The latest addition from Google is an app designed specifically to allow iOS users to connect to Chromecast. This was seriously in demand and Google decided to release it finally this week. It is on the App Store for devices running iOS 6 or higher. Chromecast is a $35 alternative to watching TV via iPads and iPhones.
Learn to Plug it Correctly
This device goes into the USB port of your TV. It uses the Wi-Fi connection to work across your iPad as a controller. The content will be streamed from the iPhone to the TV. The complete setup is given at Google’s Support Center
- First, plug the Chromecast to your TV. The device/dongle is USB powered.
- Don’t forget to connect the power cord and turn on the TV.
- If your dongle is undetected, remove and plug it again.
Switch to Proper Input Settings
This is a setting that you have to do on your big screen like the TV or an external monitor or something. There you have to access the input settings and change it from whatever to HDMI. For example, when connecting a computer to a projector you use HDMI input.
- Use the TV settings to find the input.
- Then, you have to switch to HDMI as input in your TV settings.
- Once you have done this step properly, you should be able to connect to the Chromecast directly.
Connect to the Dongle Via Wi-Fi
You must have downloaded the app by now. The App will automatically scan for the device and locate it. The app will show a page showing that a new Chromecast has been found and asking permission to set it up for you.
- Turn on the Wi-Fi on your iPhone and look for Chromecast-like name.
- Connect to it on the same network as your iPad or iPhone.
- If your app does not find it, try refreshing or switching the Wi-Fi On and off.
Name the Device and Change the Network
When you connect for the first time to the Chromecast from your iPhone or iPad, you can select the network and give a name to the device. In case you cannot stream, you must try checking which Wi-Fi network you are connected to on both the device. There is a separate page for checking this in the above step.
- Select a name that is easy to find through the broadcasted SSIDs.
- Make sure you select the Wi-Fi network that is the same for both Chromecast and the iPad/iPhone where you want to stream.
Stream your Content and Enjoy
Once the Chromecast is connected, you are ready to stream directly. Since both the device and the dongle from Google now supports streaming, you can check out your photos, movies, and other stuff on the big screen like the TV.
- The Chromecast can be used to stream any content like photos, movies, videos from the small screens like the iPhone to TV.
- You can also do the same from your computer via the Chrome browser, using Chromecast.
- It supports currently Netflix and YouTube directly running from your iPhone or iPad.
- If something goes wrong, you cannot factory reset it from the app. You have to manually press and hold the power button on the Chromecast dongle itself for like 20 to 30 seconds or so.
- There is lesser support for apps on Chromecast, and even lesser on the App Store, the Google Home for iOS. For example, you get Google Play Music and Movies and TV.
You can cast directly from YouTube or Netflix by selecting the “Cast” option and then selecting Chromecast from the drop-down menu.
Can you chromecast from iPhone?
Why won’t my iPhone connect to chromecast?
On your iOS device’s home screen (iOS 14 or later), tap Settings. Local Network. Turn on Local Network Access for the app(s) you would like to allow access to your network. This will allow permissions for your device to discover Cast-enabled devices.
How do I connect my iPhone to my TV wirelessly with chromecast?
How do I connect my iPhone to my TV without HDMI?
Can you connect your iPhone to your TV with a USB cable?
Can I pair my phone to my TV?
How do I wirelessly connect my phone to my TV?
How can I show my phone screen on my TV?
How do I pair my phone with my Smart TV?
How can I share my phone screen on my TV?
- Make sure your mobile phone or tablet is on the same Wi-Fi network as your Chromecast device.
- Open the Google Home app .
- Tap the device you want to cast your screen to.
- Tap Cast my screen. Cast screen.
How do I connect my phone to chromecast?
- Open the Google Home app.
- Tap the Account tab.
- Scroll down and tap Mirror device.
- Tap Cast Screen/Audio. To successfully use this feature, you need to turn on the “microphone” permission in the Google Play Services app.
- Finally, choose your Chromecast device. You’re done!
How can I mirror my iPhone to my TV without Apple TV?
- Mirror iPhone to TV with a Cable. You can use a cable like Apple’s Digital AV Adapter, to easily connect your iPhone and mirror your entire screen to the TV in 1080p picture quality and sound.
- Mirror iPhone to TV with Google Chromecast.
- Mirror iPhone to TV with Roku.
How do I turn on content sharing on my iPhone?
- Turn on and connect to Wi-Fi.
- From any home screen, tap Apps.
- Tap Settings > Share & connect > Media server.
- Select the Content sharing checkbox and then tap Yes.
Why can’t I see Home Sharing on my iPhone?
Where is the share feature on iPhone?
Why can’t I turn on Home Sharing on my iPhone?
Mac or PC: Open iTunes and go to File → Home Sharing → Turn on Home Sharing in the Menu Bar. iPhone or iPad: Go to Settings → Music or Settings → Videos and turn on the Home Sharing toggle switch.