Google Maps has become an integral part of our lives as we have come to rely on it for all forms of navigation.
However, even Google Maps needs corrections and, in this section, we bring you the procedure on how to correct Google Maps.
How to Correct Google Maps Location?
Despite best efforts, a lot of times locations are labeled incorrectly on Google Maps. The reason for this is that Google relies on its community to mark and label locations.
- If you find any incorrectly labeled roads or buildings, you can report this on Google Maps in order to correct it.
- You can even add a new address by holding a pin on the map and the tapping the address followed by tapping the ‘Add a Missing Place’ (https://support.google.com/maps/answer/6320846?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform=Desktop) option.
- If you feel that there is an issue with a pinned landmark, then tap on ‘Suggest an Edit’ option.
- Some countries or regions may not have an edit option, in such a case you can drop a mail to Google.
- If there is a problem with any of the images uploaded for an address then, locate that image and then hit ‘Report a Problem’ option.
How to Correct Google Maps Route?
Google Maps try to show you the best route for a particular destination but you have to change that route. If you feel that you know a better route than the one being shown then you can edit the route to one of your choices.
- First, click on ‘Directions’ on your Google Maps and then enter the start point and the destination.
- Click on route description on the left and then hit the ‘Send Feedback’ option to provide feedback to Google regarding the route.
- If alternate routes are being shown then you can drag the route to choose the best possible options. The route chosen will turn blue from grey.
- You can add stops in the middle if you feel that the route you know is better and is dotted with landmarks which you can add as stops.
How to Correct Google Maps Directions?
Sometimes, Google Maps show longer routes anticipating traffic congestions or road closures which may not be present. The on-road reality may be different from what is being shown.
- After entering both the start and the end point, click on step by step directions and then hit send feedback to provide feedback to Google on the route shown.
- If you feel that incorrect driving directions are being shown to a known address then you can report this to Google as well.
- Giving feedback on the directions will allow Google Maps to show a more optimized route next time.
- Remember that Google Maps may be showing you the route with least congestion instead of the least distance.
- Google Maps may not be able to figure out when road closures are lifted so you can provide feedback for that.
Since Google Maps is community driven, so your feedback helps improve the services provided by the maps.
How do I correct a mistake on Google Maps?
Remove an incorrect or fraudulent listing
- Open Google Maps .
- Find the place you want to flag for review.
- Select the place Suggest an edit. Remove this place.
- Choose the reason the place should be removed.
- Select Submit.
How do I edit Google Maps?
How do you correct an address on a map?
- On your Android phone or tablet, open the Google Maps app .
- Search for an address. Then, tap Suggest an edit Fix an address.
- Move the map to the center of the building.
- Enter the address information.
- To submit, tap Send.
Why is my address not in Google Maps?
How do I change my current location?
- On your Android device, open the Settings app .
- Tap Location. App permission.
- Tap on the app you use to search, like the Google app or Google Maps .
- Choose location access for this app: Allow or Deny.
How can I trick my phone location?
How do I change my current location on Google Maps?
What you can change, add or edit info about a place:
- Marker location.
- Hours or other facts.
Can you tell if someone is faking their location?
The app can detect that users have enabled ALLOW_MOCK_LOCATION but has no easy way to determine whether locations received are mock or real. The app can detect that the location came from a mock provider when the API returns true.
How do you stop someone from seeing my location without turning it off?
Can you trick location services?
How can I fake my location without mock location?
Floater- Fake GPS Location
- First, open Settings on your phone.
- Then move down and click on “About Phone”
- Now click on “Build Number” and click seven times to enable Developer Options.
How do I turn off mock location?
- First, Open “Setting” app on your phone.
- Scroll down and select “Developer Options” and open it.
- In the Developer Options, Scroll down and find “Allow Mock Location” option.
- Here you can enable and disable Mock Location using “Slider” button.
Can’t find Allow mock locations?
- Go to your “Settings”, “Systems”, “About Device” and tap multiple times on “Build number” and activate the Developer Mode.
- In the “Developer Options” menu, scroll down to “Debugging” and activate the “Allow mock locations”.