- How to Block a Number Using Built-In Features
Confirm whether your carrier supports phone blocking by following the steps below before starting the procedure for call blocking:
- Launch your phone app.
- Select the number that you’d like to block and tap on the “Details” if using a Samsung phone.
- If your phone supports blocking, you should see either, Add to Blacklist, Block number or Reject call.
If you’re using a Pixel, the following steps are handy:
- In the upper-right corner of the screen, tap on the vertical dots menu
- Next, tap on the “Blocked Numbers”.
- Confirm by tapping on the “Block” option.
If you do not the features integrated in your Android phone, you can try sending the call to voicemail using the steps below:
- Tap on your phone app for it to launch.
- After that, tap on the “Contacts” option and then tap on the name.
- Next, tap on the pencil-like icon to edit the contact in question.
- Tap on the menu.
- After that, tap in the “All calls to voicemail” Doing so will send the incoming calls from the selected contacts to voicemail.
- Block a Number on Samsung Phones
- On your home screen, find and tap on the phone-shaped icon to get it launched.
- Find this ⋮ icon located on the upper-right corner of the screen and tap on it.
- Having done that, a drop-down menu will appear on the screen.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the drop-down menu and tap on the “Settings” option.
- Below the “CALL SETTINGS” heading hat is located near the middle of the page, find and click on the “Block Numbers” tab.
- Locate the “Add phone number” heading and type in a number that you’d wish to block in the text field below it.
- Finally, Tap on the “Done” button located at the bottom of the screen and the contact added will be on the block list.
Alternatively, you can use the auto-reject call settings to block calls from pesky numbers on your phone by following the steps below:
- Locate the phone app on your home screen and tap to launch it.
- After that, select the numbers that you would want to block on your phone and then tap n on the “More” option found on the upper right corner of the screen.
- Having done that, proceed and choose the “Add to Auto-Reject List.” Doing so will add the selected number to the automatic reject list, and the contact wouldn’t be able to make a call to your number successfully.
To make more edits or remove the contact from the auto-reject list, you can follow the steps below:
- Launch your “Settings” app and then select the “Call settings” option.
- Under the call “Settings” option, choose on the “All calls” option.
- After that, tap on the “Auto-reject” option to make your desired changes.
- Block a Number on Pixel or Nexus Phones
- On your home screen, locate and tap on the phone application to launch it. It’s important to note that Nexus phones use the Google phone app by default.
- After that, tap on this ⋮ menu icon located on the upper-right corner of the phone’s screen to find more options. By doing that, a drop-down menu will open.
- From the drop-down menu that appears, select the ‘Settings” option.
- After that, tap on the “Call Blocking” option found close to the top page.
- Next, tap ‘ADD A NUMBER‘ under ‘Call Blocking‘ found near the top page.
- After that, tap in the text field provided and type in the number that you’d wish to block.
- Lastly, tap on the “BLOCK” button found below the text field. By doing that, the number added and blocked in this option will not be able to call you or leave a voicemail message. Apart from that, you can also mark the box for “Report call as spam” to report the call when it calls. Sounds great? Well, you can give it a try.
- Block a Number on LG Phones
- On your home screen, find and tap on the phone-shaped icon to get it launched.
- After that, tap on the “Call logs” tab. Depending on the LG phone model that you’re using, you can find the option located either at the top screen or at the bottom of the screen.
- After that, tap on this ⋮ menu icon located on the upper right corner of the screen. By doing that, a drop-down menu will appear on the screen.
- From the drop-down menu, tap on the “Call Settings.”
- After that, locate the “GENERAL” heading and select the “Call blocking and decline with message” below it.
- Having done that, go ahead and tap on the “Blocked numbers” found near the top page.
- After that, tap on this + icon. By doing that, a window showing the various blocking options will open.
- Next, tap on the “New number”, and a text field will appear. Alternatively, you can tap on the “Contacts” and select a number to add to the block list. Also, you can head to your “Call logs” when you want to block a recent number. Using one of the options above will, you should be able to add a number directly to your blocked list of contacts.
- Next, tap in the text field to enter a number that you want to block. When through adding the number, tap on the “Done” button and the number will get blocked.
If you’d wish to block calls from specific numbers in your phone, follow the steps below:
- Open your android’s phone application.
- After that, tap on this ⋮ icon found on the top-right corner of the phone’s screen.
- In the new menu, tap on the ‘Call Settings”.
- Next, tap on the “Reject Calls”.
- Lastly, tap on this + button. Having done that, add the number(s) that you want to block and you’ll be good to go.
- Block a Number on HTC Phones
- Tap on the Android’s People app that resembles a person’s silhouette located on your home screen.
- Tap on this ⋮ icon located found on the upper-right corner of the screen. By doing that, a drop-down menu will open.
- In the drop-down menu, tap on the “Manage contacts”.
- After that, tap on the “Blocked contacts” option found near the top of the page.
- Next, tap on the “Add” option. This option is also located in the upper part of the page.
