Using System Preferences Settings
- Click on the apple icon found on the top left corner of your screen and then select on the “System Preferences.” It’s the second option on the list of the menu. Alternatively, you may get it pinned on your Dock as a grey-gear like an icon.
- Next, click on the “Desktop & Screen Saver.”
- Click on the apple dropdown located on the left side of the “Desktop” panel and then click on “Desktop pictures” and select the photo that you want to set as your background. In the same section, you can also choose to change pictures at intervals. To set your photos to be changing, check on the box next to the “Change picture” option located at the bottom center and then set time interval for changing the picture from the dropdown box. And if you want the photos to be a shuffle, check the “Random order.”
Instead of using the system pictures, you can also opt to use your favorite photo as your desktop background. In that case, you can use the steps below to have your photo as a background image.
- Click on the dropdown menu located on the left or click on the + sign on the bottom left corner. Select on the folder having your images, and the folder will automatically get added on the bottom-left screen.
- Choose the location of your photos that you want to use on your mac background. If the picture is missing, try saving it in a different format. To change the image format, open the image in another preview window and click on “File” and then select “Save As” and then choose the image format that you prefer.
- Choose other options such as “Change Picture” and “Random Order” by checking on the boxes located on their side.
Using Photos Application
- Launch your photo application (Photos or iPhoto) depending on the app that you’re using. If you’re using other photo apps, this option may not be there. These steps work correctly on iPhone 9.5 and the later versions, but the earlier versions may have some differences.
- Select the photo that you want to use. Ensure that the picture you’re selecting is saved on your computer, but not on Camera or iCloud library. If you’d wish to use the images in your iCloud library or camera, drag the images and save them on your computer.
- Click on the “Share” option on the upper right corner
- Then, click on “Set Desktop Picture “after that, you can continue on display and select a suitable alternative that fits your preference.
- If you prefer moving your photos from the desktop to one folder for easy access, dragging and dropping them may lower their quality. Therefore, you can try either of the two ways below.
Select the image you want from your Photos app and click on the “File” tab and then click on the “Export” and finally click on the “Export Modified Original.”
If using the iPhoto app, click on “File” and then proceed and click “Reveal In Finder” and finally click on the “Original.” Alternatively, you can open the iPhoto app and then right-click by holding the “Ctrl” button on the keyboard and then tap on the image you want to set background picture, then choose on the “Show File” for the photo to reveal in Finder.
By Dragging And Dropping An Image On Desktop
- Select the image you want to use and drag it to your desktop.
- Hold down the “Ctrl” button and then click on the chosen image, and a pop-up menu will appear on the screen.
- On the pop-up menu, click on the “Set Desktop Picture” option located at the bottom of the menu list. By doing that, your selected photo will automatically appear in the background.
TIP: This is a great way to set the photos received via email, screenshots, or iMessage. It’s the easiest and the fastest way to set your background picture.
Change Background On Mac Using Finder
- Open Finder and find the image you want to use as your background.
- Once you find the image, press and hold the “Ctrl” button on your Mac keyboard and then click. By doing that, a pop-up menu will appear on the screen.
- From the pop-up menu, click on the “Set Desktop Picture,” and your background should change at the click.
TIP: This method is excellent when it comes to using the photos you find from the internet. But you should save the images first before using them as background pictures.
Change Login Background On Mac
- Launch finder. When it opens, click on the “DEVICES.”
- In the devices section, click on “Systems,” and when it opens, click on the “Library.”
- Next, click on the “CoreService” option.
- Under the “CoreServices,” scroll down and locate a filed icon with the name “DefaultDesktop.jpg.”
- Drag the “DefaultDesktop.jpg” file to your desktop. Once on the desktop, right-click, or use “Ctrl + Click.” Doing so will open a pop-up menu on the screen. From the on-screen list, select on the copy “DefaultDesktop.jpg.”
- Next, find the picture to replace the default and paste on the desktop.
- Delete the default picture by dragging a box on it and then hitting the “Delete” button on your keyboard.
- Paste in your new image and delete the old on finder. You will be prompted to enter your password before proceeding.
- Replace the deleted file by dragging a new one in the space. Enter your password when prompted.
- Log out. By doing that, you should see your new login background when logging in.
Note: This procedure was carried out on Mac OS X
Change Login Background On Mac Mojave
- Find the image that you want to set on the login screen background. Even though most Mac computers always have a resolution of 1280X800, it can be pretty good to check. To do that, click on the Apple menu, then click on About This Mac, and finally click on “Displays” to view your computer’s resolution.
- Use online photo editing apps to upgrade the quality of the photo and then save it on your desktop in .jpg format.
- Rename your image to “Mojave.heic.” By doing that, your image can now be used by apple.
- Launch Finder and click on “Go.” Alternatively, you can use the keyboard shortcut to go to finder by pressing on “Command-Shift-G.”
- Paste the “/Library/Desktop Pictures/”and then find the “Mojave. heic” image file.
- Next, drag your high quality image “Mojave.heic” into “Desktop Pictures.” to complete this process, you’ll get a prompt to enter your password to authorize the action.
- Restart your machine, and you should see your picture that you name “Mojave.heic”
How do I customize my Mac desktop?
- On your Mac, choose Apple menu > System Preferences, click Desktop & Screen Saver, then click Desktop. Open the Desktop pane for me.
- On the left, find a picture or color:
- On the right, click the picture you want to use.
How do I set a picture as my desktop background?
Why can’t I change desktop background Mac?
Why can’t I change my desktop background?
How do you change the Google background on a Mac?
How do you change the background on Zoom?
- Sign in to the Zoom mobile app.
- While in a Zoom meeting, tap More in the controls.
- Tap Virtual Background (Android) or Background and Filters (iOS).
- Tap the background you would like to apply or tap + to upload a new image.
- Tap Close after selecting the background to return to the meeting.
How do you change the background on safari?
How do you change the background on Google safari?
- Go to Google Meet. select a meeting.
- On the bottom right of your self view, click Change Background . To completely blur your background, click Blur your background . To slightly blur your background, click Slightly blur your background .
- Click Join Now.
Can you change the background of Safari on iPhone?
How do you change the Google background on safari?
- Open Safari 14 on your Mac.
- Click the settings button in the start screen.
- Turn on the Background Image option.
- Chose one of the wallpapers from the gallery or click the “+” button to add an image from your Mac.
How do you change the background color on Safari Mac?
- Select the Safari menu, the select Preferences.
- Select Appearance, which is the second option on the right.
- Under Standard font, select the Select button. Choose your desired font type, size and colour.
- Click OK on the Preferences screen.
How do you change the background color on Google?
- On a computer, open a site in classic Google Sites.
- At the top right, click More actions. Manage site.
- In the menu on the left, click Themes, Colors, and Fonts.
- Make changes to the background. Then, at the top, click Save.
Can you change the background on Google Docs?
How do I change my browser background color?
How do I change the background color of a Web page?
- Open and display the Web page you want to use.
- Right-click the page to which you want to change a background color, and then click Page Properties.
- Click the Formatting tab.
- Click the Background list arrow.
- Click the color you want on the color palette.
- Click OK.