The primary email address on Facebook is used to login to Facebook as the username. Furthermore, it is also set as an email account to receive relevant notifications associated with Facebook. This article will guide you through the all-inclusive process on how to change the email address on Facebook mobile app and desktop browser.
Way to Change Facebook Email address on Computer
Let’s walkthrough on how to change the Facebook email address on any computer.
Step 1: Open your web browser and navigate to the Facebook official site, then Sign in your account.
Step 2: Secondly, click on the drop-down arrow key at the rightest corner.
Step 3: Then, go to “Settings” from lists of options.
Step 4: On the General settings at the very first option on the left panel, choose “Edit” on the option named “Contact.”
Step 5: After that, click on the link “Add another email and phone number” this should prompt you to a dialogue box.
Step 6: On the “New Email” box, enter your new email address and click “Add.” Also, enter your Facebook password if prompted.
Step 7: Now, check the email app, you will get an email from Facebook for confirmation, confirm the email.
Step 8: After confirmation, go back to the Facebook website. On the “Primary Contact” option tick on the radio button on the email, you just added to Facebook. That’s how your primary email on Facebook will be changed.
Guide to Change Email Address on Mobile Phone
Both popular mobile services, Android, and iOS devices use similar Facebook interfaces; thus, the following steps should work flawlessly.
Step 1: Launch the Facebook Mobile App on your Android phone, iPhone, or iPad.
Step 2: On your Facebook newsfeed, tap on the menu bar.
Step 3: Scroll down and tap to open “Settings and Privacy,” then select “Settings” from available lists of options appearing on the drop-down menu.
Step 4: Now, tap on “Personal information” located at the top of the screen.
Step 5: After that, a window appears displaying your personal information. Here, tap on the “Email Address” tab.
Step 6: Similarly, tap on “Add Email Address.”
Step 7: On the provided blank field on Add Email page, enter your valid email address and finally tap on the “Add Email” button covered in blue.
A message appears on the banner at the top of the screen, notifying the amendment of the email address.”
Step 8: Go to your email app service and then confirm the email address.
Step 9: Now, we are interested in changing our secondary email to the primary. Go back to the same “Email Address” settings.
Step 10: Lastly, tap on the “Primary Account” tab then tick mark the recent email you added to your Facebook.
How can I transfer my Facebook account to another email?
Why can’t I change my primary email address on Facebook?
How do I remove my primary email from Facebook?
- Click in the top right of Facebook.
- Select Settings & privacy, then click Settings.
- Click Contact in the General tab.
- Click Remove next to the email address that you’d like to remove.
- Click Save Changes.
How do I edit my email address?
- Step 1: Check if you can change it. On your Android phone or tablet, open your device’s Settings app Google. Manage your Google Account. At the top, tap Personal info.
- Step 2: Change it. Next to your email address, select Edit . Enter the new email address for your account.
How do I change my email and password?
- Open your Google Account. You might need to sign in.
- Under “Security,” select Signing in to Google.
- Choose Password. You might need to sign in again.
- Enter your new password, then select Change Password.
How do you retrieve your email password?
- Head to the Gmail sign-in page and click the “Forgot Password” link.
- Enter the last password you remember. If you can’t remember one, click “Try a different question.”
- Enter the secondary email address you used when you set up your Gmail account to get a password reset email.
What do you do if you have forgotten your email password?
What is my email address on this phone?
How do I login to my email account?
How do I log into my email account on my phone?
- Open the Gmail app and navigate to the Settings section.
- Tap Add account.
- Tap Personal (IMAP/POP) and then Next.
- Enter your full email address and tap Next.
- Choose the type of email account you will be using.
- Enter the password for your email address and tap Next.
How do I open my email inbox?
How do I know if my email address is valid?
#1: Manually check each email address
- Head to email-checker.net.
- Enter the email address you want to verify.
- Verified email addresses will say ‘OK’, invalid email addresses will say ‘Bad’