If you want the ability to view YouTube content on your TV through your phone, there are a few different methods you can follow. In this article you will learn about a number of ways to stream YouTube videos on your television so you can watch them on a bigger and better screen anytime you want.
The first method of connecting YouTube from your phone to your TV is with AirPlay, and it is fairly simple. You will need to have an Apple TV to do this.
- First connect your Apple TV to the Wi-Fi network that your iPhone is already on.
- Open up the Control Center on your iPhone in the YouTube app.
- Tap the “AirPlay Mirroring” option and select your Apple TV. You will see a code come up on the screen. Enter the code on your iPhone to finish up this process.
The next method that you can use to connect the YouTube app on your phone to your TV is with the 2nd Screen method, which is also known as DIAL (Discover and Launch).
- First you will need to confirm that your smartphone and TV are connected to the same wireless local network.
- Connect your TV to the internet as opposed to just the Wi-Fi connection.
- Open up the YouTube app on both of the devices you are using.
- Tap the Cast icon, which appears as a small little TV picture with the Wi-Fi symbol in the lower left hand corner.
- Choose the device that you want to cast YouTube to. You will see a list of compatible devices appear.
- Select the video that you want to watch on your smartphone. Anything you do to the video will also happen on the TV. For instance, when you pause a YouTube video on your phone, it will also pause on your television.
You will also be able to stream videos from the YouTube app on your phone to your TV via Chromecast. This has become a very popular option in recent years, and it is quite simple.
- First you need to confirm that both your smartphone and Chromecast device are connected to the same wireless local network.
- Open up the YouTube app on the smartphone you are using.
- Select the Cast icon and choose your Chromecast device on the list that appears.
- Navigate to the video you want to watch on the YouTube app on your phone and start playing it. You should see the video start playing on your TV. If you do not, go back through the previous steps to see if you missed something.
- If you want to mirror the display on your Android to your Chromecast device, you will need to make sure it is connected the same Wi-Fi network as your smartphone. Next you will need to open the Google Home app and select “Cast Screen/Audio” on the menu that appears. After you have done that, select “Cast Screen/Audio” and choose your Chromecast device.
- If you are using a Pixel or Nexus device, you can use the “Cast Screen” Quick Settings tile. This will allow you to broadcast all YouTube videos from your phone to your TV instantly.
Make sure that you have the YouTube app installed on your smart TV before trying any of these methods. These days most of these TVs come with this app, but you will need to double check before starting.
How do I pair my phone with my TV?
How do I cast YouTube from my Android to my TV?
How do I cast from my Android to TV?
- Connect your device to the same Wi-Fi network as your Android TV.
- Open the app that has the content you want to cast.
- In the app, find and select Cast .
- On your device, select the name of your TV .
- When Cast. changes color, you’re successfully connected.
Why can’t I cast from my phone to my TV?
How can I share my phone screen to my TV?
How do I project my phone screen on my TV?
How can I cast my phone to my TV without chromecast?
How do I connect my phone to my TV using Bluetooth?
How can I connect my Android phone to my non smart TV without chromecast?
- Roku Streaming Stick. Roku, which is the pioneer when it comes to streaming devices, offers an easy way for you to see your Android screen on a bigger screen.
- Amazon Fire Stick.
How do I connect my phone to my TV without screen mirroring?
How do I wirelessly connect my phone to my TV?
How do I connect my phone to my TV without HDMI?
Can I use my charger cord to connect to my TV?
What HDMI cable do I need to connect my phone to my TV?
How do I pair my phone to my Samsung TV?
- Download the SmartThings app.
- Open Screen Sharing.
- Get your phone and TV on the same network.
- Add your Samsung TV, and allow sharing.
- Select Smart View to share content.
- Use your phone as a remote.