eBay allows you to list your products that you wish to sell and contact directly the buyer and seller via their website.
This is a no-frills business strategy and works great for all.
Cancel a Listing on eBay After it was Sold
In cases that the item was listed by mistake, or has been damaged since it was sold, the sellers might have to cancel a listing. In such a case, apart from refunding the amount paid back to the buyer, you also have steps to take.
- This is a dispute, and you, as a seller, have to open a case within 45 days of the transaction, and close the case within 60 days. To do so, go to your eBay account.
- After you’ve logged in, click on the ‘Sold’ link that is in the left menu of your sold items page. Click on ‘Resolve a Problem’ option, which is right next to the item in the entry.
- Now, a form will open up to allow you to enter your details and case. Finally, click on ‘I Sold an Item and Want to Cancel the Transaction’, and click on ‘Continue’ option.
- You might be asked to enter your username and password again to confirm the submission of this case. Then, cancel a transaction form opens up to add more details.
- Then, you’ve to provide a reason to the buyer, so type in the field give the buyer a reason for wanting to cancel this transaction, and again click on ‘Continue’ option.
Cancel a Scheduled Listing on eBay
A scheduled listing is one that will open up for bids at a particular date and time, and this is done in advance. To know more about creating a scheduled listing and what it is all about, look here. In this format, you can go in advance for up to 10 days.
- When you wish to cancel it though, you have to read this thread on eBay’s community forum that explains the issue.
- You can do so by going to my eBay, and then go to the ‘Activity’ tab and hold your mouse pointer. Then, when it expands, select ‘Sell’.
- Then, in the scheduled section, you can select the listing that you wish to modify or cancel. There is the ‘Reschedule’ button which will allow you to assign a different date and time.
- To cancel this listing though, just click on the ‘Delete’ button and you are done. If you happen to change your mind, you have to just create the listing again as you’d already done before.
Cancel Promoted Listing on eBay
Here is an article (https://www.eBay.com/pages/help/sell/contextual/promoting.html) from eBay pages listing out the steps in detail when you wish to promote your products as a seller. This helps a lot in many scenarios. But, when you had accidentally chosen a promotion or want to delete it later, what do you do? eBay also offers a way to stop cross-promotion of your items in your marketing preferences.
- There are two types of promotions similar item and cross-promotion. To cancel them you have to do it for both separately.
- Go to eBay, and ‘Sign-In’. To cancel your cross-promotion listing, hover your pointer over account, and then click on ‘Marketing Tools’ when it expands.
- Below that, you can find cross-promotion heading on the left side with a link to settings. Click on that link, and then select ‘Do not Cross-Promote My Items’, and then click on the ‘Apply’ button.
- Now, for canceling similar items listing, under the marketing tools link you will find promote similar items link when it expands, and you click on it to go to the next step.
- You may be asked to ‘Sign-In’ again, in some cases. Then, select ‘Do no Promote My Items’ in the option given, and hit the ‘Apply’ button.
- The buyer has a chance to respond to this cancellation within 7 days, without which the transaction stands canceled automatically; else eBay (https://www.ebay.com/) will mediate to resolve the issue.
Any changes that you make to marketing tools will be automatically applied to any listing you create in future for your items, not to the ones already done previously.