Clear Cookies on Mac Safari
- Click on the Safari browser on your Mac to launch it
- On the top left corner of the screen, click on Safari, and then scroll down the menu to click on the “Preferences” located above “Clear History.”
- Then, navigate to the “Privacy” tab
- Next, click on the “Remove All Website” button, and all the website browsing data will get removed. Skip this step and skip and continue from step 6.
- Click on the “Remove Now” button. This step can get you logged out of websites and change how they function. If you would like to remove the data from one site after another, then go to the next step.
- Click on the “Details” button to remove the data stored by the site.
- Select the sites with the cookies that you would like to remove by holding down the “Command” key on your keyboard to enable you to select multiple sites by tapping on them.
- Click on the “Remove” button on the bottom left of the window
- Click on “Done” to get all the selected cookies cleared.
Clear Cookies on Mac Google Chrome Browser
- Click on Google Chrome browser icon on your desktop screen to launch it
- Next, click on the “Chrome” on the top-left corner of the screen.
- And then navigate to “Clear browsing data.”
- Ensure you check the box on the left side of the “Delete cookie and other site data” and set up a time range.
- Then, click on the “Clear browsing data” option, and you should get all the cookies on chrome for Mac cleared.
Clear Cookies on Firefox on Mac
- Click on the Firefox browser icon on the desktop screen to launch it.
- Locate and click on tools icon from the menu bar
- Tap on “Clear recent history.”
- Then, click on the dropdown menu to choose your preferred time range
- Click on “Details,” and a list of all data you should remove will appear.
- Ensure you check on the box on the left side of cookies. You can also choose to clear other types of browsing data by checking on the boxes on their left.
- Tap on the “Clear Now” and the content selected will get removed from your Firefox browser on Mac.
At times, you can find some cookies that you aren’t able to delete while other cookies keep reappearing now and then. Under such circumstances, the following procedure can be useful.
For the case of safari, proceed as follows:
- Close your Safari browser and Click on “Finder,” then “Go.”
- Click on the “Go to Folder”
- Copy and paste “/Library/Safari/Databases” and go to the folder.
- And finally, delete files in this folder without deleting the folder itself.
- If all the above steps are not productive, you can go to the next procedure and delete all cookies at once.
Clear Cookies From Multiple Browsers on Mac
- Download and install MacMaster on your Mac
- Open the Mac cleaner and click on the “Privacy” option
- Click on “Scan”
- After scanning, choose the browser in which you want the cache in it cleared. For example, you can select Google Chrome.
- Check on “Cookies” and then click on “Clear” button to clear Chrome cookies
To clear cookies on other browsers such as Safari, Firefox, and others, select the browser in step 4 and repeat step 5 in each case.
Apart from clearing cookies, you can also use MacMaster to clean other system junks such as caches, duplicate copies, and much more.
Should I delete cookies on my Mac?
How do I clear my existing cookies?
- On your computer, open Chrome.
- At the top right, click More. Settings.
- Under ‘Privacy and security’, click Cookies and other site data.
- Click See all cookies and site data. Remove all.
- Confirm by clicking Clear all.
How do I look at cookies on my Mac?
Can deleting cookies cause problems?
Does clearing cookies delete passwords?
What will I lose if I clear my cache?
What will I lose if I clear cookies?
Does clearing my history delete everything?
Does Google keep deleted history?
How do I permanently delete my browsing history?
- On your computer, open Chrome.
- At the top right, click More .
- Click History. History.
- On the left, click Clear browsing data.
- From the drop-down menu, select how much history you want to delete.
- Check the boxes for the info you want Chrome to clear, including “browsing history.”
- Click Clear data.
Is it a good idea to clear browsing history?
Your browser tends to hold onto information, and over time this can cause problems with logging in to or loading websites. It is always a good idea to clear out your cache, or browser history, and clear cookies on a regular basis.
Will clearing history speed up computer?
Why is it important to clear cache and cookies?
Should you clear cookies?
Do cookies slow down computer?
How often should you clear cookies?
Why should I clear my cache?
Ads by Google