benefit of aloe vera?
Can aloe cause hair loss?
Can I eat raw aloe vera?
While most people apply the gel to their skin, it’s also safe to eat when prepared right. Aloe vera gel has a clean, refreshing taste and can be added to a variety of recipes, including smoothies and salsas.