Fake plants are the best way to add some natural touch to your home without having to go through the difficult hassles of gardening.
These plants come in various colors, sizes, and shapes and can be friendly on your pockets as wellHere we show you how to clean three types of fake plants, plastic, silk, and aquatic plantsYou can follow these steps to maintain and clean them:
Cleaning Plastic Flowers
Plastic flowers need to be specially kept clean because of the beauty they induce to the flowers.
Gather all Your Tools
The tools you will need to clean plastic plants are:
- A feather duster.
- Microfiber cloth.
- Hot water.
- Cleaning rags and window cleaner with ammonia D.
Get Rid of the Dust
There are a lot of ways in which you can remove the dust from those plants:
- You can dust them with a feather duster.
- Submerge them in hot water.
- Sprinkle water on them.
- Use a vacuum cleaner.
If you had submerged the plant in water to clean them, then let them out to dry.
Spray Ammonia D
- After they have dried completely, spray some window cleaner with Ammonia D on it in order to thoroughly clean and disinfect your plant.
- Put the plants out in the sunlight in order to activate the cleaning product. This will also help your plant get back its original vibrant colors.
Cleaning the Silk flowers
The silk flowers are best when neat because if they are not, then it spoils the beauty of the plant.
- Just like how you remove dust from the plastic plants, get rid of the silk flowers in a similar manner.
- You can use dusting feathers, cloth rags, vacuum cleaners or even using a microfiber cloth.
- You can also use blow dryers to get rid of the dust accumulated on these silk plants or flowers.
- Set the dryer on the minimum heat and blow on the plant from some distance.
- You can use salt to clean the plant thoroughly and most effectively.
- In a Ziploc bag, take some amount of salt, the size of the bag should fit in the plant or flower that you want to clean.
- Put the plant inside and close the zip of the bag.
- Shake them vigorously as the salt will act as scrubbers to remove all the dust accumulated on the plant.
- You can also use rice or cornmeal instead of salt.
Check Before Spraying
Before spraying the cleaning liquid on the plant, spray a small amount of the liquid on some off part of the flower and wait for it to react or fade away. If the color does not change, the cleaner can now be used to thoroughly spray over the whole flower
Use Cleaners to Remove Grime
- If your plant or flower is excessively coated with grime, try using the silk flower cleaners that are available easily in the market.
- You can also combine vinegar with water and use it to spray on the plant.
- Clean the plant with a dry cloth to remove the dirt.
Lastly, rinse your plant with cold water and dry them before putting them back into their containers.
Cleaning the Aquatic plants
Although they do not need a constant water supply, they look more beautiful when neat and clean inside water.
Use Hot Water
Over time, the dirty algae collect on the plants and can make them look dull and dirty. In order to remove those rinse them under hot water.
Cleaning the Plant
- You can clean the plant thoroughly using a water-bleach mixture or chlorine neutralizer.
- You can also scrub the plants with salt using a soft-bristled toothbrush.
Dusting the fake plants regularly is the most basic and important step in taking care of your plants. However, they do need some regular cleaning in order to preserve them for a longer period of time.