Chromecast by Google is plausibly the best streaming devices one can lay hands on.
Here is an instinctive guide to set up your device so you can start binge-watching.
Plug and Watch
Your new Chromecast came with an HDMI connection and a USB connection to power it up.
- Firstly, plug-in the device into the HDMI port of your TV and then connect it to the USB power cable.
- Next, connect the cable either to an external power source or to your TV itself.
- After this, you will need to ensure that the Chromecast and your other device being used for setting up are connected to the same network or Wi-Fi.
Connect Chromecast to TV with Wi-Fi
‘Google Home’ is the application we use to manage our Chromecast. While the application was designed to work in iOS and Android devices, one can work around the system to get things working on the desktop.
- For desktop or laptop personal computers, you can use Google Chrome as a substitute, as an easier approach.
- As an alternative, you can also use Android emulator software where you can install ‘Google Home’ from the ‘Play Store’.
- For everything to work smoothly, both the Chromecast and the casting device need to be connected to the same Wi-Fi network. This Wi-Fi could be provided from the mobile hotspot.
Connect Chromecast to the TV from Your Laptop
The first choice of device for most people when casting their screen on the TV is their laptop computer. Here’s how you can connect your PC with the Chromecast.
- Though it is the same across all kinds of devices, you will have to first download and install the Google Home application in your mobile or tablet device.
- Next, you will have to navigate to the website you wish to cast on your TV, from Chrome on the laptop PC.
- Now, after you click on the ‘Menu’ icon at the top right corner of your screen, you will find an option to ‘Cast’.
- Here, you must select the network common among the devices and select the appropriate ‘Source’ (desktop, in this case).
- Once the device is connected to the TV, you can then switch tabs on your device and the contents of that tab will be displayed accordingly.
If you have more than monitors set up, you will be given the option to choose the screen you wish to display the contents on. And that’s how easy it is to set up and use your Chromecast (https://store.google.com/product/chromecast).