When we open a new business, the first thing we need to establish it in reach of people and adding your business to Google Maps will help you with it.
This is a free service and it will surely help your business or organization to get listed on the Google platform.
Establish a Google Account
Google account is a necessary step you need to adopt before adding your business to Google Maps. Adding and managing your business data on Google Maps needs an account to contain all the data.
- It is required to make a Google account first.
- As you input the URL “account.google.com” in the preferred browser, it will open its website.
- You will previously use accounts in the list displaying over your screen.
- As you want to make a new Google account, you should go for use another account then go to ‘Create a New Account’ link – https://accounts.google.com/servicelogin.
- You should fill all the required details in the website to make a new Google account with your details.
Join Your Business
You will have to sign in with your Google account in the Google my business page. You should enter regarding details of your business-like address and name.
- You opt to check first that if such an organization already exists on Google Maps and keep that in mind that there might be some organization with the same name.
- You should register your business to the Google listed business and make sure that there are several categories to select from after you can add contact data.
- This is an important step that is data verification. You need to accept all the Google’s terms and conditions. That will show that you are the legal owner.
- There will be some verification call or mail to confirm the data you provided.
- You can go through Google+ as well, an online social media platform to advertise your business throughout the social media.
Listing Your Business on Google Maps
As we all know, the publication of any local business is challenging and thus listing your business on Google Maps helps a lot.
- You need to put your city first on the map program to build a strong local presence.
- You need to understand your business category and choose accordingly. As there are 2 categories: “Storefronts” and “Service Area Business”.
- You need to choose your category and enter all the details of your business and select your business name if it drops down from the menu.
- If you do not see your business click on ‘No’, these are not my businesses or I have correctly entered the business.
- In that case, there will be few additional details that you have to add like a correct and complete street address, phone no. and then you need to submit the information.
Information of your business that you have entered needs to be verified and there are a couple of methods you can choose to ‘Verify Your Account’.
- Verification methods depend on your convenience. Whatever you want to choose you can choose.
- You can use postcards to verify your information. In that case, you have to add some additional details to fetch your postcard.
- Verification by postcard might take 1 to 2 weeks. In case you have lost your postcard you can call for another one.
- Your postcard will have your verification code which you have to enter into your ‘Google My Business’ account dashboard.
Verification by Phone
This is a fast process to verify your business account as you need to verify your Google Business account using your phone only.
- As you enter your business in Google list. You need to select the option ‘Verify Now’.
- You need to make sure that you are available to answer the phones at your business directly.
- You need to select ‘Verify by Phone’ option to have a verification code sent to your phone using call.
- As you pick up the automated call, you will be hearing your verification code which you have to enter in the ‘Google My Business’ dashboard.
- The dashboard will automatically appear as you click on the ‘Verify by Phone’.
As you select your business you can utilize the instant verification service of Google Business to manage your business listing.
- You can use this service if you have already verified your business’s website with Google webmaster tools.
- You can verify your associated account with the same Google account to ‘Google My Business’.
- There are some business categories which are eligible to use instant verification option.
- You can also choose to go for ‘Bulk Verification’ as if you want to add your business with 10 or more locations.
Add Your Business Without an Address
- You need to sign in first in the Google Places for business with your valid Gmail ID.
- You need to enter all the details of your business-like phone no. and click on the ‘Find Your Business Information’.
- Then you should fill out all the required information in the following pages that will include your business address.
- In case your business is mobile or online, you can conceal your address from searchers while defining the service area location on Google Maps.
- You need to select don’t show my business address on my maps listing. And then select distance from one location while entering your ZIP code.
Managing Your List
After verifying your business account, your business will start appearing on Google Maps. You can manage your profile in many ways.
- You can start uploading the photos of your business like the location, and in case you have a restaurant then your menu items, and rental spaces, etc.
- This will help you to attract your customers and give me some visual realization of your business.
- Google Business account provides some other features as well that actually depends on your needs like you can customize information panel.
- You can add contact information in the panel features by quick links to dial your business phone line.
- Google also provides you with the business-specific features like you can see the menu of the restaurant, book any hotel and several other appointments.
The most important thing for the business is the customers. Listing your business with Google Business gives the opportunity to your customers to reach to you.
- This includes Q&A page as well. So that your customers get a chance to clear all of their doubts and can come for business.
- Updating with your customers provides a positive impact.
- Google review has provided a huge impact on customer’s mentality.
Google+ is one of the best places to advertise your products and services.
- It is a free service offered by Google.
- You need to enter all the information of your business and can later edit your information as well.
- This will make your organization more visible on a local map.
- This attracts customers as well.
- You need to keep updating your business information as in case you have moved your business to someplace else.
- You need to mention some additional information as well like open hours, contact info (phone no. and email ID).
In the case of your first customer, you need to mention the transportation info to reach your business location.