Whether you are a seller or a buyer, cancelling a bid is usually a pretty simple and straightforward process.
This article will go through the various steps that you will need to complete before you can officially cancel a bid that you or someone else has placed.
If You are a Buyer
If you have placed a bid for an item on Ebay and want to cancel it, you will be able to do so by following these steps.
- First you need to go to www.ebay.com in your web browser and sign in.
- Select the “Help & Contact” option in the upper left corner of the page.
- Click on the “How to Retract a Bid” link, which can be found in the middle of the page.
- Next select “Retract bid”. It is a blue button located in the middle of the page. When you click it you will see a list of items you have recently bid on.
- Select the item that you want to retract a bid on.
- Choose the reason for retracting your bid. You will be given a list of options, including “I enter the wrong amount”, “I’m unable to contact the seller by email or phone”, and “The description of the item changed significantly after I placed my bid”.
- Click the “Continue” button.
- Click the blue “Retract bid” button to officially retract your bid.
If you are a Seller
If you are selling an item on Ebay and want to cancel someone’s bid for whatever reason, you will be able to do so by following a few simple steps.
- Go to www.ebay.com and sign into your account.
- Select the “My Ebay” option, which you will find in the upper right corner of the page. When you do this you will see a drop down menu appear.
- Click the “Setting” option at the bottom of the menu.
- Choose the item of yours that you want cancel someone else’s bid on.
- Scroll down until you have found the item number.
- Look for the username of the person who has bid on your item. You can do this by clicking the “bid” link.
- Click the Ebay logo, which is located on the top left corner of the page.
- Scroll down and select the “Site map” option.
- Scroll down again and select “Cancel bids on your listing”.
- Take the time to fill out the cancellation form.
Click “Cancel bid” to officially cancel the person’s bid on your item.