It is needless to mention that, the paste will be applied at the back side of the prepasted wallpaper. When it is applying the prepasted wallpaper, you need to follow some instructions for the best application of wallpaper. The forthcoming points will keep you informed about applying the prepasted wallpaper with all ease and comfort.
Remove the existing wallpaper. Rectify any holes or imperfections in your wallpaper before applying the new wallpaper.
- If you have sealed your wall, then you need to wait for 30 to 60 days to hang the wallpaper.
- For damaged or textured walls, installing the heavy duty wallpaper liner is required ahead applying the wallpaper.
Design a Straight Line
If you are hanging the wallpaper on all 4 walls, then you should begin with the unremarkable corner such as behind the large furniture or behind a door or back of the corner.
- Now, measure from the corner of the wall, the width of the wallpaper minus half an inch and mark with a pencil.
- Draw a straight line from the pencil mark.
- Draw another straight line every time until you reach the corner.
Measure and Cut Wallpaper
The height of the wall should be measured and add 4 inches for overhanging. You need 2 inches extra on top and bottom for trimming.
- Use a blade or knife to cut the wallpaper.
- Do not cut any additional strips without checking the dependency or account of the match of your wallpaper.
Wet and Book the Strip
Fill a tray with water. The water should be fill in a 2-3rd of the tray. The water should contain room temperature. You should roll the strip from bottom to top and keep the paste side out. Put the rolled strip in the water tray.
- Soak the roll strip in the water tray as per the recommendations of your retailer or hanging instructions. 30 seconds would be ideal.
- Now, put the wallpaper on a work table and make sure the paste is fully remove.
- You need to fold the ends, keep the paste side into the middle of the strip and without crumpling the folds, this is known as booking.
- Let the strip rest for some amount of time according to the hanging instructions.
Hang First Strip
Begin at your straight line and make sure the pattern is right side up. The top half of the strip should be applied.
- Move the wallpaper into position, facing up with a straight line. Press the strip to the wall with the smoothening brush.
- Now, smooth the bottom half into position. Smooth the whole strip, working from the middle out, forcing out any air bubbles.
- Clean the extra paste with a damp sponge.
Cut Excess and Wash off Paste
Cut the excess wallpaper along the ceiling and baseboard with a sharp knife or blade.
- When making long cuts, do not lift your knife.
- Remove the extra paste off the roof and work boards with clean water and a wet sponge.
Hang Additional Strips
If you want to apply the additional strips, then you need to repeat the steps.
- Touch the edges firmly together, but no overlapping.
- Make a new straight line on every new wall.
Make sure that, you are ready with the tools to apply the wallpaper, so that, you can proceed step by step without interrupting the hanging session. If you have doubts regarding the wallpaper, contact your retailer.
How do you activate Prepasted wallpaper?
The dry paste on the back of a prepasted wallcovering must be activated (liquefied) by soaking the wallcovering in water or by brushing on a prepaste activator, which is like a thinned wallpaper paste.
How does Prepasted wallpaper work?
How do you install Prepasted?
Is Prepasted wallpaper peel and stick?
How long does peel and stick wallpaper last?
How long does Prepasted wallpaper last?
Is Prepasted wallpaper easy to remove?
Is it OK to overlap wallpaper?
Is it better to paste the wall or wallpaper?
Does wallpaper shrink as Dries?
Will bubbles come out of wallpaper?
Why does Wallpaper get bubbles?
Why do bubbles form under wallpaper?
How long do I leave wallpaper to soak?
Why does wallpaper need to soak?
Soak time is the time it takes a wallpaper to expand to its maximum width once an adhesive has been applied. If a wallpaper is not left for its full soak time then it may continue to expand on the wall, causing creases in the wallpaper and possibly even expansion bubbles.
How do you hang wallpaper by yourself?
How can I make my wallpaper stay straight?
Ads by Google