Three-in-one beds “grow” together with your kid.
This gives you an efficient way to furnish his bedroom correctly as he grows from a small infant to a toddlerWhen the crib isn’t convertible, then you can buy a conversion kit.
However, here’s how you can convert a crib into a toddler bed
- Start by choosing a nice guardrail. But if the crib came with its toddler bed rail, then you don’t have to be worried about buying a different rail.
- Most toddler bed rails are shorter and lower than the crib sides. Therefore, your toddler should quickly move in and out of bed without help, and the rail must protect him from rolling out of bed accidentally in his or her sleep.
- The best option should be a universal guardrail toddler kit, and it must fit all manufactured cribs. Furthermore, it has screws and metal brackets that you can use to attach the rail.
- Use an electric or manual screwdriver to remove all screws that hold one part of the crib then lift the side away.
- If you choose to remove all sides of the crib, you must fix a toddler’s rail on both sides. Alternatively, you can push the other side of the bed on the wall. But this style works only on convertible cribs. Stationary cribs lack removable sides.
- After that, remove the bedding. But you must first access the bottom slats of the bed as you install the guardrail then remove the mattress and the bedding.
- Then attach the brackets on the rail. Do this by positioning on L-bracket on each side’s rail post. Use a screwdriver and screws to fix the brackets to the post.
- When done with that, raise the guardrail then position it on top of the bare sides of the bed. Grab the rail to make the attached brackets and the end posts line up with two different slats on the lower side of the bed.
- Make sure you leave a space of about 23 cm between the headboard and the rail and equal space between the footboard and the rail.
- Leaving this space on both sides of the rail makes it easy for the toddler to jump in and out of bed.
- Now fix the rail on the bed. Do this by installing two screws on the remaining holes of the brackets and the corresponding slat rolls located on the bottom side of the bed.
- Finally, make the bed. Immediately your guardrail is ready, return all bedding to the bed. The toddler bed is now available to be used.
- If you target to add a second rail on the opposite side of the bed, follow the steps done on the first rail. Fix both tracks before you return the bedding.
How to Convert Crib to Toddler Bed Delta
Most cribs designed by Delta are meant to fit your kid from her birth until he gets to his childhood. Converting the bed from a crib into a toddler bed delta is easy, and the process takes a short time.
- Remove the rail assembly located on the front side of the crib then place an Allen key on each of the bolts. After that, turn it counter-clockwise to make the bolts loose. Since you’ll re-install the legs again, you don’t have to remove the bolts entirely.
- Again use an Allen key to detach the front rail assembly legs. Each leg is tied using one bolt on the top rail and another one close to the lower side of the rail assembly.
- After that, use pliers to grab the metal stabilizer pins that are used to fix the front rail to the legs. Ensure you pull them out gently to prevent further damages.
- With that done, fix the legs on the crib’s side rails. After that, line the metal pins to the holes located on the side rails then slowly push on the legs to secure them in position.
- Finally, tighten the Allen bolts. Do this by turning the Allen key in a clockwise manner.
How to Convert Crib to Toddler Bed Graco
- Start by removing the mattress, and the bedding then make sure that the drop-side moves so high.
- Then eliminate the block brakes, or the rail stops below the drop-side on each plastic rack. You can comfortably do the task using a Philips-head screwdriver can do the job perfectly. Gently pull the block brakes away from the plastic rays then place them aside as you can use them in the future.
- After that, push down the drop-side gently. If it’s found where the brakes were located, it can quickly get out of the rail. After that, detach it completely.
- Having done that, position the bedding’s stretcher on the lowest part. If possible, use ¾ inch screws that hold tightly the stretcher and the legs using an Allen wrench. Then, make sure you line up the holes that are located on the metal tabs within the stretcher. Ensure the minimal match the tiny holes found on the legs. After that, place in all the nuts then close them using the Allen wrench.
- Return the beddings then prepare the toddler bed according to how you want it to be.
That’s how you can simply turn a crib into a toddler bed. As you can see the process looks simple but calls for experience.