If you are among those who own a pair of these famous footwear company’s products, namely Birkenstocks sandals and leather or cork sole footwear, this article is for you. Cleaning them up at your home need not be frustrating and it can be done with little patience and some tips that we have right here. There are four main types of these Birkenstocks, and they need to be cleaned in their own ways.
- When Cleaning the Suede Birkenstocks
When you are up against these sandals, you will need simple things. If you have an old toothbrush get it and then some more stuff to shine and all. You can always buy Suede Kits from Birkenstocks to go with.
- Get a cleaning brush, like an old toothbrush or use your Suede Brush.
- Remove the excess debris on the top and the sole of the shoes too. For the soles, tap them on the floor nicely to let mud and soil off first.
- Now, the footwear is ready for some shine and fine cleaning.
- Get the Cleaner that You Purchased with it
Get a clean and soft cloth to begin this ritual. You will need the cloth to rub on the shoes, so kindly do not use an old dirty one. The cleaner should also be the one recommended for the Suede Birkenstocks.
- Use the soft cloth and absorb some cleaner from the bottle, a few drops.
- Gently rub at all along the shoe. At places where you see stains, rub them a little more and apply a thin coat.
- Allow to Dry and Polish it Later
Now that the thin coat is applied and the cleaner has been rubbed all well, it is time to let it dry. It takes maybe for some minutes, like 10 mins or so. And, then brush it up nice and well.
- Brushing after it has dried helps restore the shine of the leather.
- It looks clean and like new unless you have creases.
- You can even let it sit for a couple of hours or so, it doesn’t matter if you have done it alright. The leather will get dry and soak up all the cleaner.
- When Cleaning Leather Birkenstocks
This will need some labor and persistence. Use any leather cleaner that you can buy from footwear stores or get it from Birkenstocks as well. Bring a nice soft clean cloth too.
- Apply a nice big drop of it on the cloth, and nicely gently rub it on the leather.
- You have to apply it over the entire leather, so you can even clean the dirt before that if there is any.
- You can use a combination of some water and salt to clean the leather, but do not wet the leather.
- Finally, use enough cleaner to allow the cleaner to sink and get absorbed into the leather.
- Removing Scuffs if Any
You can use the water and saddle salt solution to remove scuffs from the leather. This has to be done without making the leather too wet. What you need also is distilled vinegar.
- Use equal parts of water, and distilled vinegar to remove the salt stains later.
- Blot the solution on a clean piece of cloth and keep it over the entire surface of the leather.
- Keep repeating it until the stains are completely gone.
- Then you need to scrub your shoe with a nice cloth again all over. Use the leather cleaner and buff the surface nicely with a clean piece of cloth.
- Keep it to dry overnight in a cool and dark place.
- Polish and Let Them Dry Again
Since you are done with drying up the cleaner solution; it is time to polish the leather nicely. This polish should also be left to dry for hours, and you can leave it overnight too if you can.
- Take a polish and nicely polish the leather in a circular motion.
- Use two pieces of cloth here. Once to apply the polish evenly on the surface all over, and another to polish the polish on the leather and give it nice rubs in a circular motion.
- Allow them to dry off completely overnight to retain the shine, it will go away as soon as it comes in contact with dirt.
- When Cleaning Synthetic Birkenstocks
This is the easiest of the shoes that you can clean with. All it needs is water to go with, and no polish or shine.
- They are made of polyurethane and used as beachwear and regular wear.
- Just remove the dirt and excess with a big brush.
- Use some soap and clean it nicely by rubbing and rinsing under water.
- Try to use only fragrance-free soap solution and nicely scrub it under the foam.
- Clean it with water and let it dry away from direct sunlight of course.
- Any decent leather cleaner will also work fine and take care not to use too much of it.
- Do not keep your shoes under sunlight to dry them soon.
How do you clean Birkenstocks at home?
How do you clean Birkenstocks without ruining them?
How do you clean a Birkenstock footbed?
How do you clean smelly Birkenstocks?
If there is a lingering odor coming from your Birkenstocks, sprinkle a small amount of baking soda on the footbed and allow it to sit for several hours or overnight. Finish by wiping excess baking soda away with a soft cloth.
Why do my Birkenstocks smell so bad?
How long should Birkenstocks last?
Is it worth it to resole Birkenstocks?
What to do if Birkenstocks get wet?
Are Birkenstocks really worth it?
Are Birkenstocks Still in Style 2020?
Are Birkenstocks in Style 2020?
Do podiatrists recommend Birkenstocks?
Are Birkenstocks good for walking long distances?
Why Birkenstocks are the worst shoe?
Are Birkenstocks bad for plantar fasciitis?
Do Birkenstocks hurt at first?
Can Birkenstocks hurt your feet?
Why do Birkenstocks hurt my arches?
Ads by Google