Netflix is one of the best platforms where you can watch high-definition movies, documentaries, and TV shows.
This platform offers a wide variety of movies and showsHowever, you need to know that most of these shows or movies are not appropriate for children.
Previously, parents would personally monitor their kids to know whether or not they are watching appropriate visual content. Considering this, Netflix has now introduced the block feature, which means you can block certain shows and movies.
This allows you to make your own judgment on shows and decide what shows your kids should watch. So, now that you know you can block movies and shows on Netflix, the next thing is how to do it? We will now answer this question.
How to set a maturity profile rating on Netflix?
Setting a maturity rating for your profile is a good thing. Instead of blocking shows on Netflix that takes a lot of time, you can set a maturity rating on your profile or your kids’ profiles. This will allow your kids to watch only those shows that fit within the rating. To do this, you need to follow the steps given below.
- Open Netflix with a web browser or mobile app.
- Go to the Account page.
- Now, open the profile and parental control setting for your kid profile or the profile for which you want to make the changes.
- Make changes in the “Viewing Restriction” settings.
- Now, enter your Netflix password.
- Set the rating for maturity for movies or TV shows that you want to allow for that profile.
- Now click the “Submit” button.
This way, Netflix will remove movies and TV shows above the chosen maturity rating level from the profile. If you have any difficulty making the changes, you can contact the support team. They will do this for you.
How to Block shows on Netflix?
Now, if you want to block certain shows on Netflix to avoid your kids watching them, then you can simply do it in the following way.
- Open Netflix using a web browser or mobile app.
- Go to the Account page.
- Open the “Profile and Parental Control” settings for the selected profile in which you want to make the changes.
- Now, click the “Viewing Restriction” button or navigation from the setting.
- Enter the password. Netflix will take you to the Title Restrictions.
- Under it, you need to type the name of the movie or TV show.
- Click the title when you see it on the screen.
This way, you will block the show from the Netflix profile. To unblock the show, you just need to repeat the same steps except for the last two steps. Then, you need to click on “X” that is located next to the show in the list of restricted titles. This way, you will unblock the show or movie from the list.
Netflix cares about parental controls. This is the reason they have incorporated the block show feature and maturity rating for profiles. So, using the above methods, you can either set the maturity level for the profile or completely block the show for that particular profile.
Can you restrict Netflix profiles?
What is the lock symbol on Netflix?
What are the maturity levels on Netflix?
What age group is mature on Netflix?
Can you block shows on Disney plus?
How do I turn off parental controls on Disney+?
How do I disable parental controls?
- Open the Play Store app.
- Tap Menu.
- Tap Settings.
- Tap Parental controls.
- Slide to turn Parental controls to OFF.
- Enter 4 Digit PIN.
Does Disney plus have rated R movies?
What is R-rated on Disney+?
R18+ material is restricted to adults.