Spotify is established in 2006, a media-service provider.
By using the app, you can listen to DRM protected music and podcasts from media companies and record labelsHere are some ways to change various features in Spotify:
Changing Spotify Username
Spotify (https://www.spotify.com/) does not allow you to change your username when you create an account. But, there are two workarounds which can help you get a more decent combination of your unique code.
- When using the desktop version, go to the top-right corner of the app, and click the ‘Downward Arrow’ to reveal settings, and then find Facebook from under the ‘Socials’ tab. Click on ‘Connect to Facebook’.
- When you do this, you have to ‘Log-In’ to Facebook on a new page, and then both accounts will merge giving you a more proper username.
- When using a phone or tab, open the app, and go to ‘Your Library’, and then tap on the ‘Gear’ icon to go to ‘Settings’. Find Facebook from under ‘Socials’, and tap on ‘Connect to Facebook’. Then, repeat the above, ‘Log-In’ to Facebook, and accounts will merge to give a new more improved username to your Spotify profile.
How to Change Spotify Country?
If you have Spotify Premium, you can use Spotify anywhere in the world. When using Spotify in different countries, you can change your country based on your current location.
- Open Spotify app on your device and ‘Log-In’ to your account with your credentials. Click on your profile and choose edit.
- Scroll down to the country and choose a country from the drop-down list. Remember that your country will prompt only when you are there currently. If you want to change your country for other reasons, you have to choose that from the list.
- Click ‘Save’ to save the changes.
How to Change Spotify Payment?
Spotify can be accessible in different countries. If you are using the free Spotify app, you do not need to worry about your payment method. If you are a premium user, you must update your payment method that is in practice or allowed in a country where you currently reside.
- Tap and open the Spotify app from your device. Provide your ‘Log-In’ credentials to sign in to your official Spotify account. Click payment option and choose edit.
- Before changing the payment method, make sure to change the country, so that you can view the allowed payment options in that country.
- Choose your new payment method and enter the details required to approve that. Click ‘Save’ and return to your home page.
How to Change Credit Card on Spotify?
If you are a premium Spotify user, you should pay the subscription fees. If you do not want the fees through your existing credit card, you can switch to a new card by changing the settings.
- Open the Spotify application and ‘Sign-In’ with your credentials. Go to your account page and choose subscription from the left side menu.
- Scroll down to payment details and choose update. Add a new credit card and fill in the necessary details.
- Click ‘Change Payment Details’ to confirm. Now click on the ‘Save’ option.
How to Change Spotify Address?
If you are shifted to a new city or country, you will have a different address. You can change your contact address in Spotify by taking help from the following steps:
- Open Spotify app on your device and ‘Log-In’ to your account with your credentials.
- Click ‘Address’ and choose edit. Enter your new address in the specific field or columns. Click ‘Save’ to confirm your new address.
- Remember that you do not have to register your address on Spotify except if you use Spotify Premium for family.
How to Change Spotify Subscription?
If you are using Spotify Premium (https://www.spotify.com/premium/) and want to use it free for the next 2 to 3 months, you can change the subscription. Here are the ways to do it.
- ‘Log-In’ to your Spotify account page by entering your username and password. Go to your account page and choose subscription from the left side menu.
- Click ‘Cancel’ or ‘Change’. If you want to cancel premium, click ‘Cancel Premium’.
- Click ‘Cancel’ or yes when it prompts to confirm your choice. Your account will show the date you will get back to the Spotify free service.
How to Change Spotify to Student?
If you are a student from any accredited university or college, you can change Spotify to the student.
- First, you have to prove your eligibility. You are eligible if you are a student enrolled at an accredited university or college located in your country or its territories and possessions and aged 18 years or above. Your eligibility is verified through your Spotify account.
- Enter your Spotify username and password to ‘Sign-In’ to your account. Click ‘Profile’ icon that appears on the top right corner of the home page. A menu will appear with three options including upgrade, account, and logout.
- Click ‘Account’, a drop-down list will appear with many options. Among that, choose subscription.
- Under the Spotify free header, you can click ‘Try Premium Free’. Then choose the change plan that appears next to the plan option.
- Scroll down and click ‘Get Student’. This option will appear in the premium for students at the bottom of the page.
How to Change Spotify Subscription to Student?
If you can verify your student status, you can change your Spotify subscription to student even though you are an existing premium user.
- Open Spotify on your device and ‘Sign-In’ with your ‘Log-In’ credentials. Click ‘Profile’ icon and then account.
- Click subscription and upgrade to Spotify Premium. Scroll down and click get premium.
- You must enter your debit or credit card details including your card number, CVV, expiration date, card name, and more. Click ‘Submit’ to save your details.
- Verify your student status by including your name, date of birth, college name, and more.
- If verified, Spotify will automatically your change your subscription from premium to the student within a few business days.
How to Change Spotify Password?
You should maintain your Spotify password confidential. To be on the safer side, you can frequently change your password to not let anyone guess it. You can change your Spotify password in the following ways:
- Visit the official web portal of Spotify and ‘Sign-In’ with your credentials. Go to your account page and then click on ‘Password’.
- First, type your current password in a specific field. Then, key in new password in the special field and confirm it by retyping the same.
- Click on ‘Set New Password’. Now ‘Sign-In’ to your Spotify account with your new password. If you want to reset your password, click ‘Forget Password’ and follow on-screen instructions.
How to Change Playlist Picture on Spotify?
Every Spotify user has an option to customize their playlist album cover. Here are the steps that help you do so:
- Tap and open the Spotify app from your device. Provide your log-in credentials to ‘Sign-In’ to your official Spotify account.
- Right click on the playlist and choose the ‘Edit’ option.
- Click on the photo to change it. When you click on the photo, you can find options to upload or change your picture from gallery.
- Choose any photo and tap on ‘Upload’ to change it.
How to Change Spotify Email?
You need to register on Spotify (https://www.spotify.com/signup/) by providing your personal information including your email address. If you want to change your email address, you can do it by following the below mentioned steps.
- ‘Sign-In’ to your Spotify account by visiting the Spotify official site. Go to your profile and click ‘Edit’.
- Scroll down to email and click ‘Edit’. Now, you should key in your new email address and confirm your password. Click ‘Save’ profile.
- Upon submission and approval, a confirmation mail will be sent to both your old and new email address detailing the changes.
If you can follow these tips precisely, you can change your personal information on Spotify from anywhere at any time.