- After doing that, key in the number that you’d wish to block on your HTC phone.
- Finally, tap on the “Save” button to add the number to the list of numbers blocked on your phone.
If you’d wish to block calls from some specific contacts without blocking the number altogether, here is the way to do it.
- Open the phone app by tapping on it.
- When the phone app opens, find the number that you no longer want to receive calls from, when you get to the number, tap and hold on it for a while until a pop-up menu appears.
- From the menu, “Select Block” contacts.
- Tap on the “Ok” button to get the number added to the list of blocked calls.
- To remove the contact from the blocked calls I the future, navigate to the blocked list on people’s app.
- Block a Number on Huawei Phone
- Launch your Phone apps on your Huawei mobile phone.
- After that, tap on the contact icon.
- From the “Contacts”, find the contact that you’d wish to block.
- Next, tap on the “More” icon located at the bottom of the screen.
- Finally, tap o the “Add to blacklist” and the contact will be blocked instantly.
If you’d wish to block calls instead of blocking contacts, follow the steps below:
- Locate the dialer app on your home screen and tap on it.
- After that, tap and hold on the number that you want to be blocked.
- Tap on the “Block contact”, and you should be good to go.
Alternatively, you can block calls using the steps below:
- Tap on the “Phone Manager” and tap on the “Blocked icon” option.
- Next, tap on the geared icon on the top-right corner and then tap on the “Numbers Blacklist.”
- Lastly, tap on the “Add‘ to get the contacts to the Blacklist.
How to Block a Number on Android Phone Using Apps
- Block a Number Using Should I Answer
- Download and install Should I Answer app from the Play Store through the following steps.
- Launch your Play Store. If you don’t find it on your home screen, try checking in the app drawer.
- Tap in the search bar located on top of the screen, and type in “should I answer.‘ Doing that prompts a drop-down menu to appear just below the search bar.
- After that, tap on “Should I Answer” that appears near the top of the drop-down menu. The Play Store will search for the app and display the icon for the “Should I Answer” app.
- Next, tap on the “Should I Answer app” icon to get to the app page.
- Tap on the green “Install” button located below the app’s icon.
- After that, tap “ACCEPT” when prompted to start downloading the app to your Android phone.
- Tap to open the downloaded app, doing that will open a setup page. Next, tap on the two consecutive “CONTINUE” button that appears at the bottom of the page.
- On the main page that opens, tap ‘YOUR RATINGS” tab that appears at the top of your screen.
- Tap on this + icon found in the bottom right corner of your phone’s screen.
- Tap and enter the phone number that you’d wish to block in the text field below the “Phone Number” located on the upper side of the screen.
- Scroll down and tap on the “Select Rating” tab found near the middle page. This prompts a drop-down menu to open.
- In the menu, tap on the “Negative” to enter the phone number into the Blocklist
- Finally, tap on the “Save” button at the bottom screen to get your changes effected.
NOTE: Apart from the “Should I Answer App”, there are other alternative call and contact blocking apps that works pretty well on Android phones. Some of the apps include Mr. Number that you can use to block text messages and calls from specific numbers, an area code or a country free of charge. Another app is the Call Blocker that works more like Mr. Number but includes features for q of people to reach you. And the last one is the Calls Blacklist that is great for keeping a list of numbers that should not contact you.
How do you block a number from calling and texting?
Follow these steps to block a number from calling you:
- Open the Phone app.
- Tap the Menu icon (three dots) in the top right corner.
- Tap Settings.
- Tap Block numbers.
- Enter a number.
- Tap Done.
How do I permanently block a number?
- Open the Phone app.
- Open the menu in the top right.
- Select “Settings” from the dropdown.
- Click “Calls”
- Click “Additional settings”
- Click “Caller ID”
- Select “Hide number“
Why can’t I block a number on my Android?
Step 1: Tap to open the Phone app. Step 2: Tap the three-dot More Options icon in the top right corner. Step 3: Tap Settings listed on the drop-down menu. Step 4: Tap Blocked Numbers (or Call Blocking).
How do I block unwanted calls on my Android phone?
How do I block unwanted calls on my Samsung phone?
To enable this, click the options button at top-right, then Settings > Caller ID & Spam. Enable Filter Spam Calls and your phone will use Google’s database of known spam numbers to filter spam calls automatically.
What happens when you block a number?
What happens when I block a number on Android?
How do I block a number?
Open your Phone app . Call history . Tap a call from the number you want to block. Tap Block / report spam.
When you block someone do they know?
Can you see if a blocked number has tried to text you?
What does the sender see when you block them?
Can you see missed calls from blocked numbers?
Do blocked numbers show up as missed calls Android?
Why can Blocked numbers still text me?
Do blocked calls show up on Android?
How do you get notified when a blocked number calls you?
- Yeah if you block someone and whenever he/she tries to call you, you will get a notification on home screen.
- Here are few excerpts:
- You can even see these notifications in your call log.