Crabs are the most delicious seafood available for the human race.
There are different types of recipes made with crabs in different countriesSometimes you get frozen crabs in marketsThey are preserved to sell in the marketHere are some easy hacks to cook frozen crabs.
How to Cook Frozen Crabs without a Steamer?
When you buy frozen crabs from the market for your family and friends, you get it frozen. As crab is livestock, so it is a perishable item. You need to preserve it properly to use later. So here we are going to discuss the methods with which you can cook frozen crabs.
- Put a pot of a little larger in size than the medium one. Place it on the oven with water that will acquire about one-third of the capacity of the pot.
- Out a colander on the pot which will fit with its size. After that put the crabs on the colander as the water into the pot starts boiling. Now cover the colander with a lid.
- Now leave the water to boil for at least 10 minutes. If you see the crab legs are finely cooked, then you take it out of the water. Now it is ready to eat.
Butter for Crab Legs
Butter sauce is one of the best combinations to take with crab legs. Some people say that garlic butter is the best to serve crab legs. Some more types of butter are also there which people like to have with crab legs. Now here is the preparation of garlic butter to serve with crab legs.
Firstly it is important to know the ingredients we will use to make the garlic butter. A quarter cup of butter along with a garlic clove. Put the garlic into a grinder and make a fine pest of it. Now you have to add one and a half teaspoon of parsley leaves into it. They should be well dried. Now put half of a quarter teaspoon salt to increase the test. Black pepper powder is very useful to get a different type of flavor from the butter. Now you have to put the butter on a pan to melt and then sauté the garlic into it until it becomes translucent. Now put the parsley, black pepper powder, and the salt into it. Mix it until it starts bubbling. The butter is ready.
Cajun Crab Legs Recipe
Here is the list of ingredients that you need for the Cajun Crab legs recipe.
- Water to boil the ingredients.
- A quarter cup of old bays seasoning.
- A small sized onion.
- Two stalks of celery.
- Two bay leaves of medium size.
- Cayenne pepper of one dash.
- Salt to test.
- New potatoes, favorably eight in number.
- Corn without husks and silks.
- Crab legs.
- Herbal butter.
Now after the Ingredients List it’s Time for the Recipe
Firstly you have to put water into the pot in which you will cook the crabs. Now add salt into it as per your test. Then after the water starts boiling, add the old bay seasonings, celery, cayenne pepper, onions, and bay leaves and leave the water to boil well. After that turn the flame down to medium and put potatoes into it to boil and let them cook for 5 minutes. Now put the corn into it and leave it again for 10 minutes. As the water decreases due to boiling, now lay the crab legs on it. You need to warm them for 15 minutes minimum. It will leave an awesome smell of mixed spices and the crab legs.
Do You Need to Thaw Frozen Crab Legs before Cooking?
Well not necessarily. It is not mandatory to thaw the frozen crab legs before you cook them. You can defrost the frozen crab legs in a steamer. During this, the water should boil rapidly for nearly 10 minutes. You need to take water in such an amount that will fill up one-third of the pot. To get the best result, you should cover the pot with a lid. It will save fuel and the cooking will be fast.
- Freeze the crab legs to avoid perishing.
- Boil it in rapid boiling water to get the best result out of it.
- Butter sauce is the best thing to take with crab legs.