Pop ups are annoying ads that clog your screen and interfere with productivity. Sometimes, they can even lead to sites that have inappropriate content, or that can infect your device or computer with a virus. Even if all they do is slow you down, here are three ways to avoid dealing with pop ups on an iPhone, iPad or Mac:
How to Block Pop Ups on Safari with an iPhone
- Open Settings on your iPhone’s home screen. You can find Settings by looking for the icon that looks like a grey and black gear.
- Once you are in the Settings menu, select Safari from the list of apps that require setting adjustments. The icon next to Safari looks like a blue compass with a red and white directional needle.
- From the Safari page, go to the General Settings. These will appear listed at the top of the screen.
- Find Block Pop Ups on the list of General Settings, and make sure that the toggle is switched on. The toggle will need to be green to enable your pop up blocker. A white toggle indicates that your blocker is turned off, and pop ups will occur.
How to Block Pop Ups on Safari with an iPad
- Open your iPad home screen and select the Settings icon, which looks like a grey and black gear.
- From the Settings menu, choose Safari from the list of apps on your iPad that require setting adjustments. Easily find Safari by looking for the icon that appears as a blue compass with a red and white directional needle.
- On the Safari Settings page, look for the list labeled General Settings. It will appear near the top of your screen.
- At the bottom of the General Settings, you will see Block Pop Ups. Switch the toggle on to enable your pop up blocker. If the toggle is white, it means that your pop up blocker is turned off. You will need the toggle to appear green. A green toggle indicates that the pop up blocker is enabled, and you will not see any pop ups.
How to Block Pop Ups on Safari with a Mac
- From the toolbar in the top left corner of your screen, click Safari. This will open a drop down menu with options.
- Look for Preferences in that drop down menu.
- From the Preferences page, look for the Security button. It has an icon that looks like a padlock.
From there, under the Web Content menu, make sure that Block Pop Ups is checked. If the box next to it has a check mark in it, your pop up blocker is enabled and your pop ups will be blocked.
How do I turn off pop-up blockers on my Mac Safari?
- Open Safari.
- Under the Safari drop-down menu, click Preferences.
- Select the Security icon at the top and uncheck the box for Block pop–up windows.
How do I block pop-ups on my browser?
- On your computer, open Chrome.
- At the top right, click More. Settings.
- Under “Privacy and security,” click Site settings.
- Click Pop–ups and redirects.
- At the top, turn the setting to Allowed or Blocked.
How do I disable pop-up blockers?
How do I disable pop-up blockers on my computer?
- Click Tools menu. Press Alt-T if you don’t see a menu.
- Click Internet Options.
- Click Privacy tab.
- Under Pop–up Blocker, UnCheck Turn on Pop–up Blocker.
- Click OK.
How do I stop the pop-ups on my Mac?
How do I disable popup blockers in Chrome?
Does Chrome have a pop up blocker?
How do I turn off my pop up blocker on my Iphone?
- Launch Settings.
- Tap Safari.
- Under the General section, click the toggle next to Block Pop–ups to enable or disable the pop–up blocker. A green toggle indicates an enabled pop–up blocker.
Is it popup or pop up?
Why do pop up blockers not work?
What’s the meaning of popup?
What is popup message?
How do I get a pop up message?
- Tactics to build pop–up messages that actually help website users.
- Figure out your goals for the pop–up, and draft a succinct message.
- Nail the pop–up message design.
- Leverage relevant, personalized content.
Why pop-ups are bad?
How do I turn off pop up notifications?
How do I turn off all notifications?
Does Do Not Disturb turn off notifications?
Ads by Google