Access iCloud Photos on Mac
Before you can view the photos, ensure that you have the feature enabled. If you can’t remember setting up your photos, then it might be the reason for not accessing your photos. Below are the steps to help you resolve the problem.
In the top-left corner of your mac’s screen, click on Apple’s icon.
Next, from the list of menu that appears, click on the System Preference menu.
After that, click on the “iCloud” from the main System Preference menu.
Find out whether the “Photos” has the checkmark beside it. If not, ensure you check the box next to it.
Sign in to your iCloud account when asked to do so. Also, you may be asked to verify your account settings. If so, verify your iCloud settings.
Having done that, locate the “Option” button next to the “Photos” on the right side. By doing that, you should get to the screen from where you can enable your iCloud Photos Library, iCloud Photo Sharing, and My Photo Stream. When done with that, you can now view your photos.
Note: Your iCloud Photo Library must be marked for your photos to display.
After enabling your iCloud Photos, you can now access your photos by following the steps below.
- Locate the “Photos” app on your mac’s screen.
- Ten, click to open the “Photos” application. Alternatively, you can access your iCloud photos by clicking on the “My Photo Stream.” However, this works well with the recent photos.
- Finally, tap on the “Photos” tab, and your photos will all be available for use.
Access iCloud Photos on PC
Using iCloud photos app
- Download the iCloud installer for windows. Since windows do not come with a pre-installed iCloud app, you should download it from Apple’s web. When you install iCloud for Windows, your computer will sync your iCloud photos using a particular folder. After that, you should be able to access your pictures as it would be to other files on your computer. To download the installer, you can head to https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204283. If you want to find the file downloaded, go to your default “Downloads” folder.
- After that, run the installer package that you have just downloaded to get the program installed. When you’re through reading and accepted the license, your application will start installing. Wait for a while for the windows to finish installing the program.
- When through with the installation process, double click on your program icon to launch it.
- Sign in with your Apple ID when prompted.
Tip: You can launch your iCloud program by pressing on the ⊞ Win and type “iCloud.”
- Check your “Photos” box to prompt to allow windows to sync the iCloud Photo Library with your windows computer. When done with that, you should be able to access them easily through the windows explorer.
Tip: When checking the boxes for the photos, you can also check other additional folders that you’d wish to open using the windows explorer.
- When through with enabling your folders to be opened by the windows explorer, click on the “Apply” button to get your changes effected. By doing that, your windows computer creates the “iCloud photo library” and begins to download your entire iCloud Photo Library.
- Next, find your iCloud Photo folder by pressing on ⊞ Win + E.
- Add your photos to the iCloud Photo Library. Now, after finishing the previous step, any photo that you add to that folder will get uploaded to your iCloud promptly.
Note: If you delete the iCloud Photos Folder, the photos will get removed from all other devices sharing your Apple ID.
To view your iCloud photos, use windows explorer to locate the folder using the following simple steps.
Go to your “file explorer” window.
After that, locate the “iCloud Folder” under the sidebar.
Click to open the folder.
Next, open the “Downloads” folder.
You can then move your photos to another PC folder or view them by years.
Note: If you don’t find your iCloud photos under the “Favorites,” then you should reinstall the program to fix the problem.
If you’d wish to enable quick access to the iCloud Photo Library on your PC, follow the steps below.
- Open the start menu on your PC.
- After that, find the iCloud folder.
- When at it, right-click on the iCloud photos and then click on the “Pin to quick access.” Alternatively, you can choose the “Pin to start” menu. By doing that, you should now be able to access your iCloud photos at a blazing speed.
Access iCloud Photos on iPhone
- Locate the “Photos” app on your iPhone and tap to open it.
- After that, tap on the “Photos” tab to view your photos.
- Next, you can tap on the “Albums” to view “My Albums,” “Shared Albums,” and much more.
If you’d like to view the recently deleted photos, follow the procedure below.
- Open your iPhone “Photos” app.
- Then, tap the “Albums” tab.
- Next, scroll down to locate the “Others Albums” tab.
- Finally, tap on the “Recently Deleted.”
How to Access iCloud Photos Online
Launch your web browser.
Navigate to https://www.icloud.com and sign in with your Apple ID. If the signing in the process goes successfully, you will get to your iCloud.
From the iCloud, click on the “Photos” to access your iCloud photos.
