In iOS Without a Computer
- Locate the “Settings” application on your iPhone’s home screen.
- In the settings menu, tap on the “General.” It’s located above the “Display & Brightness.”
- Locate the “About” option located above the “Software Update” under the “General” heading and tap on it.
- Having done that, go ahead and tap on the “Name” tab located in the “About” section.
- Next to the current name of your iPhone, tap on the “X” button to remove the name.
- Type in your preferred new name for the iPhone device in the field provided.
- After that, tap on the blue “Done” button on the on-screen keyboard when through with typing the favorite name. Doing that will change your iPhone name in the iOS. You can now tap on the back arrow located on the upper-left corner or return to the home screen and continue using your iPhone under the new name.
TIP: Even though these steps are specific to the iPhone in this article, they can be useful in changing the name in the iPad and iPod touch as well. I f you’d wish to customize your device name in iPad and iPod, use the steps highlighted to set a new name for your device.
Using iTunes on Mac & PC Computer
- To start, connect your iPhone to a computer. Use the computer that is synced with your iPhone. Doing so prompts iTunes to open automatically. If that doesn’t happen, open the iTunes manually.
- Click the icon resembling your iPhone located on the upper-left corner to get to your iPhone’s management screen.
- Locate the name of your iPhone at the top-left of the sidebar. Having done that, click on the name of your iPhone once.
- After that, type your preferred iPhone name in the provided field.
- Click on the “Return” button. This will prompt iTunes to re-sync the phone automatically and save your iPhone’s new name. Note that this process also applies when you want to change the name in the iPad and iPod touch.
TIP: This process is also applicable if you want to change your iPhone’s name on Airdrop.
For Personal Hot Spot
- From your iPhone’s home screen, ap on the “ Settings” app icon to open it.
- After that, tap on the “General” and then go ahead and tap on the “About” option.
Finally, tap on the “Name” and set a new name for your hotspot.