Are you looking for how to clean your YouTube history to help your phone or computer? Well, we’ve got you covered.
Below are the procedures to help you the task correctly.
How To Clear YouTube History On PC& Mac
Are you looking for how to clear your YouTube history from your computer? Well, we must have had you in mind. Below is the procedure.
- From your favorite browser, navigate to YouTube by clicking on this link https://www.youtube.com/. By doing that, you’ll get to YouTube homepage, if you’re logged in. If not logged in, click on “Sign In” on the top right corner and feed in your details.
- Once inside your YouTube account, locate and click the “History” tab on the left side of the homepage.
- When the History opens, click on the “CLEAR ALL WATCH HISTORY” on the left side of the homepage. A dialogue box will appear asking you to clear all watch history or cancel. If you are ready to commit, proceed to the next step.
- Click on “CLEAR ALL WATCH HISTORY. “By doing that, you will clear all the details of the previously watched video history on YouTube. When done with this, you can proceed to clear search history.
- Click on the circular button on the right side of “Search history.”
- Click on “CLEAR ALL SEARCH HISTORY,” and a prompt will appear with two options. “CANCEL” and “CLEAR ALL SEARCH HISTORY”
- Click on “CLEAR ALL SEARCH HISTORY.” This option will clear all your search history from the YouTube channel.
Tip: Clearing all your YouTube history with one big sweep can be inconvenient in away. Therefore, you can opt for clearing personal history. Since searches are listed in the center of “History” tab from the latest to the oldest, you can delete a particular history by clicking on the “X” next to every single search to remove it.
How To Clear YouTube History On iPhone/iPad
If you want to delete your YouTube search history on your iPhone and you aren’t sure of how to do it correctly, you needn’t worry. We’ve made it easy for you in the following steps.
- On your home screen, locate the YouTube app icon and tap to open it. By doing that, your app should get you to the YouTube homepage. If not yet signed in, click on the “Sign In” option and feed in your account details.
- Tap on your profile icon on the top right of your screen if you are using iPhone 7. But, If you’re using iPhone 6, tap on the three horizontal lines on the left top corner of your screen.
- From the list that appears, tap on the Settings option and then select the “History and privacy” option. After that, click on the “Clear search history” button. Tap on “Clear Search History” to clear the history if you’re using iPhone 7.
- For iPhone 6, tap on the three horizontal lines on the top left corner of your screen and a list of the menu will appear. From the list, tap on the “History” and then tap on the small trash bin–like icon on the top right corner. After that, your video history will get deleted.
- When through, you can go back to the home screen and do other things.
How To Clear Your YouTube Watch History On Android
Deleting everything from your YouTube watch history can at times be extreme. But, if all you want is to start on a clean slate, this option might be the best. Below are the steps to clear your history.
- Tap on “your Avatar” in the top right corner of the YouTube home.
- Tap on “Settings” and a list of the menu will appear
- Scroll and tap on “History and privacy.”
- Tap on the option for “Clear watch history.” By tapping on that option, a popup window will appear asking you whether you want to delete your watch history. It will also inform you that the process will change your video settings. If you’re ready to commit, proceed to the next step
- Tap on “Clear watch history” and all the history will be gone.
Tip: Be careful with this process as you cannot undo it when completed successfully. However, another alternative way of clearing the jam from your history is by pausing the history tracking. That said, pausing the youtube history might seem better. If you want to pause your watch history, follow the steps below.
How To Pause YouTube Video Watch History
YouTube allows you to turn off history tracking and stop reposting the record in your history. With that, you can go exploring on countless projects without fear of having them on record. Below are the steps to go.
- In your YouTube home screen feed, click on “your Avatar” on the top right corner of the screen
- Tap on the “Settings”
- Tap “History & privacy.”
- Tap “Pause watch history.”
- The toggle will turn blue when it slides to on.
With your history tracking turned off, you can now search for all ridiculous without affecting your recommendation and search analysis. Also, you can pause your search history through the following procedure.
How To Pause YouTube Search History
Similar to watch history, you can pause your search history and search for virtually everything without the searches having an impact on your recommendations. To do so, proceed with the following steps.
- Tap on “your Avatar” in the top right corner of the screen.
- Tap on “Settings” and a list of options will appear.
- Tap “History & Privacy,” and then “Pause search history.” By doing that, the toggle will turn blue as the button slides on. If you want to turn it off in the future, you can repeat the process and turn it on in the final step.
How To Clear YouTube Search History
If you want to nuke your search history and start over, the following steps come in handy.
- Tap on “your avatar” in your YouTube home feed to see the options.
- Next, tap on the “Settings” and a list of options will appear.
- Tap on “History & privacy.”
- Next, tap on “Clear search story.” By doing that, a message will appear asking you whether you want to clear your search history. If you’re ready to commit, move to the next step.
- To finalize your task, tap on “Okay.”
You’ve done it! Your search history will now appear clean.
How To Delete A Single Search History From YouTube
Anytime you do searches on YouTube, a list of the previous searches will always appear. Therefore, to delete any search history from the record, the following steps are essential.
- Tap on the “Search” icon
- Press and hold the search thread you would wish to delete. A pop-up window will appear asking you whether you want to delete the search. If you’re ready to commit, proceed to the next step.
- Tap on “Ok” to complete your task.