Browse your photos. You can view your pictures from the “iCloud Photo Library.” This section contains all the photos synced from all your Apple devices using the same Apple ID. You can click on each picture to view the image in its actual size in full-screen mode. To see the previous or next picture, use ‘<‘ and ‘>” symbol buttons to view your photos seamlessly. If you wish, you can also download your favorite images.
Delete iCloud Photos. To delete iCloud photos, simply click to open the picture and then click on the trash bin button, and you should be done. However, you should have it in mind that deleting your iCloud photos deletes the photos in all other devices synced with the same Apple ID.
If you’d want to select multiple photos, you can click the “Select Photos” option located on the upper right corner of the Album that you’re viewing.
Click on the “Download” option to download a single photo from your album or multiple selected images. After downloading your photos, you can find in the “Downloads” folder by default. And that’s all about the process of accessing your iCloud images online.
Note: You can only access the photos that were deleted less than 30 days ago since the iCloud always keep the deleted items in this folder for only 30 days. Past the 30 days, you will no longer have access to your deleted iCloud photos. Therefore, always retrieve accidentally deleted pictures before 30 days are over.
Access iCloud Photos on Android
Unlike on iOS devices and Windows PC, accessing iCloud photos from Android devices is trickier. Why so? First, there is no iCloud app for Android. Secondly, online iCloud is not accessible from any Android web browser. But, we have some tricks to help you access iCloud photos from Android. Below are the steps:
- Launch a browser on your Android phone or tablet. Google Chrome is our preferred browser.
- Next, tap on the three dots on the upper right corner of your screen.
- Having done that, scroll down towards the bottom menu and click on the box next to the “Desktop site” to change your browser from mobile view to desktop view.
Note: Most of the website has this feature but only differ on the naming. For instance, if you’re using the Firefox browser, you will find it written as the “Request desktop site.”
- Once you’ve enabled the desktop view site, you’re good to go. Now, moving swiftly, go to https://www.icloud.com. You will notice that this time, you will see that your iCloud loads successfully.
- Enter your Apple ID to move on to your iCloud photos.
- After a successful login, tap on the iCloud photos, and you should be able to view a collection of your photos.
- If you’d wish to, you can also download the photos from the iCloud to your Android phone.
Note: Even though you’re able to view and download your iCloud photos from your Android device, you’re not able to have a full-screen view of the pictures. However, you can try to change your view to “Landscape view” mode to ensure the images are as large as possible on your Android device.
How do I access old photos on iCloud?
On your Mac:
- Go to Photos > Preferences.
- Click the iCloud tab.
- Select iCloud Photos.
How do I retrieve photos from iCloud to my iPhone?
- On your iPhone, go to Settings. Tap on your name -> iCloud.
- Select Photos, then toggle off iCloud Photos (or iCloud Photo Library for older iOS versions).
- Now, all you have to do is wait until your iCloud photos are downloaded to the iPhone.
Why are my iCloud photos not showing on my iPhone?
Why can’t I access my photos on my iPhone?
How do I access my Photo Stream?
Go to Settings > [your name] > iCloud > Photos, then turn on Upload to My Photo Stream. If you recently created your Apple ID, My Photo Stream might not be available. If My Photo Stream isn’t available, use iCloud Photos to keep your photos and videos in iCloud.
How do I download my photos from iCloud?
- Go into your device’s Settings app.
- Tap your name at the top of the Settings menu. Tap your name at the top of the Settings menu on your device.
- Select “iCloud.” Tap “iCloud” on your Apple ID page.
- Tap “Photos.”
- Select “Download and Keep Originals.”
Why are my iPhone photos not showing up in iPhoto?
How do I find my photo library?
Where are all my photos on my iPhone?
Why are my photos not showing up in my gallery?
How do I recover photos from gallery?
- On your Android phone or tablet, open the Google Photos app .
- At the bottom, tap Library Trash .
- Touch and hold the photo or video you want to restore.
- At the bottom, tap Restore. The photo or video will be back: In your phone’s gallery app. In your Google Photos library. In any albums it was in.
How do I move photos to gallery?
Here are the steps:
- Download the Google Photos App on your phone.
- Login to your account containing the pictures.
- Click on More in the picture.
- You’ll see an option saying “Save to Camera Roll”
Where did my gallery photos go?
How do I find my old Picasa photos?
How do I find my Picasa photos?
- Select the photos you want to upload.
- Click the Green “Upload to Google Photos” button, log in to your Google account if necessary.
- Select an existing Album, or click the New button and enter a new album name.
- Choose a size: Original or Best for Sharing.
- Click Upload.
Are my Picasa photos stored online?
Ads by Google