If you want to purchase apps and other things in the App Store, you will need to update your Apple ID payment details. There are numerous ways that you can do this, and this article will take you through these processes step by step.
- On Your iPhone or iPad
The process for updating your Apple ID payment details on your iOS mobile device is very simple and easy. Once you have done this, you will be able to use your phone or tablet to make payments online and in some stores.
- First go into the Settings app on your device.
- Select your name.
- Tap on your Apple ID and then View Apple ID.
- You may be required to sign in with your username and password.
- Navigate to the iTunes & App Store.
- Tap on Payment Information.
- Submit your payment details. You can add a credit/debit card or a PayPal account.
- On Your Computer
If you want to associate your payment details with your Apple ID account on your computer, you will have to follow these steps.
- Navigate to the menu bar, which can be found at the top of your screen. It is also at the top of the iTunes screen.
- Go to Account and then View My Account.
- Submit your username and password to sign in.
- Once you are on the Account information page, click the Edit button.
- You will be able to see which forms of payment are accepted at the top of the screen. The credit cards that are accepted include Visa, Mastercard, Discover, American Express, and PayPal. Select one of these options.
- Enter your complete billing address blow. Make certain that all of the information you submit is accurate and up to date.
You also have the option of associating your payment details with your Apple ID account online.
- First navigate to the Apple ID account page using your preferred web browser.
- Sign in using your Apple ID username and passwords. You may be required to answer some security questions to confirm your identity.
- Go to the Payment & Shipping section and select the Edit button.
- Click the drop down menu under “Payment Method” to see all of the different options that are accepted. Choose the option that you want to use.
- Fill out your billing address beneath the payment method drop down menu.
- System Preferences
Another way to update your payment details for the App Store is to go into the system preferences.
- First click the Apple icon on the menu on the desktop.
- Navigate to System Preferences and select the iCloud option.
- Select Account Details. It may ask you to sign in with your username and password.
- Click on the Payment section and then Details.
- Now you can change or update your payment details. Just click the drop down menu next to Payment Method. Below you will find a series of empty fields that you will need to put your billing address. Double check to make sure that all of the information is correct before clicking the Save button at the bottom of the window.
- If one of your recent purchases was rejected, you might need to update your payment details.
- If you want to remove a payment method associated with your Apple ID account, simply select the “None” option in the drop down list that appears under Payment Method.
Can you add a debit card to App Store?
Why can’t I add my debit card to App Store?
You can update your billing information or add a payment method in Settings on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, or in iTunes on your Mac or PC. If there’s an issue with the billing address or expiration date, tap or click the payment method, then update the payment information.
How do you pay for an app with a credit card?
Why is my payment method declined on App Store?
How do I fix my payment method on my iPhone?
- Open the Settings app.
- Tap your name.
- Tap Payment & Shipping. You might be asked to sign in with your Apple ID. To add a payment method, tap Add Payment Method. To update a payment method, tap the payment method, then edit your information.
Why is my payment method being declined?
Why is my debit card being declined when I have money in my account?
Why can’t I add payment method on iPhone?
How do I update my payment method?
- Open the Google Play app .
- At the top right, tap the profile icon.
- Tap Payments & subscriptions Payment methods More. Payment settings.
- If asked, sign in to Google Pay.
- Under the payment method you want to remove, tap Edit.
- Make your changes.
- Tap Update.
Why can’t I change my payment method to none?
How do I change my payment method on the App Store?
- On your Android phone or tablet, open the Google Play Store app .
- Go to a paid item’s detail page.
- Tap the price and review app permissions.
- Under the app name, tap the Down arrow.
- Choose from one of your existing payment methods or add a new one.
- Complete your purchase.
How do I update my stimulus check information?
They will need to enter basic information including:
- Social Security number.
- Date of birth, and.
- Mailing address used on their tax return.
How do I get a stimulus check reissued?
- Call the IRS at 800-919-9835; or.
- Mail or fax a completed Form 3911 to the IRS.