A Shriner is a member of the popular society – Shriner’s International. It is an old fraternity which was established in the year 1870 with an intention to promote fun and friendship. The society is well known for its social activities and getting a membership of this esteemed organization has many benefits.
Be a Freemason
In order to be a Shriner, you should first be a Freemason. And to get this done, you need to join the fraternity of Freemasonry. The community was established in the 16th century and as of today; it has over 2 million members.
- For being a Freemason, you need to develop certain qualities like fellowship, honor, personal integrity, and supportive attitude towards each other.
- Only men are permitted to join this fraternity and the minimum age requirement for being a Freemason is 18 years of age.
Get in Touch with the Nearest Freemasons Lodge
To initiate the process of getting a membership, you need to contact the local Masonic Lodge in your city or state. You can find the contact info from the telephone directory or online listings.
- In some places, the rules followed by Freemasons fraternity require new members to make a direct approach rather than being referred by an existing member.
- You can find other members from your provincial freemasonry lodge through online sources and request them to help you in getting a membership.
Apply to be an Apprentice
After placing a request for getting a Freemasonry membership, you need to apply for securing the degree of Entered Apprentice. The program educates the candidates about the concepts of Freemasonry.
- During the apprenticeship program, the candidates are trained using basic building tools and various types of equipments.
- Freemasons consider these tools as symbolic representations of different values and moral truths that can make us better individuals.
- The phase also requires the candidates to learn a catechism. Only after successfully memorizing the catechism they are allowed to proceed further.
Obtain the Fellow Craft Degree
After completing the apprentice degree, you need to proceed with the Fellow Craft Degree. The curriculum covers the major principles related to arts and sciences.
- To complete the degree, you need to be an expert in all the topics covered under the Apprentice degree. A test would be conducted to check your proficiency in this context.
- Besides learning the advanced doctrines, you should also learn one more catechism and memorize it.
Be a Master Mason
After obtaining the Fellow Craft Degree, you can work towards becoming a Master Mason. This title is your direct ticket to be a Shriner. It may take around 7 to 8 months to complete all three degrees.
- To be a Master Mason, you should put your knowledge of principles and Freemasonry values into practice.
- Before rewarding the degree the candidates’ proficiency in understanding the symbols of traditional Freemasonry are put to test.
- Once you obtain the degree of Master Mason, your petition for being a Shriner will be readily accepted.
- Your chances of getting accepted as a Shriner are higher if you are able to befriend and impress other Shriners.
By donating money towards social causes and charitable services you can be a favored candidate for being a Shriner.
How much does it cost to be a Shriner?
Can you be a Shriner without being a Mason?
What do the Shriners believe?
Can a Catholic be a Shriner?
What is the Masonic name for God?
What is the Masonic handshake?
What is a 33rd degree Mason?
What religion do Freemasons follow?
What do Masons say at the end of a prayer?
What do Masons do at meetings?
What is a Masonic lodge rituals?
What does the G stand for in the Masonic symbol?
Another is that it stands for Geometry, and is to remind Masons that Geometry and Freemasonry are synonymous terms described as being the “noblest of sciences”, and “the basis upon which the superstructure of Freemasonry and everything in existence in the entire universe is erected.
What is a Masonic degree?
What are Masons jobs?
Do Masons make good money?
Is Masonry a good career?
What does it mean to be a member of the Masons?
Ads by Google